Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Post Here If You Love Jesus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crimson Glow
    Precisely. If you take religion so seriously, and are easily offended by material making fun of someone you believe existed and died for you, all that means is that YOU can't post such material. You have no right to say that I, or anyone else for that matter, can't do so. Your beliefs and sensativities shouldn't dictate what the rest of us can and can't say. And again, I'm not sure why this one subject always conjures up such reaction, other then what Mousy presented, while only a fraction of such effort is spent complaining on other equally as controversial subjects. Are they less important?

You should try this one crazy trick that most religous folk avoid just this once. Try looking at things from the other side of your comments. For example, I find it very offensive when people DO believe in Jesus or god. Should I go around to every pro-religious thread and tell them to stop posting positive messages about god and/or jesus because I find it extremely offensive to assume that the bible is the truth? Should I consider your very existence indecent and thoughtless just because you believe in god?

In other words, can you be a little more understanding?
    It's not that simple. God to many people is like a dearest family member and part of their soul, so when they see God get ridiculed and insulted it hurts them to a point of feeling the need to complain about. Now, I still think they should stop themselves and see it as an excercise of freedom of speech rather a evil attack on their faith, but we also need to give them a little slack for the reasons I just mentioned. How would you feel if there was a thread ridiculing your father or someone very close to your heart.
    Like IKE, I think the lol pictures are funny, but any sentence with the word biitch and Jesus or any portrayal of Jesus as a fool or worse is going too far. Having said that, I respect your right to go to HELL , I mean your right to say what's on your mind. lol JK
    Last edited by karoaper; 06-12-2005, 07:02 PM.

Comment

There's a small problem with that comparison. My family members obviously exist. Weather god does is not so clear. I see the whole people getting all bent out of shape thing about the subject as a way of shoving their beliefs down my throat. There are plenty of things that I'm quite passionate about, and take it to heart when they are ridiculed. I may say a lot of things in rebuttle, but telling people to have some respect (which actually displays a lack of respect for others merely by making such a request in the first place) and quit posting things that oppose my beliefs is not one of them. They have as much right to take what I love lightly, as I do to hold dear what I love.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow
        There's a small problem with that comparison. My family members obviously exist. Weather god does is not so clear. I see the whole people getting all bent out of shape thing about the subject as a way of shoving their beliefs down my throat. There are plenty of things that I'm quite passionate about, and take it to heart when they are ridiculed. I may say a lot of things in rebuttle, but telling people to have some respect (which actually displays a lack of respect for others merely by making such a request in the first place) and quit posting things that oppose my beliefs is not one of them. They have as much right to take what I love lightly, as I do to hold dear what I love.
        What I'm trying to say is that it would be silly not to undestand when believers get mad or hurt at such material. But I agree that they do need to see others' right to speak their mind in a forum that is easy to ignore and turn off.

Comment

Oh I understand what you're trying to say perfectly, as well as why they get upset. But what I'M saying is that the only truly silly thing here is not seeing how offensive it is to non-believers that the world revolves around automatically assuming you believe in the respective god of your nation/ethnicity. When something goes wrong, people don't ASK if you believe in god, they just come flat out and say "well....you have to pray. It's the only thing that can help, now". When such things happen or are said, I just keep my mouth shut (as much as the assumption outrageous me), smile, nod and move on. I don't introduce my views, let alone go off about the person being indecent and needing to show some respect.

It just blows my mind that this subject is still so taboo that even believers are condemned for joking around about it like they are on this thread. Mentioning being athiest or agnostic in most societies is like mentioning the the G word when discussing the Armenian genocide in Turkey. People condemn it, and just want to keep the opposing view bottled up and silent. It just annoys me that the "faithfull" only think of themselves when it comes to offending/being offended.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
            You know, I have a problem with your kind of Christians who can't seem to mind your own business. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Furthermore, because I feel that I am able to joke about anything, even rape, as George Carlin said, what makes you assume I am not a Christian?

Like was said before, if you don't like it, stop coming back to this damn thread. It's almost as if things like this give Christians like you a cause to celebrate and exist. The impression I get is that ones Christianity is dependent on what others say or do. Seriously.

First of all read my post correctly and thoroughly THEN try to argue with me.

I never said you were not a christian.

Comment

Re: Post Here If You Love Jesus!

Originally posted by sad_eyes View Post
              Let he who is among you that is without sin, cast the first stone...

This is quite blasphamous (If I spelt that right) can I ask you all to stop without being yelled at?
              Let there be light! And there was light, and God saw that the light was good.* ; (Hebrew): Ishcar doman esc ve anch in! Och thias wo-an, och Astvadz tehnav heer co an char er cher.* (Armenian): Togh Loos nenee! Ooh loose eghav, ooh asdadv thesav vor it loose laver.* (Alpha & Omega laungage): (God's laungage) Kochatser ump ajanjar doon cokiteen. Ive ine, sede ine fo mar! Fickaos dokian! this is ur ass:
              )(

Comment

Re: Post Here If You Love Jesus!

Jesus is the beginning of the world.
                Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Working...
                X