Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iran/Hayastan Friendship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iran/Hayastan Friendship

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    I hope you are sarcastic
    Yes. I am.

Comment

I am beyond happy at this news! Very great to hear and hope this will continue. Long live Armenia and Iran.
      --------------------------------------------------------
      Thousands From Iran Celebrate Novruz In Armenia

Armenian Public Radio reports that close to 20,000 vacationers from neighboring Iran have traveled to Armenia to celebrate Novruz, the Iranian New Year in Armenia due to liberties, affordability and warm weather.

The residents of the capital of Armenia Yerevan see many more tourists from Iran during this time of the year than they normally do. The reason is that many Iranians have chosen Yerevan to celebrate Novruz.

Celebrated on the first day of Spring, Novruz is the favorite holiday maintaining a strong tradition in Azerbaijan, Iran, Afghanistan, Turkey and in central Asia. At its core, the Novruz festival celebrates the awakening of the natural life. This awakening symbolizes the triumph of good, winning against the evil forces of darkness that are represented by the Winter. Novruz is the point when the oppressive presence of the cold Winter finally begins to retrieve with the commencement of the lively and hopeful Spring. This symbolic and poetic change corresponds to the mathematical instance of the sun leaving the zodiac of Pisces and entering the zodiacal sign of Aries, also known as the Spring Equinox.

The young people from Iran travel to Armenia with large groups to be able to celebrate Novruz while they can attend Yerevan's numerous nightclubs and can drink in public. Whereas in Iran you can only drink inside your house and there is no such a thing as public drinking.

The reporter of the Armenia radio interviewed a young lady who is staying in front of Yerevan hotel saying "look I can have my beer here and don't have to carry a scarf, which is an obligation in Iran."

As Armenia has become the touristic Mecca in the region due to its rich culture, public liberties, warm weather and affordability the Armenian and Iranian companies had to make charter flight and bus tours to Armenia to accomodate the travel needs of about 20,000 Iranians.

"We went to night clubs, danced and were able to have good time with our friends. Yerevan is near to Iran, full of good people and provides good opportunities for fun and celebration," says 25 years old Amir from Iran while shopping in Yerevan and who thinks the traditions are too strict in his country Iran.

Tourism, established as one of the priorities of the national economy, has been steadily growing in Armenia. Last year the Armenian government had created an action plan for the development of the travel industry in the country. The plan provides for the development of infrastructure and transport, road construction, training of personnel, development of business environment, development of tourism in Armenia’s communities.

It is estimated that an average vacationer spends $1000 U.S. dollars in Armenia per week, which includes most of the expenses, including hotel and meal. Therefore, 20,000 Iranian tourists leaving $20 Million dollars in the Armenian economy is a good investment in the country of 3.5 million people.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

The Mullahs will never try to stop the Iranians, it has been going on for many years and it works to their advantage in the sense of “let them get it out of their system somewhere else”

I am glad that the Armenia government has decided to seriously invest in this industry. We need to start thinking outside the box. There are many ways to enrich Armenia and we don’t need to depend on or cede anything to anybody. We have a rich culture, great art, music and the tenacity and cunning of a fox that we can use and we must reach people in todays globalize world. We are a Democratic ancient Christian country safe to travel. We are the underdogs facing great challenges………..people in general like to support that but we need the get the message out “Hollywood style”.

Sig, I agree. Iran is traditionally pro Armenian and most Persians are good people and friends to Armenians. I remember we would invite them for Christmas and New Year and they would invite us for their celebrations…….but even Mullahs have shown their age old tolerance with us so a Shiite uprising (a Jihad of sort) aimed at Armenia is the last thing on my list.

Irania dameshoon garm.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Delam fa'ghat toro mikad!

Comment

Say what?
            Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
              Say what?
              For me to know and you to find out.

Comment

Okay LOL.
                Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

For once, I thought PepsiAddict had something useful to say on the forum when I saw he had posted in this thread. I, overjoyed, clicked on the thread and then I saw this:
                  Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
                  Okay LOL.
                  Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

^ Oink Oink Federate.

Was that useful?

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                      For once, I thought PepsiAddict had something useful to say on the forum when I saw he had posted in this thread. I, overjoyed, clicked on the thread and then I saw this:
                      Haha, agreed.

Comment

Working...
                      X