Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Better late than never?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Better late than never?

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
    It is sad but you are not an exception... Yes, Iran is an Islamic country, however that does not mean that minorities are being oppressed and despite its name, the people, generally speaking are not hardcore Muslums. As said earlier, Iranians have the highest opinion of Armenians and Armenians are amongst the most productive, and respected citizens of Iran.

It is practiced but not widely. Since it is directly related to the religion Islam and their prophet, so naturally it is only being practiced by Muslums and it's more common within the rich social stratas for some clear reason.
    Apparently it is not specefic to Iran as there are some sects in the US who do the same?
    Yes, by Mormons in some cases. I am just curious, not at all judgmental as I believe that polygamy actual makes some sense to me.

Who cares? But in my opinion it was a huge success for him; he got what he exactly wanted; popularity that is. People in some Arab nations swear by his name (there are even products named after Ahmadinejad), it also had a tremendous effect on his image inside the country, as I can see...
    So it was not smart of you to treat him like that...
    Please do not include me in that "you". I couldn't be more ashamed or angered by the ignorance and hatred that was displayed upon Ahmadinejad. It only served to show what little, shallow people they (arg, okay "we") have become.

Comment

Say what you want, but these rednecks kick ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandchild View Post
        Yes, I agree. And I wouldn't know which nationality to blame if I tried to. I know I'm 25% armenian but the rest is pure heinz57 (ie mutt)
        In a sense, you are genetically more Armenian than anything else.

Also, your political views I noticed have more to do with your dislike of your American environment than it has to do with politics, per say.

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
        LOL, I would be repulsed, if it was otherwise.
        Եթէ չունենաիր կ'զզվէի...
        You girls have finally made me proud of my body hair. Now every time I take my shirt off in public and scare people I will remember you both.
        Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
          In a sense, you are genetically more Armenian than anything else.

Also, your political views I noticed have more to do with your dislike of your American environment than it has to do with politics, per say.
          Well it does have to do with politics in that it is a huge disappointment that our politics make us hypocrites to our supposed ideals and values, and disappointment socially/environmentally because so many have become ignorant sheeple which pretty much guarantees nothing will change.

You girls have finally made me proud of my body hair. Now every time I take my shirt off in public and scare people I will remember you both.
          So does this mean you are canceling your appointment for a full body hair removal wax? Great!!! We need more real men.

Comment

Well it does have to do with politics in that it is a huge disappointment that our politics make us hypocrites to our supposed ideals and values, and disappointment socially/environmentally because so many have become ignorant sheeple which pretty much guarantees nothing will change.
            Yes, but in politics there is no such thing as ethics, democracy or justice. Terms and catchy phrases such as democracy, freedom, justice, ect, are only used as propaganda and a means to placate the public. In reality, however, what "American values" have there been anyway? Freedom? People have fought for freedom for thousands of years. Democracy? America is a democracy only in name. Heck had there been a democracy the border with Mexico would have been shut down a long time ago and US troops in Iraq would have been home now as well. Had there been a democracy America would not have entered the Second World War nor would it have entered the First World War.

And what is the America way? Is it eating hot dogs and watching American idol on the television? Is it chewing on pork rinds and watching NASCAR racing? Or is it going on shopping frenzies and getting into tens of thousands of dollars in debt? The aura of "Americanism" has only existed in a economically/politically stable America, a complacent nation full of natural resources without external or internal threats isolated from the problems of the world by oceans.

Americans have not had a war in the country in over one hundred years. Americans have not had external threat to the country in over two hundred years. The American standard of living has been stable for many decades. And American inventions such as Hollywood, junk food and MTV have carried the American way of life worldwide. And the aforementioned has in essence created this superficial 'facade' known today as the American "ideal." Nevertheless, the United Stets has been the envy of the world. But whatever it was that we considered unique or exemplary about the American way of life is fast crumbling today. And I don't not see a recovery for it either. The aliment, or fragility, of American society today was clearly seen two years ago when hurricane Katrina hit. The result chaos and social disorder that occurred within all levels of society in the aftermath of the storm is essentially a glimpse into what will eventually occur in this country from coast to coast.

Massive empires have never been defeated they have always imploded.

Nonetheless, the glory days of the United States is already behind us. What we have to look forward to is a world that hates and fears the United States, a world that is being turned upside down due to the White Trash and bloodthirsty Zionists that essentially run this country. And let's not forget a national debt worth well over fifty trillion Dollars, and growing, that will not ever be paid-off and one that may actually trigger the collapse of the nation eventually.

So does this mean you are canceling your appointment for a full body hair removal wax?
            Ouch! That must hurt.
            Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

I believe that polygamy actual makes some sense to me.

Ah, Iranian men can't get enough of women. But how does it make sense to you?

And if there's anything that I don't like about this country, it would be some aspects of their culture and lifestyle which have been tainted with Islam. What has made their rich culture look obscure and pretty fake, in my opinion.
              Last edited by Lucin; 10-15-2007, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X