Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes and comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: elegy

Wednesday, November 18, 2009
    ON THE DEATH
    OF ARMENIAN LITERATURE
    Poverty should not be confused with destitution.
    Poverty is the total absence of all luxuries.
    Destitution means anxiety, fear, subservience, uncertainty, degradation, envy, anger, hatred, and worse of all, dependence on the charity of swine.
    This may explain why our writers, who ought to know better, are more than willing to crap on one another and kiss the posterior not only of an empty suit with money but also his flunkies and hirelings.
    Their central concern is not producing a decent line but getting closer to the money tree even if the tree bears poisoned fruit.
    What is an old man if not a fool with wrinkles?
    A common Armenian misconception promoted by our ubiquitous and dime-a-dozen Turcocentric ghazetajis: to equate anti-Turkism with pro-Armenianism.
    Our collective self-esteem is so low that it needs constant positive feedback. Hence the mantras first nation this and first nation that...
    There is no such thing as an average Armenian. An average Armenian is a self-assessed genius and an unappreciated and misunderstood Armenian.
    Asked what he thought of Nietzsche, Jules Romain replied: “There are too many unnecessary letters in his name.”
    After reading one of my things,
    an old friend writes: “I am glad you continue to be a patriotic Armenian.”
    I don’t have the heart to tell him that
    I loathe patriotism.
    I love honest men and loathe charlatans regardless of nationality;
    and some of the worst charlatans I have met are Armenian patriots.
    #

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      Ara i really wish you practiced what you preach. Your blind support of isreal and its racist policies is good proof of your hipocracy. Blaming the victim is a popular pass time nowdays and i see your more then willing to jump on that band wagon. You call the victims helpless losers and you support the strong no matter how unjust their cause. I mean really man why should anyone bother with you? Go ahead and keep rambling on, putting down your people and other helpless victims while kissing ass of the strong but dont preach us about stuff you really have no clue about.
      i don't put down anyone.
      armenians are their own worst enemies and put-downers.
      ditto with palestinians
      who have been victims for only 50 years.
      xxxs have been victims for 5000 years.

Comment

from Ara Baliozian, p. 23 of thread:
        i believe neither Raffi nor the Tashnaks were successful in improving anything. on the contrary, there are some very serious historians who believe the Tashnaks did nothing but provoke the Genocide. Please, teach yourself not to give in to the termptation of playing the balem-game.

================================================== ============================================

To say that 'some very serious historians say' that the Tashnaks provoked the Genocide avoids taking a clear stand on the issue. If AB believes it, he should
        say it in his own voice. While it is clear that the Tashnaks made many grievous mistakes, so did all the Armenian political parties going back to the Armenakans. And "provoking a genocide' is not like provoking a dog to snap. A genocide is a much more complex phenomenon than that and, once conceived, has to be carefully planned over a long period of time. The genocidal logic of Ottoman statecraft was evidenced long before the formation of the ARF, and its abuses were the basis for the entire Armenian revolutionary movement that preceded the founding of the ARF. To blame the ARF for the Genocide is to completely remove Ottoman statecraft from serious examination and blame the victims, nothing less. While it may be great fun to poke the hornets nest of patriotic Armenian emotions to see what reaction one gets, it does not represent a serious engagement with history.

As to the thesis of the immaturity and foolish credulity of the Armenian revolutionaries as a cause of their failure, take a look at Kurdish politics today.
        Are they doing any better? Have they, despite their huge numbers in today's world compared with the tiny Armenian population back in the 19th century, come up with a better more sophisticated plan for liberation, one that relies any less on the mercies of major foreign powers? They haven't, because
        they are in the same place and confronted with the same intractable tyranny the Armenians had to face.

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
          i don't put down anyone.
          armenians are their own worst enemies and put-downers.
          ditto with palestinians
          who have been victims for only 50 years.
          xxxs have been victims for 5000 years.
          You are blaming the victim! Armenians are not their own worst enemies and neither are the palastinians. Armenians are victims of geogrophy, our homeland sits on the silk road and everyone tries to control that area thus we are in endless wars with different enemies and any nation is bound to lose eventually in this situation, it has nothing to do with being Armenian or being your own worst enemy. Armenia's empire did not fall apart because of betrail it fell apart because of endless wars. The palastinians are not their own enemies either. They are divided and set up against each other by the zionists who control every aspect of their lives. The fact that the xxxs have been victims for that long makes this that much worst, it means they know what they are puting the palastinians through and are doing it anyways while at the same time looking for empathy for the similar things that were done to them in the past. The zionist hypocracy is one of the most discusting things in the modern world even more so then islamic facshism. Their aid to turckey in the denial of the armenian genocide for so many years is a testimat to what zionism stands for, they do this knowing full well that the denial of this genocide led to the their own haullacust. Shame on you for blaming the victims especialy when its your own people.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
            You support the Israelis because like most journalists, you don't have the testicular fortitude to stand up against them. Surely you can't agree with all their policies, not even the citizens of Israel do.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
              You are blaming the victim! Armenians are not their own worst enemies and neither are the palastinians. Armenians are victims of geogrophy, our homeland sits on the silk road and everyone tries to control that area thus we are in endless wars with different enemies and any nation is bound to lose eventually in this situation, it has nothing to do with being Armenian or being your own worst enemy. Armenia's empire did not fall apart because of betrayal it fell apart because of endless wars. Shame on you for blaming the victims especialy when its your own people.
              I agree!!! I always say the same that our geography has been our major enemy, thus location location location has been our number one enemy, yet many of our people blame it on our history or our nakharars. We have been on the crossroads of two continents, we have owned rich beautiful soil, and having been a peace loving nation, it certainly hasn't been easy with the newcomers who were nomadic, tribal, horribly backward barbarics.

