Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The best game, ever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The best game, ever...

Originally posted by loseyourname
    Is there anyway you could state a thesis or some form of ground rules for the game if you want to play?
    I think we're already playing, whether we want to or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Quarteria
      I think we're already playing, whether we want to or not.

True, everyone is ‘playing’ even if they don’t know that. Some people here are even ‘calling.’ The ‘game’ (with purpose) evolves based on lots of things, including you guys.

"You win, it's your show now.
      So what's it gonna be?
      Cause people will tune in..

Where'd all the good people go
      I've been changing channels
      I don't see them on the t.v. shows
      Where'd all the good people go
      We got heaps and heaps of what we sow."
      —Jack Johnson

I agree with lots of what he sings. Even for people who see the connection with TV stuff, I wouldn’t want people to blindly follow that—or anything, for that matter. Much of TV is mostly mindless crap, in my opinion. If I say anything about TV, it is because there is something relevant, and likely funny, to be seen there.

Comment

"I'm leavin' Las Vegas. Leaving for good..." Sheryl Crow.

If I knew what that really meant, I might really do that....

On Elvis... and Vegas (plus all that on the game thread)

Elvis does REALLY drive me crazy, though (Tom Petty, Freefallin)
        She's a good girl. loves jesus and america, too....She's crazy about Elvis."

Are those connected?
        ---------

Andy are you goofin on "ELVIS" --REM

I think I am goofin on Elvis, if anyone is goofin--not Andy?

"Now Andy did you hear about this one?
        Tell me, are you locked in the punch?
        Andy are you goofin' on Elvis (hey, baby)
        Are we losing touch?
        Full and accurate LYRICS for "Man On The Moon" from "R.E.M.": Mott the Hoople and the game of Life, Yeah yeah yeah yeah, Andy Kaufman in the wrestling ...

(Man on the Moon--REM)

I said on Ankap, "I miss my friend Andy" (MY real friend who had been gone for a long time... too.. right after I POSTED THAT, HE RETURNED TO MADISON, too!

... Anonymouse, you joked that you hoped he got eaten by tigers. I posted the love tiger thing on Ankap.... I am happy to report that he was not eaten by tigers!

Codeword Elvis, Sting.

"I love action movies
        I love racing sports
        But my hero is Elvis

He's really my god
        Do you like my hero?
        Do you like rock n' roll?
        Maybe sometimes feel lonely
        Don't have a job
        Please let me know

My codeword is great
        Post Box Elvis
        Five seven nine three eight
        Post Box Elvis
        Five seven nine three eight...
        Post Box Elvis
        Five
        Seven
        Nine
        Three
        Eight...

I am 20 years old
        At the moment, no job
        But my hero is Elvis
        He's really my god"
        ----
        What if ELVIS if/is CODE BY GOD... for GOD--or at least one of the lesser ones? (I say this for those who didn't get the hints... not to offend those who knew.)

REM --Man on the MOON
        Full and accurate LYRICS for "Man On The Moon" from "R.E.M.": Mott the Hoople and the game of Life, Yeah yeah yeah yeah, Andy Kaufman in the wrestling ...

All I know is that codeword (spiritual) "Elvis" said we are one body... and I can hardly stand anymore of what "Elvis" does to my body, really.
        Last edited by Anahita; 06-16-2006, 10:07 PM.

Comment

I am wondering if anyone here has been convinced beyond a reasonable DOUBT about some of what I've said (also depends on what you've read). That doesn't mean you believe in something specific, but that you believe something more is happening with music lyrics, etc.

If you answer feel that you believe yes, you need (for good) to explain why and defend why (private message is fine), where and why again... I don't want to say more than that, right now. If that is the case, please do SAY so. This is not an EGO thing...

[and I SWEAR that I am living far far below the US poverty line, and I have been for more than a decade.]

IRONY. We all can be living like those in 1800's within a month. I like poverty now, more than then... but I know both. I suppose I can deal with both... I'd rather never live in poverty and never want the bling, too. [hard when some live bling-lifestyles, though.]

There is a logical bling thought process... I BEG to show the flaws in that.

Paul Simon, FATHER AND DAUGHTER, is playing on MMM. *where I shouldn't worry about the marketplace, only the human race.

Does ANYBODY HEAR! (playing MMM now... please read, at least!)

Last edited by Anahita; 06-19-2006, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anahita
            I am wondering if anyone here has been convinced beyond a reasonable DOUBT about some of what I've said (also depends on what you've read). That doesn't mean you believe in something specific, but that you believe something more is happening with music lyrics, etc.
            Really Anahita, I have no time for esoteric threads and postings that deliberately don't ever get to the point or make their message clear. And I don't want to have the time.

Ironically - your 'Armenians and Turks SUCK' thread had the potentual to be far more valuable. Unfortunately the increasingly arrogant Anonymouse stopped that thread. It's maybe time for the real moderators to lay down some mouse traps.
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
            X