Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

ComfortablyHye at the vanguard of modernity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ComfortablyHye at the vanguard of modernity

The past is impossible to erase as long as inquisitive minds seek the truth. Armenians can be assured that the Turk suffers the shame of his role as a modern replica of prehistoric man, enacting the ungoverned conduct of a forager-hunter in an era of diplomacy and fledgling international norms. It may be natural for the generation immediately affected by the holocaust and their children to obsess. But succeeding generations should, besides those who choose history as their calling, seek to place themselves at the vanguard of the cutting edge fields in the new millenium and be positioned as the most indispensible class.

Likely due to the selective pressures on a population pressed to find adaptive expedients to endure persecution, Armenians, like European J e w s, wield disproportionate intellectual prowess. We are naturally inquisitive and take to decrypting and exposing attempts to shelter the truth. I know few people more committed than some Armenian confidantes to getting to the heart of vital concerns in matters of the highest concern. My username in most fora is SecularIce. I bent it here, and tried to get ComfortablyHye, but was limited in number of characters. I use the "Secular" nick to express my committment to all progressive causes and "Ice" as a caveat to parochial forces such as would let some uninformed regard for frozen embryoes impede the breathtaking remedial and therapeutic promise of stem cell research. It irks me that a so-called "Christian" president, wilfully ignorant of science to the point that he denounces the father of evolution as "Mr. JAMES Darwin" has the authority to impede such a vital research imperative.

Hi. My real name's Haig Shekerdemian. I've gone by Ric Demian since enterring (and leaving) the legal profession, and I'm proud to belong to smartest and toughest people extant. Let's use the superior savvy and drive our ancestor's evolved in adapting to life among hunter-foragers, and place ourselves at the helm of modernity and the vanguard of the post-Enlightenment.
    Last edited by SecularHye; 08-27-2006, 07:30 PM.

Re: ComfortablyHye at the vanguard of modernity

I like ice-cream.

Comment

Hi and welcome

hmmmm chocolate chip ice cream............... yum yum

Comment

nice one Haig, but your intellect may be better spent not on this forum

Comment

Well, Samurai, that's a very nice compliment and "shud shenoragallem"(?). But I have my strengths and others have theirs. If I can rally other talented Armenians to tap their talents in bringing our brethren to the forefront of arenas that I believe count and hold the keys to influence in the "brave new world", why not bang out a few paragraphs and edit out the pomposity after as best I can. Save for reciting some pro forma facts about my people when asked by "white people", I've done little for the Armenian cause. I have a take on "Armenian Question" most brethren depart fromand believe that Armenian parents do their children and the race a disservice by making a religion of the holocaust. I think our post-holocaust performance in the diaspora bears out that our kind, like European J E W R Y, possesses high degree of intellectual prowess and bussiness acumen. Let us exploit our gifts to poise ourselves at the vanguard of whatever fields endow their masters with advance notice to exploit foreknowledge and a hard-earned enriched gene pool that lends the appearance of "luck of the Irish", who most closely rank with us in spirit and life force, that some think we share commom descent.

The best, I say only enduring, remedy for pangs of past injury is to show the beast he only fueled the quarry to primacy on the stage of history.
          Last edited by SecularHye; 08-27-2006, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Welcome dude, I was just being silly. I do like ice-cream though and I heard somewhere that Crissy, don't know if you know her, likes chocolate chip ice-cream.

Comment

Working...
            X