Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Do you look Armenian???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you look Armenian???

I was always curious to know if all the Armenians look like Armenians (i.e. dark hair, fair skin, and the nose that I can't describe, but everyone in my family has it and it's said to be typical of Armenians)...I, for example, don't look Armenian not even a bit, and because of that kids in my school made a LOT of fun...and when I tell ppl I'm half Armenian, they don't believe it...so anyone else in the same situation?

Actually, now that I come to think of, I only know one Armenian that doesn't look Armenian because her dad was blond and she turned out to be like him...

Re: Do you look Armenian???

Got the dark hair (now coloured black) brown eyes, olive skin, I mostly get told I look South American.

Comment

There's a pic of me in the picture thread in the "Intro" folder. I don't look ANYTHING Armenian! ...save maybe my eyes. I had a friend once say that she knew by my eyes I wasn't 100% European. When I go to my Great Grandma's AA church, everybody is surprised to know that I am my Great Grandma's Great Granddaughter & they are all very polite when they ask me questions that are all nice ways of saying, "You don't look Armenian." I have brown hair, blue or green eyes (sometimes hazel, even), not an Armenian nose, and pale English & Norwegian pigmented skin. I do not tan well, I cannot go into the sun long.

Here's something, as when I went to Armenia, I noticed a variety of heights, what would you say Armenians are, typically, short or tall? I couldn't pinpoint it down.

Comment

Interesting...I'm pretty much like you Quarteria...pink skin, can't sunbathe (have been hospitalized because of sun burn 4 times), red hair, green eyes and I guess I'm tall, 5 11...not your typical armenian girl....

Comment

Armenians are generally shorter aren't they?? I don't know I'm short so I'd like to think that im not the only shorty in town hahahaha

Comment

I don't understand the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Anahita
              What part of the question don't you understand Anahita? If you're not Armenian, obviously the question doesn't apply to you...

PS: So you have no Armenian ancestors? (this has nothing to do with the fact you're a member of the forum...I'm just curious)

Comment

I think I look Armenian enough.
                That nose, those eyebrows...

Comment

Originally posted by JenMinassian
                  What part of the question don't you understand Anahita? If you're not Armenian, obviously the question doesn't apply to you...

PS: So you have no Armenian ancestors? (this has nothing to do with the fact you're a member of the forum...I'm just curious)
                  Ignore her. She's a troll. Ignore her; don't let her bother you. You explained the question as to what you mean, she just wants to be difficult to up her posts/gain attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Quarteria
                    Ignore her. She's a troll. Ignore her; don't let her bother you. You explained the question as to what you mean, she just wants to be difficult to up her posts/gain attention.
                    You aren't very observant, hun. *though you claim to be for JESUS

In the beginning... (and in the beginning on Armenianclub)
                    Last edited by Anahita; 07-04-2006, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X