Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Forgive or plot revenge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My parents are divorced, going on 13 years now. He never payed child support, etc. Around 7 years ago he decides to try to be a "father" again. By taking us out to dinner and a movie. Blah blah, it goes on for a while, then he suddenly starts running out of time to do things.
    So one day I say to him "Don't ever call, or show up at our house again."
    T
    hat was 6.5 years ago, haven't seen him since. If I find out where he is, I'll beat him into a bloody mess.

Your opinions may vary.

Emil

Comment

all i have to say is history repeats itself...why 4give him? what guarantees do u have that it wouldn't happen again? none, but if u really must only take the chance if u know u can handle going through the same pain all over again, just in case. if a person had the capabilities to walk out once...he will not find it difficult to do it again.

yes the Ten Commandments does say "Honor thy father and thy mother" but what if they are the ones who cause pain & anguish...when do these so called commandments that r supposed to be obeyed stop being valid? u must also think of ur well being, these commandments were written in the past for a different time, but as all things they may also need to be amended in present time.

Comment

Seriously....just chill. I have never been in this situation, but I have been in a situation dealing with emotions of this magnitude. I also am the same way with forgiving people. It is a pride thing. At least that is how it is for me. Forgiving people seems weak. But at the same time, it is what must be done sometimes. As for you, realize why you are the way you are. If not forgiving the guy seems to have more benefits than forgviing him, then stick with that.

Comment

Although I think that pride may have a lot to do with it, I think it mainly comes down to a matter of morals and doing what is right for u, or what you believe in. it sums down to the saying

“u tech others how to treat u”

for ex. if u let him walk out once the chances of that person walking out & hurting you has a greater chance of happening again. 4giving is not necessarily weak, because we are after all humans and make mistakes, but it is important to remember that if u are going to forgive….never 4get.

Comment

Working...
          X