Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Stalin's J-ews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stalin's J-ews

Originally posted by Muhaha View Post
    Post 'em.
    I would but I value my life...
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      There are historical reasons for that belief....
      Yeah, you get a triple X. I think, NO ONE should be above criticism (starting with our own people). It is not healthy to treat anyone (again starting with Armenians - including J.ews, Japanese, whoever!) as 'chosen people' frankly that IS racism, I don't care what 'religious' dogma you are trying to use.

I love our people and our Homeland with all my heart, and it is out of this love that I will be the first to give my (constructive) criticism. Also this love does not necessarily mean hatred for others (even ordinary Turks), to the contrary, that love extends to love for our planet (where we live) and humanity.

J.ews should also have this mechanism since (and this is my opinion) they are lacking this (speaking collectively in terms of Israel, there are outstanding intellectuals who happen to be J.ewish and point this out) and are on a self-destructive course Vis-à-vis the Palestinians and Palestine issue. We Armenians are also not above this, and if anything should learn a lot from this which will make us better people and overall human beings.
      Last edited by Catharsis; 11-12-2009, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
        Why did you put all this under "General Armenian Talk"?
        If you check well it was put under "General Discussion". And I am so sorry for offending you, I didn't know I should ask your permission to post something, I thought we lived in free democratic country.

Comment

Originally posted by Muhaha View Post
          My point is that there's no point in pointing out the Racial/Ethnic/Religious/Spiritual identities of horrendous and treacherous human beings because those things had no bearing on what they did. Does it matter that Hitler was German, Mao was Chinese, Mussolini was Italian, Obama is Black, Bush is White, or that Saddam Hussein was Arab?

For some reason, there's a strong tendency within some people to believe that being xxxish means you've got a stronger chance of being evil than most.

Well, I don't know about the last part but I do know that the truth of historical events, as best as we can come to them, should be made public. And as Catharsis said, no people or group should be above reproach.

The longer israel is an apartiad state the less credibility it will have with the world public.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
            If you check well it was put under "General Discussion". And I am so sorry for offending you, I didn't know I should ask your permission to post something, I thought we lived in free democratic country.
            Yes the moderators were kind enough to move it to the proper section. As far as the rest of your babbling about "free domcracy", wtf? So if someone comes to your house they can put a used toilet paper on your dining room table instead of the trash can in the toilet just because it's a democracy? How does that make ANY sense.
            this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
              Yes the moderators were kind enough to move it to the proper section. As far as the rest of your babbling about "free domcracy", wtf? So if someone comes to your house they can put a used toilet paper on your dining room table instead of the trash can in the toilet just because it's a democracy? How does that make ANY sense.
              Dear Mr./Mrs. Sipperman

First of all, all what the moderator has done is categorizing it into the “Intellectual Lounge” within the “General Discussion”, which I think it’s a promotion to my post.
              And secondly, this is a public place and it’s not your house, unless you’re a bum and live homeless, if the later is true then used toilet paper should’ve not bothered you that much, because the streets are full of them, and by now you already should’ve been using them for your personal needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
                Dear Mr./Mrs. Sipperman...
                Technically, if you must know, it Dr.

The important thing is this has nothing to do with "Armenian" issues and now, thanks to the moderators it's all good. Carry on. Homeless or not, believe it not, I actually care about this forum a lot and yes, it is kind of like a home to me. If that earns me insults, sure, go ahead, do it (if it makes you feel better).
                Last edited by Sip; 11-13-2009, 03:57 PM.
                this post = teh win.

Comment

General discussion seems like the appropriate place for this topic... but I'm not the librarian.
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

For those wondering, Alexander Miasnikov is Armenian (Miasnikyan).
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Brain illness could have affected Stalin's actions, secret diaries reveal

Accounts by his inner circle give new insight into dictator's life

By Shaun Walker in Moscow

It's one of the great questions of history, and indeed philosophy: what does it take to create a Hitler or a Stalin? What circumstances does it require to produce such evil? Newly released diaries from one of Joseph Stalin's personal doctors suggest that, in Stalin's case, illness could have helped to contribute to the paranoia and ruthlessness of his rule over the Soviet Union.

Alexander Myasnikov was one of the doctors called to Stalin's deathbed when the dictator fell ill in 1953, and, in diaries that have been kept secret up to now, he claims that Stalin suffered from a brain illness that could have impaired his decision-making.

