Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

homage to my muses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homage to my muses

Thursday, July 24, 2008
    VARIATIONS ON FAMILIAR THEMES
    If you have a choice
    between fighting a sumo wrestler
    and a motor-mouth wench,
    choose the fat Jap.
    The difference between a garden-variety idiot
    and an Armenian idiot is that
    the Armenian will think of himself as a genius.
    Of how many brainwashed dupes one could say,
    he may shave and wear pants
    but his brain is still in diapers.
    If you are for honesty,
    crooks will unite against you.
    If you are for free speech,
    commissars will gang up on you.
    If you are for democracy,
    fascists will verbally massacre you.
    It has been my misfortune
    to have riffraff as critics.
    If no one wants you dead,
    you can't be a writer.
    A brown-noser, yes.
    A writer, no!
    Nothing can be as repellent
    as the rottenness of a mediocrity
    or the self-satisfaction of a total ignoramus
    who parades as an expert on any given subject
    and becomes so vulgar and aggressive when contradicted
    that no one wants to tangle with him –
    a fact which he invariably misinterprets as a victory.
    #

Friday, July 25, 2008
    HOMAGE TO MY MUSES
    Ever since some years ago I called one of my not-so-gentle readers an “inbred moron,” he has done his utmost to prove me right. More recently the same thing happened when I called two of my less-than-gentle readers a “fishwife” and a “garbage-mouth scumbag” respectively.

After reading that Charents had committed suicide by banging his head against the wall of his Yerevan jail, a reader suggests that I do the same – that is, bang my head against a wall until I am dead. I have every reason to suspect that if this reader were to bang his head against a cement wall, he would pulverize the wall long before he manages to do any discernible damage to his skull. Perhaps there lies the secret of our survival -- not inner strength, versatility, and cunning (as we have been brainwashed to believe) but an indestructible skull.
    Judging by their concentrated venom, some readers hate me so much that all I have to do to get even with them is to stay alive.
    One of the advantages of being an Armenian writer is the knowledge that all it takes to acquire a mortal enemy, a faithful reader, and an endless source of inspiration (all three for the price of one) is to come up with the right word at the right time and place.
    Some poets are inspired by noble sentiments or heroic deeds, others by picturesque landscapes or sunsets or the eternal snows of Mount Ararat, still others by a lovely face. All I need is an ugly Armenian and I don't even have to look for them. They come to me gift-wrapped and free of charge. I can truly say therefore that when it comes to muses, my cup runneth over niagarally.
    #
    Saturday, July 26, 2008
    ALL IN A DAY'S WORK
    The struggle between truth-seekers and liars is as old as mankind, and if it ever comes to an end, you can be sure of one thing: it won't be in our lifetime.
    A headline in our Op-Ed page today reads: “Junk science tactics are designed to confuse the public and the policy-makers.”
    Kings are beheaded, presidents assassinated, generals killed, chief executive officers are exposed as crooks, writers are silenced, rejected, betrayed, starved, sometimes even butchered or shot by commissars and their many pseudo- and neo-successors. It's all in a day's work. It comes with the territory. It is an integral part of the human condition. A routine occurrence in the history of mankind.
    I like to say that some of my worst detractors who write anonymously are either bishops or sons of bishops because when I wrote for the weeklies, one of the nastiest letters to the editor against me was written by the secretary of a bishop – probably dictated by him.
    “To write as you do, you must have some big balls!” a reader tells me. No. Not really. As a matter of fact, whenever I visit my dentist, I remind him of the fact that I happen to be an Orthodox Coward. If I appear brave to some it may be because I am surrounded by yellow-belly dupes with the guts of a mouse who are afraid of their own shadow.
    And then there is the motor-mouth fishwife and the garbage-mouth imbecile who expects me to believe that I am always wrong and s/he is always right. There is only one infallible person on this planet and we meet him every day in an Armenians discussion forum.
    Since they write anonymous(e)ly, most of my detractors think no one will ever know who they are. No one except themselves; and they may run from themselves but they can't hide.
    #

Re: homage to my muses

3 secs. in and I had a belly rolling laugh. Thanks, Ara.
    Between childhood, boyhood,
    adolescence
    & manhood (maturity) there
    should be sharp lines drawn w/
    Tests, deaths, feats, rites
    stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Ասացվեւները շատ լաւ է. Արա: Forum-ը շնորհակալութիւն հայտնենք:
      Last edited by yerazhishda; 07-26-2008, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
        Thursday, July 24, 2008

If no one wants you dead,
        you can't be a writer.
        A brown-noser, yes.
        A writer, no!

#
        So untrue, so sad, so Ara Baliozian trying to be clever.

This statement is just a poor attempt to cloud the reality that "people want you dead" (this is BS, btw), because you're a sad-sac charlatan who instigates for selfish and conceded reasons.
        Last edited by crusader1492; 07-26-2008, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
          3 secs. in and I had a belly rolling laugh. Thanks, Ara.
          It does not take much to make a retard laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
            It does not take much to make a retard laugh.
            Nor a fool to speak. You speak and laugh each day, you retarded fool.
            adolescence

Comment

Nor a fool to speak speak and laugh each day...
              So true...heed your own words and pass them to Ara B. while your at it.

...you retarded fool.
              Redundancy is a sign of mental weakness. But just so you you understand, I'll speak down to you're level and call you a gay homosexual.

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
                So true...heed your own words and pass them to Ara B. while your at it.

Redundancy is a sign of mental weakness. But just so you you understand, I'll speak down to you're level and call you a gay homosexual.
                If there was ever a post by you that fully discloses the breadth of your ignorance, this was it. No doubt.

No wonder you rarely make sense, your ability to express yourself is obstructed by your small vocabulary and limited intelligence.

Think more, type less.
                adolescence

Comment

If there was ever a post by you that fully discloses the breadth of your ignorance, this was it. No doubt.

No wonder you rarely make sense, your ability to express yourself is obstructed by your small vocabulary and limited intelligence.

Think more, type less.
                  This coming from you...a person so frustrated with himself that he ALWAYS has to have the last word in any exchange regardless of its lameness and futility.

It's like you and Siamanto were separated at birth...two waste products excreted with the rest of the refuse from your mother's hole.

Comment

Bro, I commented on Ara's musings.

Who was trying to have the last word or was attempting to make an exchange with you?

Noone. And, yet, you made some sophmoric response to a post that had nothing to do with you.
                    adolescence

Comment

Working...
                    X