Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Poems

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jahannam umm so you guys' favorite poem is one that promotes gambling?
    lol
    apparently you haven't read enough POETRY!
    yes.. I'm referring to "yete"
    That was pathetic. There's a reason why the poem's been translated to so many languages. But of course you'd know better than everybody else.

Comment

lol
      I'm not saying I know better.
      I had heard theat poem before.
      and yeah ok, it's a nice poem... but favorite?
      it freakin says in it that if you can waste ALL the money you made through hard work on a poker game, and not get depressed if you lose, then you're a good human being?
      what the hell??
      tell me
      am I right? or am I right...
      hele toon indzi yerpvneh "pathetic" ge ganchess?? lol

Comment

Originally posted by jahannam lol
        I'm not saying I know better.
        I had heard theat poem before.
        and yeah ok, it's a nice poem... but favorite?
        it freakin says in it that if you can waste ALL the money you made through hard work on a poker game, and not get depressed if you lose, then you're a good human being?
        what the hell??
        tell me
        am I right? or am I right...
        hele toon indzi yerpvneh "pathetic" ge ganchess?? lol
        Kezi pathetic chsi, esadz-t pathetic er. Darper pan e.

As for the poem, I think you're wrong.
        The point is (I think) that if you take a risk and lose all waht you had, and don't give up, then you're a good human being.

Makes more sense than saying "if you lose all your money, sit down and whine, and then u'll be a man".

Anywho, Kipling has a special place in my heart as he is the writer of the Jungle Book.

Comment

Sorry guys. You mentioned Ginsburg and I have no choice. Spiral is going to kill me.

There you go dear, I took the trouble and searched for this site, just for you. Because I care.

Comment

Thanks, Spiral! I love you dearly.

Comment

You're welcome kiddo.

Comment

Why do you keep changing your avatar, Spiral? Anyway, in getting back to the topic, here's another one I wrote.

SUDDENLY IT OCCURS

Life can be exhausting, but exhilaration always is . . .
                So I’m sitting down to talk to a friend

‘Anything new?’ she says

Ha! If she only knew
                About the horse latitudes hidden between
                The vagaries of morningly and nightly commute.
                So I ask her if her hair is still the color of the Pacific Sunset
                When I realize she can’t possibly know.

‘What about the ghost of lovers past?’ she says

‘Not in love, unfortunately – you have to understand,
                To be left for a cheap xxxx is all the more demeaning.’
                Life may be built from fractals which are built
                Strictly from straight lines, but even Euclid knows it isn’t that
                Simple.

‘Youth has a way, no?’ speaking of stealth,
                lack of preparation, and an overabundance of faith.

‘I often feel like 45, but my body cannot fool my soul.’
                If a down sheet can be so complete, then I have no one
                Left to meet, only new tools to discover, but still . . .
                ‘She’s 22, but mostly 17.’

‘I know exactly what you mean.’
                Speaking of the quandary of interstitial life . . .

‘When you finally lose that longing for
                wild independence, suddenly it occurs to you what you do not have.’
                Isn’t that the way it always works, though?
                Fixating on what you do not have, but look at the mirror . . .
                See those gorgeous lips, forbidden eyebrows, and
                Hair longing for the moisture of clouds.

‘And the naps? The rest you used to sneak in through the keyhole?’

‘Sleep is something that only comes to me in dreams.’
                Speaking of a painful separation from unconscious . . .
                ‘You know, I always thought it pleasant to die in water.’

‘Completion of the cycle, you mean?’
                Speak now not of dharma, of salvation, or of love –
                You know I don’t believe these things.

‘Yeah – born in amniotic fluid, dead in the womb of Darwin’s earth.’
                By the way, a cycle by definition can never be complete.

So I’m talking to a friend, waiting on epiphany, when
                Suddenly it occurs to me that I’m sitting down . . .

Comment

cuz everything looks weird after I shrink it down to 100 X 100 pixels.

Comment

Try using an old yearbook photo - that's what mine is. If you want something more current, go to one of those little photo booth things they have at theme parks and malls, where they shoot out little sticky photos in groups of four. You know what I mean, right?

Don't be a little tease now, Spiral.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants

Anywho, Kipling has a special place in my heart as he is the writer of the Jungle Book.
                      well, he should stick to junglebook- ish literature then. HA!

Comment

Working...
                      X