Comment

Originally posted by Diranakir View Post
                from Ara Baliozian, p. 23 of thread:
                i believe neither Raffi nor the Tashnaks were successful in improving anything. on the contrary, there are some very serious historians who believe the Tashnaks did nothing but provoke the Genocide. Please, teach yourself not to give in to the termptation of playing the balem-game.

================================================== ============================================

To say that 'some very serious historians say' that the Tashnaks provoked the Genocide avoids taking a clear stand on the issue. If AB believes it, he should
                say it in his own voice. While it is clear that the Tashnaks made many grievous mistakes, so did all the Armenian political parties going back to the Armenakans. And "provoking a genocide' is not like provoking a dog to snap. A genocide is a much more complex phenomenon than that and, once conceived, has to be carefully planned over a long period of time. The genocidal logic of Ottoman statecraft was evidenced long before the formation of the ARF, and its abuses were the basis for the entire Armenian revolutionary movement that preceded the founding of the ARF. To blame the ARF for the Genocide is to completely remove Ottoman statecraft from serious examination and blame the victims, nothing less. While it may be great fun to poke the hornets nest of patriotic Armenian emotions to see what reaction one gets, it does not represent a serious engagement with history.

As to the thesis of the immaturity and foolish credulity of the Armenian revolutionaries as a cause of their failure, take a look at Kurdish politics today.
                Are they doing any better? Have they, despite their huge numbers in today's world compared with the tiny Armenian population back in the 19th century, come up with a better more sophisticated plan for liberation, one that relies any less on the mercies of major foreign powers? They haven't, because
                they are in the same place and confronted with the same intractable tyranny the Armenians had to face.
                Very good points Diranakir! The ARF's stand was I'll be darned if I help my people from more annihilation, savagely being snatched, raped, looted, highly taxed and killed every day versus helping my people in every which way I can to stop the barbarity. Like you said the Armenian Genocide was the systematic thought out belligerent turkey's and the German generals evil works. It had nothing to do with the poor Tashnagtsoutyun who tried very hard to save a few. Let's not forget that they were formed and came about because of the belligerent turkish government's annihilations and barbarity towards the Armenian population that lived in turkey.
                Last edited by Anoush; 11-18-2009, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Thank you, Anoush, but:

from Anoush, p. 23
                  The Doenme Zionist xxxs were determined to carry out their mission whether Armenians wanted their lands back or not. The Doenme Zionist leaders headed by Talaat Pasha. . . .

I would like to ask Anoush if she has any concrete evidence that Talaat Pasha was born a xxx (other than his being from Salonika and having taught in a xxxish school), or is this just an unexamined and unverified tradition passed along from generation to generation? (I've also heard that he was a Gypsy.) This is a very serious matter because it touches on contemporary relations between Armenians and xxxs and has a very poisoning effect. It is not something to be thrown around carelessly. As to Ara Baliozian (in response to this point) saying that it is 'Tashnak propaganda', I will point out that the story of Talaat's xxxish origin, plus that of the majority of the founders (sic) of the Young Turks was prominently featured in "Loussapatz", a Hnchakian organ right in AB's backyard a few months ago. In this article, the Rothschilds were represented as the bankrollers of the Young Turks! I would appreciate any light, rather than heat, thrown on this subject. Are Armenian patriots really willing to trash Hans Morgenthau, Franz Werkel, Raphael Lemkin and many contemporary xxxish intellectuals who are indispensable supporters of the veracity of their/our version of history? Let's think again. . .

Comment

Note on my previous post: I don't know why, but my name for the people who originated as Hebrews is converted into x's on the forum. The x's in my previous post stand for the people and religion which originated with the Hebrews, a 3 letter proper name starting with J, with E in the middle, and W on the end. Maybe this name has been abused by forumers and that is why the moderators have decided to suppress its use.

Comment

Thursday, November 19, 2009
                      CANADIAN VALUES
                      Two widely held views on Canada by Canadians:
                      “This country was founded on Christian values.”
                      “Canada is ours: we stole it from the Indians fair and square.”
                      ARMENIAN VALUES
                      It makes no difference whether you cut a writer's tongue out or you silence him.
                      Neither does it make any difference whether you kill him or you ignore him.
                      The result will be the same.
                      CATECHISM 101
                      Q: Do you believe Jesus was the son of God?
                      A: Aren't we all? We don't say “Our stepFather who art in heaven,” or “Our Father-in-law...” We say “Our Father...”
                      Q: Do you believe He rose from the dead?
                      A: I believe he never died. All gods are immortal. They don't die. That's a rule without exceptions.
                      DENIALISTS
                      Q: How do you explain American academics who deny the Genocide?
                      A: Promise an academic a regular salary and he will deny his own existence.
                      Q: What about xxxs who deny the Genocide?
                      A: xxxs don't, Israeli politicians do, and politicians have no principles, only interests.
                      ON TREASON
                      “A nation can survive its fools and even the ambitious, but it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly, but the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their garments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. “
                      —Marcus Tullius Cicero, 42 BC

Comment

Working...
                      X