Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes and comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: elegy

deleting
    Last edited by arabaliozian; 07-13-2009, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sako View Post
      My posts were not emotional. In fact, they were clearer then ever and you haven't answered them properly yet.

I was about to say the same to you.
      you are right.
      i am wrong.
      please forgive me.
      now then, can we move on?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
        He names a long list of Armenian, Western and Persian scholors. Why is it that hard for your ego to recant your own propaganda as you promised? Mr. Nourizadeh is a well-known and serious writer translator and an Iranian intellectual. Do you think he'd be that gullible to put his reputation at risk and reproduce some myth for the Iranian reader on their own History to swallow up? If you pay attention to his rhetoric, you'll certainly notice that it's been written by a non-Armenian, someone who is not trying to add any 'parabanutyun' on the bravery of the Armenain nation...
        i know nothing about your Iranian historian.
        But i knew the Mekhitarist historian who had no reason to deceive or mislead me. and i am more than willing to rate your historian above mine provided you give me some proof.

Comment

you are right.
          i am wrong.
          please forgive me.
          now then, can we move on?
          Sure, I've been wanting to move on for a long time ! The question now is, what direction are you going to be moving in?
          THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Sako View Post
            I only attack when others attack me, J. Bell has been giving plenty of bad talks and bad time to everyone who doesn't think like him for months and the result? He's still here giving us his baloney. You guys must really like him (j/k) !
            I also agree.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post

In short, you're using the same tactic that ara is using to find credibility for his own source, namely, the apparent interests (or lack thereof) of the particular scholar publishing their take on historical events. So apparently, the authors of the two sources are more similar than we think because apparently, each side is putting their own ethnicity in a not so boastful light when talking about the Battle of Avarayr. Now, if I'm to take either of your advices concerning your own sources, I become doubtful of, and paradoxically more open to hearing out each source.

Yes, I did so to make him see how he is taking the same path of propaganda he's complaining about and discarding. That's why I said previously: In an objective light, you favour one propaganda over another one and then deliver it to the reader as 'the' truth… so based on your own deductions; can we conclude that you're charlatan too?

Nevertheless there's one side who is closer to 'the' truth based on a more credible, logical evidence provided. The Armenian mkhitarist is totally denying that such a battle ever occurred labelling it as a myth and calling the Mamikonians as Chinese while the Iranian author is speaking in an almost neutral rhetoric mentioning the glorious victory of the Persian army, would we normally see such a rhetoric coming from an Armenian?

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
              i know nothing about your Iranian historian.
              But i knew the Mekhitarist historian who had no reason to deceive or mislead me. and i am more than willing to rate your historian above mine provided you give me some proof.
              And I know nothing about your Mkhitarist historian. I'm more than willing to rate your Mkhitarist historian above mine provided you give me proof. Quote him properly and say how he proves and comes to such a conclusion? Based on what solid evidence? I suspect you've never bothered to discover that…

Comment

Yes, I did so to make him see how he is taking the same path of propaganda he's complaining about and discarding. That's why I said previously: In an objective light, you favour one propaganda over another one and then deliver it to the reader as 'the' truth… so based on your own deductions; can we conclude that you're charlatan too?

Nevertheless there's one side who is closer to 'the' truth based on a more credible, logical evidence provided. The Armenian mkhitarist is totally denying that such a battle ever occurred labelling it as a myth and calling the Mamikonians as Chinese while the Iranian author is speaking in an almost neutral rhetoric mentioning the glorious victory of the Persian army, would we normally see such a rhetoric coming from an Armenian?

And I know nothing about your Mkhitarist historian. I'm more than willing to rate your Mkhitarist historian above mine provided you give me proof. Quote him properly and say how he proves and comes to such a conclusion? Based on what solid evidence? I suspect you've never bothered to discover that…
                In love and war the winner is always right and the loser is always wrong... it doesn't matter who was in the right. The truth is only seen in the view of the 3rd person
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

This is partially true. If we had to dismiss everything and every historian as such, then inch kmna?
                  Lucin, you're very level-headed and very bright

I'm sure you do the same as I do which is to not dismiss anything until you're able to look at alternative perspectives and then use your own judgement on the "evidence" in front of you.

Unfortunately in this situation I doubt that any relevant Persian material will come to light. As you rightly said, why would the King of Kings advertise his victorious battle in a war he lost.

We have to learn to live with these irritations, they come and go, like mosquitos really.....
                  Last edited by hrai; 07-14-2009, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                    In love and war the winner is always right and the loser is always wrong... it doesn't matter who was in the right.
                    Who's the winner in love and who's the loser?

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                    The truth is only seen in the view of the 3rd person
                    This is a dangerous statement and I'm not in agreement with you.
                    Last edited by Lucin; 07-14-2009, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Tuesday, July 14, 2009
                      PROJECTIONS & CONJECTURES
                      Armenians bore the hell out of me –
                      their stiff-necked dogmatism,
                      their addiction to brag,
                      their pathological preference for comfortable lies
                      and their phobia of painful truths;
                      their endless internecine conflicts,
                      their deep insecurities which find expression
                      in loud-mouth (borodakhos) arrogance...
                      Relax! I am not talking about you, gentle reader.
                      I am talking about myself when young.
                      I have no doubt whatever in my mind that,
                      unlike me, you are a noble specimen of humanity
                      and butter wouldn't melt in your mouth,
                      or anywhere else for that matter.
                      A nation that has been lied to consistently
                      will be inclined to believe only liars.
                      You cannot speak in praise of capitalism
                      in a communist country and vice versa.
                      It is a risky business
                      discussing democracy with fascists;
                      and nothing can be as hard
                      as trying to reason with dupes of propaganda.
                      What could be more subversive
                      than a lecture on atheism in a cathedral,
                      or a speech on human rights in an Armenian community center?
                      I don't study history in order to enhance my self-esteem.
                      I study history to understand my fellow men and myself.
                      Anyone who studies history for any other purpose
                      is doomed to understand nothing.
                      Armenianism is an “ism” like any other ism.
                      It should be carefully analyzed and not adopted as a belief system.
                      More blood has been shed in the name of patriotism
                      than any other ideology or religion.
                      If patriotism means loyalty to one's nation
                      and disloyalty to the rest of mankind,
                      I want no part of it.
                      “My country, right or wrong!”
                      should also stand for “My country, rich or poor,”
                      and “My country, in peace or war.”
                      A true patriot living in self-imposed exile is an oxymoron
                      (with emphasis on the last two syllables);
                      and a warlike patriot who is unwilling to kill and die
                      speaks with a forked tongue.
                      #

Comment

Working...
                      X