"The major atherosclerosis in the brain, which we found at the autopsy, should raise the question of how much this illness – which had clearly been developing over a number of years – affected Stalin's health, his character and his actions," Dr Myasnikov wrote in his diaries, excerpts of which were published for the first time in the Russian newspaper Moskovsky Komsomolets yesterday. "Stalin may have lost his sense of good and bad, healthy and dangerous, permissible and impermissible, friend and enemy. Character traits can become exaggerated, so that a suspicious person becomes paranoid," the doctor wrote.

In what could be another fascinating insight into the inner world of Stalin, purported excerpts from the secret diaries of Lavrentiy Beria, one of the most unpleasant and bloodthirsty members of Stalin's inner circle, also surfaced this week. The Beria diaries, excerpts of which appeared in Komsomolskaya Pravda, are to be released by a controversial publishing house that has previously published books whitewashing Stalin-era crimes, and there is no independent verification yet that they are genuine. If they are, they would prove invaluable to historians as an insight into the warped mind of Beria as well as into the inner workings of the Soviet hierarchy.

The diaries refer to Stalin by his revolutionary nickname "Koba" and are filled with coarse language and swearing. The entries start in 1938, when Stalin called on Beria to leave his native Georgia and travel to Moscow to work as the deputy to Nikolai Yezhov, head of the feared NKVD secret police and known as "the bloodthirsty dwarf". The NKVD had just conducted the "Great Purge", when hundreds of thousands of Soviet citizens had been shot.

Yezhov himself was shot in 1940 and Beria took over his position as head of the NKVD, becoming one of Stalin's most trusted lieutenants. He was also known as a sexual deviant, frequently trawling the streets of Moscow and picking out women who would be taken back to his mansion and raped.

The alleged diaries occasionally show a softer side to Beria, expressing regret about the life he had ended up leading. "I like nature, and fishing, but when is there time for that now?" he wrote during the height of the Second World War, in 1943.

Beria's diaries, if genuine, also shed new light on events during the Second World War. When in August 1942 Winston Churchill travelled to Moscow to meet Stalin, the allies were suspicious of each other, and Beria claims he advised Stalin that the best way to win concessions from the British Prime Minister would be to get him drunk.

After the visit, Beria wrote: "These are not funny times, but we have all had a laugh. Koba told me that my advice about Churchill came in handy. Churchill agreed, got completely drunk and lost the plot. Koba told us about it and laughed... Afterwards, he said: 'It's good when you know the weaknesses of your enemy in advance.'"

On the evening of 10 May 1945, the day after Soviet troops celebrated victory, Beria notes that Stalin started crying. "Again we spent the evening with Koba... He was even softer, and he even had to brush away a tear."

Stalin died in 1953, and Beria was arrested shortly afterwards and shot, before the Soviet Union began a gradual retreat from the bloody excesses of the Stalin period. "I would suggest that the cruelty and suspicion of Stalin, his fear of enemies... was created to a large extent by atherosclerosis of the cerebral arteries," Dr Myasnikov wrote in his diaries. "The country was being run, in effect, by a sick man."

Striking notes: Extracts from the diaries

Alexander Myasnikov

* "I would suggest that the cruelty and suspicion of Stalin, his fear of enemies... was created to a large extent by atherosclerosis of the cerebral arteries. The country was being run, in effect, by a sick man."

* "Death was expected at any moment. Finally it came, at 9.50pm on 5 March... Party leaders quietly filed into the room, as well as Stalin's daughter, Svetlana, son Vasily and security detail. Everyone stood without moving in ceremonial silence, for a long time. I don't even know how long – maybe half an hour or more."

Lavrenty Beria

* "I remember the picnics Koba [Stalin] and I had in the mid-1930s. He with his big moustache, and me all young and thin, in a shirt with an open collar, chopping wood for the fire. And fresh trout. It was good back then."

* "Today I saw tears in Koba's eyes for the first time. I told him about Stalingrad, about how people are fighting. When I reach that point, I just swear a lot and feel better. But he tries to keep it together, and what about his heart? He couldn't hold it in."

* "[Churchill] got completely drunk and lost the plot. Koba told us about it and laughed... Afterwards, he said: 'It's good when you know the weaknesses of your enemy in advance.'"

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

What a stupid thread.....Why dont you creat athread "HITLERS xxxS" ? lol

Comment

Working...
                      X