Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

greetings from turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greetings from turkey

hi all,
    i'm a student in Ankara. I stumbled upon this forum while I was searching for armenians to communicate, because it is obvious that the problems between these two nations will be solved by communication, not hostility.
    so i hope i'm welcome here.

Re: greetings from turkey

yes you're right, there are many discriminative policies in Turkey. Not only against Armenians, also Greeks, xxxs, Kurds and Alevi Turks suffer from discrimination. The government's aim is to oppress them, as Turkey gets more democratic, all the nations of anatolia will live freely. But we have another task to do: to be empathic, to understand each other. if armenians and turks can do it, no government can tear us apart again. This is what Hrant Dink said. i guess you know this interview, but i give the link anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asp9l...eature=related
    are you still in turkey, by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by satyagraha View Post
      ... because it is obvious that the problems between these two nations will be solved by communication, not hostility.
      The problem between the two nations will start to be solved by the truth. There has been faaaaaaaaar too much "communication" but that is useless when one side is completely deaf and dumb.
      this post = teh win.

Comment

what can I say Zayravast, you're right. But i couldn't understand what you say about the today's conspiracy. if you mean some people who has the media betrays their nation, yeah you're still right

sip,

i don't agree with that there has been faaaaar too much communication. There is even no communication between ordinary people like you and me. And you cannot know if we are deaf or dumb without making effort. Yeah turkish people are being deceieved by its government about armenian-related issues, like armenian people are being misled about turks. without the influence of the propaganda of the states, we should initiate our own communication. first, our nations should solve their problems; then the governments will.

Comment

And you cannot know if we are deaf or dumb without making effort.
          Ok I'll play your game. What do you think happened around 1915 between Armenians and Turks?
          this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
            The problem between the two nations will start to be solved by the truth. There has been faaaaaaaaar too much "communication" but that is useless when one side is completely deaf and dumb.
            I agree with Sip if the truth is spoken then it will be solved but other than that communication betweeen the 2 is not going to do anything.
            Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

hello hello

its like peace is in the middle east turkey and armenia will never get along not in my life time anyway

Comment

...so i hope i'm welcome here.
                Nahh, you are not welcome here.

Comment

Originally posted by ZAYRAVAST
                  what is the problem you guys!!! to understand each other you need to communicate at a level of understanding mutually ...not opposing the opponentdo ...there is no way to win without debating or showing your ability for it...
                  thanks, zayravast. yeah, if one believes that he is the right side, he has to have the courage to tell the truth. so if you believe, for instance, that you have rights on the eastern anatolia ("western armenia" as you call), you can convince me if you are really right. i am not as dumb as you expect, be sure.

Originally posted by Sip View Post
                  Ok I'll play your game. What do you think happened around 1915 between Armenians and Turks?
                  this is not a good question, i think. but if you will relax if i express my thoughts, i believe a genocide happened. i truly believe that. but this is not the point. suppose i am an ordinary turkish citizen who believes that it was not a genocide? What would change? incidents of 1915 should not be the focus of our communication. we turks and armenians don't know each other yet. and you cannot talk about serious issues with someone who barely know. we should improve our communication, and the questions between our nations can be discussed, then.

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
                  I agree with Sip if the truth is spoken then it will be solved but other than that communication betweeen the 2 is not going to do anything.
                  so who will speak the truth? Armenians speak their own truth between each other, so do the Turks. And nothing has changed since 1915. Just some countries recognized the genocide and some didn't. but i repeat, nothing has changed. we two nations will change the situation, we're going to solve this question. Of course, these are my thoughts.

Comment

hi all,
                    i'm a student in Ankara. I stumbled upon this forum while I was searching for armenians to communicate, because it is obvious that the problems between these two nations will be solved by communication, not hostility.
                    so i hope i'm welcome here.
                    Welcome to the forum! It is important that Armenians, Turks, Kurds, Azeris, Greeks, Assyrians, Laz etc etc talk to one another. Because of the Ottoman empire we have so much in common. So I totally agree, more discussion, communication, understanding, friendship!

Comment

Working...
                    X