Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes and comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: elegy

Saturday, November 14, 2009
    DIARY / 4
    Sooner or later all lies are exposed and replaced by other lies.
    Truth is not a noun but a verb – it consists in shedding lies.
    Ottomanism, Sovietism, Armenianism: the only difference between them is the number of dupes and hoodlums they control.
    Northrop Frye's explanation of deconstruction: “Rousseau wrote on the origin of language, but he was primarily interested in masturbation.”
    Eduardo Galeano: “Hunting xxxs has always been a European sport. Now the Palestinians, who never played it, are paying the bill.”
    Men need to believe in something, even if it is a lie that will enslave them.
    #

Comment

Ara this worthless monologue of yours is truely the waisbasket of the internet. First you blame the palastinians for the situation they are in and now you quote Galeano who is saying palastinians are being unjustly punished for what the europeans did to the xxxs. Your arguments never did make much sence and now they completely contradict each other. Your going from really bad to simply horrid. Please stop making a fool of yourself and find a new hobby, i suggest fishing, its a lot of fun and you can catch your own food without annoying others.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        Ara this worthless monologue of yours is truely the waisbasket of the internet. First you blame the palastinians for the situation they are in and now you quote Galeano who is saying palastinians are being unjustly punished for what the europeans did to the xxxs. Your arguments never did make much sence and now they completely contradict each other. Your going from really bad to simply horrid. Please stop making a fool of yourself and find a new hobby, i suggest fishing, its a lot of fun and you can catch your own food without annoying others.
        Round and round we go, where we stop nobody knows
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
          I support the israelis
          and i feel sorry for the palestinians
          because they are losers like armenians,
          and like armenians
          they refuse to learn from history --
          one of the most important lessons being,
          a house divided against itself cannot stand.
          neither is a house corrupted --
          or whose foundations are rotten.

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
            I support the israelis
            and i feel sorry for the palestinians
            because they are losers like armenians,
            and like armenians
            they refuse to learn from history --
            one of the most important lessons being,
            a house divided against itself cannot stand.
            neither is a house corrupted --
            or whose foundations are rotten.
            You support the Israelis because like most journalists, you don't have the testicular fortitude to stand up against them. Surely you can't agree with all their policies, not even the citizens of Israel do.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Sunday, November 15, 2009
              DIARY / 5
              When an American capitalist first heard the passage in the Scriptures that says a wealthy man cannot go to heaven in the same way that a camel cannot pass through the eye of a needle, he hired a succession of theologians and demanded an explanation. Only one came up with the answer that pleased him which was this: The “Eye of a Needle” was the name of a narrow passage under a low bridge in Jerusalem. That theologian went home with a fat check in his pocket.
              I suspect if you were to ask one of our bishops to explain the line “a house divided against itself cannot stand,” he will say neither can a house with rotten foundations, and what could be more rotten than a heresy?
              Theologians are like lawyers, they will plead not guilty even if their client is a serial killer who may kill again.
              “The law is the law,” they say. So is the Word of God. But both cease to be what they claim to be if they are interpreted to mean the opposite of what they say.
              I enjoy reading pundits who are on my side. I enjoy even more reading pundits of the opposite side. But my very favorite pundits are liberals who turned conservative and vice versa.
              I don’t read to have my ego massaged or prejudices reinforced, but for the exactly opposite reason.
              Dostoevsky began his literary career as a liberal and became conservative. By contrast, Thomas Mann began as a conservative right-wing nationalist and ended as a left-wing cosmopolitan liberal. I enjoy reading both. I enjoy them even when they express views with which I am in complete disagreement.
              #

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                You support the Israelis because like most journalists, you don't have the testicular fortitude to stand up against them. Surely you can't agree with all their policies, not even the citizens of Israel do.

i do not accept the citizens of any country,
                including Israel,
                to dictate my sentiments and thoughts.
                the two words i hate most are "Yes, sir!"

Comment

Monday, November 16, 2009
                  DIARY / 6
                  What Romans did to their Christians,
                  Christians did to their heretics.
                  Religions and regimes may change,
                  but man stays the same
                  and the scum of the earth
                  always rises to the top.
                  The people who do the most harm to mankind
                  are, as a rule, the least aware of it.
                  They may even think of themselves
                  as the best and the brightest,
                  or promoters of virtue,
                  or representatives of God on earth.
                  Kings, popes, imams:
                  we may be justified in calling them
                  certified moral morons.
                  Something to remember and repeat:
                  Self-criticism is not unpatriotic.
                  Silencing critics is.
                  It was Kant who said that very often
                  ignorance is nothing but
                  cowardice in the face of knowledge.
                  When a chauvinist who recycles crap says:
                  “Criticism must be constructive!”
                  what he really means is:
                  “If recycling crap is good enough for me,
                  how dare you think otherwise?”
                  #

Comment

Tuesday, November 17, 2009
                    DIARY / 7
                    I am grateful to all charlatans who,
                    with their example, taught me the value of honesty.
                    People profess to love the truth
                    but live as though they were afraid of it --
                    hence the old Armenian saying:
                    "If you speak the truth,
                    you will be chased out from seven towns."
                    The very same people
                    who pour venom on every line I write
                    and sling mud at me
                    (hoping some of it will stick),
                    accuse me of being negative.
                    In a dictionary of philosophy:
                    “Generally speaking megalomania is a reaction to failure.
                    The megalomaniac represents himself
                    as he would like to be
                    but as he is not.
                    Megalomania may also be a symptom
                    of the decline of one’s critical faculties.”
                    On dogmatism:
                    “It stands in direct contradiction to criticism,
                    skepticism, empiricism, and realism.
                    It fosters intolerance and fanaticism.”
                    To be read by friendly readers:
                    nothing unusual in that.
                    To be read by hostiles:
                    That’s where the money is,
                    because it means being allowed the opportunity
                    to introduce ideas where none exist.
                    #

Comment

Ara i really wish you practiced what you preach. Your blind support of isreal and its racist policies is good proof of your hipocracy. Blaming the victim is a popular pass time nowdays and i see your more then willing to jump on that band wagon. You call the victims helpless losers and you support the strong no matter how unjust their cause. I mean really man why should anyone bother with you? Go ahead and keep rambling on, putting down your people and other helpless victims while kissing ass of the strong but dont preach us about stuff you really have no clue about.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X