Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ankap - Angry at the Mayans for a false prediction? POST YOUR GRIEVANCES HERE!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ankap Thread

Originally posted by Sip
    If you love 99% then statistically speaking, that word doesn't mean much when you use it. So in your case, love < poop.
    My 99% includes humans.

Edit: there are how many species on the planet--divine creation (130-50 million plus, depending on how you define 'species')... how many known species to humans (let alone known to 'science') = 1.5 million... how many individuals of each species... phew... How can one species of divine creation take such an arrogant role to assume they can destroy the others (when given the CHOICE to know better!). BAD IDEA! VERY bad idea.

Human beings should be much more humble! They depend on all of those other life forms to LIVE. Duh! Ask Homer from Simpsons, or maybe even, King Tut.

The most sad thing for me about that situation is that those LEAST implicated in harm are often those most harmed, like the poor and 'minorities' (look at Katrina for an example). If that ecoracism situation doesn't change, that WILL be changed--and 'wall street,' et al. won't be happy with how. I say 'wall street' to cover all of the bs that big money hides, too.
    Last edited by Anahita; 06-12-2006, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anahita
      How can one species of divine creation take such an arrogant role to assume they can destroy the others (when given the CHOICE to know better!). BAD IDEA! VERY bad idea.
      What do you mean by "divine creation" Anahita. I'm a bit worried by your use of that phrase.

Apart from us humans, there isn't that much special about the preservation of any particular species - In the overall history of life on the Earth there are now far more extinct species that there are living ones. And we are probably the only species that would have concern for the extinction of another species.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

if something is created for destruction you just cannot judge them for destruction... if we kill animals for fun this is installed and default.. and you are a failure anahita... i dont know any lion jailed for killing a couple of goats... dont mess with gods work... he created us so let him deal with us... who da heck are you? we destroy and we build and welove and we hate... i love the feeling of anger and the satisfaction comes with that after i break up things... if you wanna live like a tree start with not talking or typing... after you can bury your feet for familirization...

Comment

I'm a midnight fistfight.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
            What do you mean by "divine creation" Anahita... I'm a bit worried by your use of that phrase.

Apart from us humans, there isn't that much special about the preservation of any particular species - In the overall history of life on the Earth there are now far more extinct species that there are living ones. And we are probably the only species that would have concern for the extinction of another species.
            BOLD added.

THAT is one of my points. Human are one of the only the only species on Earth with that kind of mental awareness (yet many in the human species act suicidal, homocidal and worse towards 'the other'--including members of our own species! Primates--especially the great apes, whales, dolphins, elephants and other species share some of that awareness (BUT not thumbs...).

Comment

What do you mean by "divine creation" Anahita... I'm a bit worried by your use of that phrase.

Divine creation. I can't really explain that. Cap words come to mind: Beauty. Mystery. Magic. Love.

THAT (in bold) is similar to one of my main points. Humans are one of the only species on Earth with that kind of mental capacity and awareness (yet many in the human species act suicidal, homocidal and worse towards 'the other'--including members of our own species!

Primates--especially the Great apes, whales, dolphins, elephants and other species share some of that awareness (BUT not thumbs...). These other species want to help us (and individual dolphins, chimps, elephants... etc... often do) but they are also terrified at the same time (with reason.) WHY do humans treat each other and other individuals of other species in such an evil way? We shouldn't. That needs to stop.
              Last edited by Anahita; 06-14-2006, 04:03 PM.

Comment

[/B] Primates--especially the great apes, whales, dolphins, elephants and other species share some of that awareness (BUT not thumbs...).
                They would I think be aware of, and have concern for, deaths within their own species (even if the dead animal was not their mate or one of their immediate offspring). But I don't think they would have any concern for the death of an animal of another species (unless it was a specific individual they had for some reason formed a bond with).
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

[/B]

Divine creation. I can't really explain that. Cap words come to mind: Beauty. Mystery. Magic. Love.
                  It sounded a lil' bit too religious for me.
                  Species are not created by any single god-like entity, but by the interaction over time by living creatures with their environment. So if anything is devine, it is the whole Earth (but you do think that anyway, I think.. ).
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

It sounded a lil' bit too religious for me.
                    Species are not created by any single god-like entity, but by the interaction over time by living creatures with their environment. So if anything is devine, it is the whole Earth (but you do think that anyway, I think.. ).
                    I've pointed out before some of my qualms with much of organized 'religion'...

I suppose the 'god-like entity' are the key words...

I AM somewhat biased towards some species--that's natural (like your a loyalty to your kind, or those closest to you--humans and close species). I obviously would save the life of a chimp before that of an orchid. I know the importance of 'species' in general (I work to protect biodiversity, in general) but I ALSO have a deep love all of the individuals that make up some particular species--like I said before--the great apes (including humans), whales, dolphins, elephants, ... most 'high' animal life...
                    Last edited by Anahita; 06-14-2006, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I AM somewhat biased towards some species--that's natural (like your a loyalty to your kind, or those closest to you--humans and close species). I obviously would save the life of a chimp before that of an orchid.
                      I am somewhat biased towards cats, (and females who are a bit kitty-like).
                      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                      X