Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Parev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parev

Parev friends,

I should have introduced myself earlier. I am from Turkey. I live in Istanbul. My mother's grandfather is a native of Bayburt(Baberd), her grandmother is from Daghestan, other grandfather is from Albania and other grandmother is a Syrian Arab. My father's grandfather is from Shumen, Bulgaria(might be a Jevish convert), grandmother is from Florina, Greece. Other grandfather and grandmother are from Nigde. As you see I am like a mud.

I adopted the name Vagharshapat because it sounded good, but I didnt know it was the name of a city. Maybe I should change it to Vagharshak. I am interested in Armenian names, because I love how they sound. I write down the ones which sound good to me. My favourite names start with a V; Vartan, Vahan, Vasak, Vartkes, Vazgen, Viken, Vardapet, Vagharsh, Varderes, Varoujan, etc . I have always felt an affinity to Armenians my whole life. Because in Turkey Armenians were regarded as one mystic nation or as aliens. They were among us. But there was something about them, there was a bitter thing. They mentioned Armenians with a disgust. It drew my attention. And I started researching. The more I searched, the more I admired them. I read many books about them, I read about their daily lives in Ottoman Empire by Hagop Mintzuri, about how peaceful, how hardworking, how talented, how funny people they were. I respected their culture. And these people had been erased from their homelands. I saw the Truth about them and my country. It changed my whole point of view. I became always thinking about this genocide, it became like an obsession for me, I was seeing it in my dreams. My thoughts became very radical. My thoughts were rejected by many people and I became a lonely person. Now I was defending Western Armenia to be restored, all the Armenians to return to their homelands. Also I was defending a Kurdistan to be founded and Pontos culture to be revived. Because these were the original cultures of these lands. And all my life I tried to serve the Truth and Justice.

In fact, instead of being a member of a warrior and supressing nation, I would prefer to be a member of a persecuted nation. After I read the poem of Paruyr Sevak my respect increased even more. Let me quote this poem;

We are few but we are called Armenians
    We do not put ourselves above anyone
    Simply we also admit that we, only we have Mount Ararat
    And that it is right here on the clear Sevan
    that the sky could make its exact duplicate
    Simply David has indeed fought right here
    Simply the Narek was written right here
    Simply we know how to build from the rock, a monastery
    How to make fish from stone, how to make man from clay
    To learn to become the student of the beautiful,
    the kind, the noble, and the good

We are few, but we are called Armenians
    We do not put ourselves above anyone
    Simply our fortune has just been so different
    Simply we have just shed too much blood
    Simply in our lives of centuries long
    When we were many and when we were strong
    Even then we did not oppress any nation
    See, centuries have come and centuries have passed
    Yet over no one have we become tyrants
    If we have enslaved, only with our eyes
    And if we have ruled, only with our books
    If we have prevailed, only with our talents
    And if we have ever oppressed,
    it has only been with our wounds

Simply with us death had fallen in love
    Yet we willingly did not give ourselves
    And when we were forced to leave our own land
    Where ever we reached, where ever we went
    Everywhere we left indelible trace
    We have joined efforts for everyone, always
    We plowed everywhere, we built bridges, we tied arches
    We plowed everywhere and we brought forth crops
    We gave everyone mind, proverbs, and songs
    Another words we defended them from spiritual coldness
    Every where we left our eyes reflection
    A peace of our soul and a sacrament from the heart itself

We are few, truly, but we are Armenians
    And by being few we do not succumb
    Because it is better to be few in life, then to control life by being many
    Because it is better rather to be few, then to be masters by being many
    Because it is better to be few, then to be swindlers
    We are few, yes, but we are Armenians
    And we know how to sigh from yet unhealed wounds
    But with a new juice we rejoice and we cheer
    We know how to thrust into the foe's side

If I was an Armenian, I would be proud....

Re: Parev

barev & welcome

Vagharshapat, how's Mesrop Mashtots?

Comment

He is resting in peace

Comment

I visited his grave about a month ago. Next spring, when I go back I will send him your regards, if you wish.

PS: I really enjoy your posts.

Comment

Sure, Մեսրոպ Մաշտոց was a great man. May God rest his soul. I learned that he was born in Taron. I think today's Taron is Mush. Have you ever thought of visiting there or your homelands?

Comment

Hi,my name is Artashes and I'm a member. I just read your intro and wanted to thank you for the thoughtful and truthful words you spoke about my family. Also thanks for the poem. Welcome from / Artashes

Comment

I would also like to give you (an honest seeker of the truth) a saying from an old Greek man by the name of ( Diogenes) : It is better to be the oppressed than the oppressor. Again I would like to thank you for understanding and compasionitte words /Artashes

Comment

That's quite heavy and beautiful. It takes massive courage to stand against the vast majority in order to speak out and enforce your own ideals and views. Hats off to you.

Comment

Working...
                X