Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Shooting at Dawson College in Montreal (Canada)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shooting at Dawson College in Montreal (Canada)

Originally posted by TigranJamharian
    so it is society's fault that this guy decided to go and shoot people?!
    a lot of kids take abuse in school, very few of them go and start killing helpless girls. what would you want normal kids to do with someone like this anyway, he is the one that has isolated himself from society because he is a weak minded individual and would rather sit in his room by himself then try to maintain or create normal human bonds and interactions. we werent meant to sit in a dark room drinking and playing video games by ourselves and all the while letting those thoughts of hate for people we dont like fester. screw this kid, and where the hell were his parents?
    im not blaming only on society,i said society plays a big role.his parents are very normal people,so i dont think its right to blame his parents for his deviant actions.a lot of kids get bullied at school during their childhood and this can lead them to commit suicide or even take their anger on innocent kids by shooting them..who knows whats going on in their mind.so yes i do think if people were more carefull in how they treat other individuals,we can avoid a lot of deviant acts.ppl shouldnt be judged by their style or the type of music they listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mireille
      im not blaming only on society,i said society plays a big role.his parents are very normal people,so i dont think its right to blame his parents for his deviant actions.a lot of kids get bullied at school during their childhood and this can lead them to commit suicide or even take their anger on innocent kids by shooting them..who knows whats going on in their mind.so yes i do think if people were more carefull in how they treat other individuals,we can avoid a lot of deviant acts.ppl shouldnt be judged by their style or the type of music they listen.
      If his parents were normal people they wouldnt let their idiot son keep a rifle at home and would have become alarmed at one point or another before this happened and done something about it.
      A lot of kids DO NOT commit suicide or kill innocent people, a lot of them deal with it. Where do you get this information?
      Judging people by their preferences and their actions is only natural, how can you tell people not to judge others by their style or their preference in music. If I see some kid walking around in a leather trenchcoat blasting some retarded death metal on his headphones im going to assume hes a bit of a weirdo and has some issues. I wouldnt associate with people like that just because i would have nothing in common and judging them would only be natural.

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian
        If his parents were normal people they wouldnt let their idiot son keep a rifle at home and would have become alarmed at one point or another before this happened and done something about it.
        A lot of kids DO NOT commit suicide or kill innocent people, a lot of them deal with it. Where do you get this information?
        Judging people by their preferences and their actions is only natural, how can you tell people not to judge others by their style or their preference in music. If I see some kid walking around in a leather trenchcoat blasting some retarded death metal on his headphones im going to assume hes a bit of a weirdo and has some issues. I wouldnt associate with people like that just because i would have nothing in common and judging them would only be natural.
        who are we to judge others?thats the type of music some ppl like.it might be weird to u,but thats what they like.they like metal stuff and some of us like rap music.each to their own.theres a few "punks" in my school and they dress in a very different way then 98% of the students,and let me tell u they are the nicest ppl u can ever meet.they are very smart people,they often have different point of views on matters but that doesnt mean they are weirdos because they are dressed in different clothes or listen to something u dont find normal.there was another shooting here in montreal several years ago, and the guy hated all girls because of personal reasons,so he went to a school and shot 14 females.This guy was a "reject" in high school.He didnt have a lot of friends.WHY?because ppl like you judge these kids cuz of their looks and make fun of them and dont wanna be friends with them,cuz u think they are weirdos!and then one day they get fed up and take it out on innocent ppl.just like Gill!
        PS:read carefully what im saying.first i didnt say im blaming society for this whole thing i said society plays a role...and now ur saying i give bogus information..i never said kids who are bullied around in their childhood commit suicide...i said IT CAN LEAD them to do so!!!
        Last edited by Mireille; 09-15-2006, 06:09 PM.

Comment

An article in the Globe and Mail yesterday blamed Quebec's racism for the three school shootings that have occured here over the past 20 or so years.
          The first killer was Algerian, the second Russian, and the third Indian.

Just when I thought that the Globe and Mail couldn't get any dumber...

Then they wonder why Quebec wants to separate.

Comment

Well the "Algerian" (he was actually half French-Canadian) just had something against feminists.

Comment

And Fabrikant, the Russian, had something against fellow profs who he accused of exploiting their students..

And Gill, the Indian, seems to have other types of issues.
              There has been no mention of racism in any of the journals, statements, letters left by any of those men..

Stupid Globe and Mail..

Comment

everyones been watching news for the past week here in montreal.There is actually a 116 pages long thread in a montreal forum and no one mentionned anything about racism, nor was it mentioned in any canadian news channel or newspaper.i dont know where this bogus information came out from!the guy was shooting randomly!i dont know how this can be related to racism.Globe and mail is full of xxxx!

Comment

Mireille, do you go to Dawson?

Comment

no im at Concordia University.My cousin along with a few other ppl that i know go to Dawson.My cousin was even interviewed and they showed her from the news channel.Monday morning,there was a memorial set up at Dawson and they opened the school doors at 12:41,the exact time that the shooting happened.students had a pink rubbon on them and some of them were even wearing something pink.They have come up with a way to make it through their difficult first moments together.With classes retaking on tuesday,most of the classes were half empty.Most of the teacher had discussions about this whole event and whoever was not in class were gonna get a call from their teacher to see if everything was ok with them.the school has all kinds of counselling,pscyhologist and ppl to help the students who witness this tragedy.All the areas and walls with holes were repainted and theres no trace of anything.A week passed and seems like a lot of students are still not over this thing.All my prayers go to the Desousa family.Dawson students who went to school on tuesday are bravier than anyone else.Congrats on taking your school back.Time to prove to the world how strong you really are.

Comment

Working...
                    X