Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Who do we send?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do we send?

Suppose there's an international song contest with participants of eveeery country in the world. You're the head of the armenian delegation. Who's your first choice? Who do you think would best represent armenia's music?

(feel free to talk about other countries too, though I'd really like to know your opinion on armenian music)

Tatoul, is the man!!!

muahahahaahahhahahhaaa

Comment

OH GOD NO!
      tatoul? the guy with the nasal constipated voice whose music is comprised of the beats already installed in his keyboard?

alright, alright....lemme clarify the question

The singer you decide to send represents Armenia, not Kurdistan. Also, your intention must be to allow Armenia's victory, not humiliating defeat.

Comment

I think who is secondary in this case.
        as long as Zoorna, Duduk and Dap are a part of the instruments and as long as it's original Armenian music, compositionwise, (the kind that, I'm sorry to say, no one listens to now) I think any talented singer would do.
        I'd say Nune would do an awesome job performing pure Armenian music.
        I mean I love Haroot and Tata and Roupen and hokees lol, but since it's an international music event, I can't give these people's music "Armenian" credit. they're all affected by different kinds of music.

Comment

Good point Jahannam. I think I'm one of the few ppl left who still go crazy over Matevosian and Badalian.

Nune would do a good job, and would be even better if she were accompanied by Jivan Gasparyan.

Another one I really like is Alla Levonyan. She's from Armenia, quite young, with an amazing voice. She has some crappy songs, but quite a few great ones. Ever heard of her?

Comment

Baron Dants y ru taking my proposal seriously!!! is that possible for me to like that rabiz and ugly existence?

Aram Asaturyan is very good one....................
            yeah yeah the fatass could do a good job!

Comment

lol, I didn't know how to take your tatoul proposal.

As for Aram Asatryan, the only good thing about him was "Hay em Yes", only because it was catchy and fun at parties.

As for the rest of his "work", nothing particularly armenian or inspiring...

Comment

yeah... this is freakin Glendale
                every singer from Armenia has been here...
                I've heard Alla perform on stage a while ago, but I don't recall any musical details about her.

Comment

Originally posted by fIReBuRntInHeLL
                  Baron Dants y ru taking my proposal seriously!!! is that possible for me to like that rabiz and ugly existence?

Aram Asaturyan is very good one....................
                  yeah yeah the fatass could do a good job!
                  I hope you're kidding about him too woman!
                  I'm often embarrassed of the fact that I share a nationality with that guy.

Comment

ooh Common, dont u just love his FAT face, and the whole fatiness on the stage!!! he would definitely be the winner!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X