Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Muammar Gaddafi and Libyan crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Two Libyan fighter pilots defect, fly to Malta

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    Even if only 30-40% of India is educated, that's still more people than all of North America. Even if only 30% of India is able to afford a car, that's still a larger market than all of North America so the possibilities of profit for corporations is huge.

Libya is a giant wasteland with oil fields with a small population and there isn't a huge prospect for agriculture. I'm sure there are some other mining and mineral deposits which can be exploited with the proper investment but unless there is an import of brains, it's not going to be the flourishing metropolis that the west sells to the Libyans.

They will be happy with the cash they get from their sale of oil, and then when they realize they're not seeing any of it, maybe time for another 'revolution'. People have short memories.
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

"I don't know what's worse, Anarcho-Islamists or "Western allied, pro-democratic" rebels"
      Fed i love this quote but i would like to make a correction. Islamists cannot be anarchists because everything about islam is structured. I do agree with the point you are making.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        Islamists cannot be anarchists because everything about islam is structured.
        Au contraire! Just how "structured" is Islamist Somalia?

That crowd are all pretty much the same and half of them want to roll back the clock all the way to the 7th century.

Comment

Originally posted by retro View Post

That crowd are all pretty much the same and half of them want to roll back the clock all the way to the 7th century.
          It has Islamist entities, I wouldn't say it's ruled by Islam. After being jacked by the British, Italians, hijacked by communists and a couple decades of civil war, I'm surprised it still exists as a state. Although I remember Clinton getting his ass handed to him Black Hawk down style when he attempted to interfere in the region.
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            "I don't know what's worse, Anarcho-Islamists or "Western allied, pro-democratic" rebels"
            Fed i love this quote but i would like to make a correction. Islamists cannot be anarchists because everything about islam is structured. I do agree with the point you are making.
            Thanks mate, I agree!
            Originally posted by retro View Post

The part of Somalia that is controlled by Al-Shabab is pretty structured actually. There's de facto Shari'a law and al-Shabab provides services to the extent that they can. The Islamists are also against piracy and have outlawed it, even attacking pirates. The only problem is the West doesn't recognise it as an official government so for them, there is still anarchy. Also, the Islamists are in a war with the UN-backed government so it's not really under Islamist control all the time, it's really a back and forth situation.

Somaliland (de-facto independent northern part of Somalia) is also structured and has had a functional autonomous government since it de-facto broke away. Really the only part of Somalia that has constantly been in anarchy seems to be Puntland (in between Somaliland and Somalia proper). That's where most of the pirates are from. The pirates are not Islamists though, we shouldn't confuse them because they hate each other.
            Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

I'm sure there is no oil in Somalia either
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

• Who is Muammar Gaddafi?

Who is Muammar Gaddafi?

01.03.2011 16:05
                by Antonio Cesar Oliveira

How can you call someone a dictator leader who overthrew a corrupt monarchy, modernized the country, won the highest HDI in Africa, and applied a direct democracy system of government?

Gaddafi has always supported revolutionary movements around the world. When the media - in the service of the U.S. - praised the apartheid regime South Africa, young Gaddafi in Libya trained and sent them back with the best weapons to win freedom in South
                Africa.

Suddenly the press began a daily attack on the leader Muammar Gaddafi, to distill hatred, spreading lies, forging videos for what? What does it prove? The crimes of the Libyan government? Apparently this journalistic line was caused by popular uprisings in Algeria, Tunisia, Yemen and Egypt.

In fact, it is more a question of one more terrorist strategy of the government of the United States of America to recover influence in the Arab world. In Egypt, the government fell in U.S. confidence. Mubarak was merely an agent of U.S. and Israel interests in the region. With the fall of Mubarak, Iranian ships began to circulate in the vicinity of Israel, causing unease and anger in the diplomatic environments subservient to imperialism and Zionism.

After losing Egypt, the U.S. government tries to divide and weaken Libya, and this effort receives support from the supporters of Bin Laden, and thousands of Egyptian refugees that over the years have taken refuge in eastern Libya, fleeing the repression in Egypt. After the Egyptians came Algerians, Tunisians and Somalis, followers of Al Qaeda. They enjoyed the hospitality of the Libyans and then the next thing they stabbed them in the back, triggering a revolt that has left tens of victims, through sabotage, terrorism and destruction of public property.

But who is this Qaddafi that the media suddenly started to attack in all forms, and even in a most cowardly form? Gaddafi led a revolution to overthrow King Idris, a puppet of Italian and American interests in the region. At the time, the largest U.S. military base abroad was in Libya, Qaddafi and his supporters surrounded the base and gave 24 hours for all invading foreigners to leave the country.

In power, Gaddafi did not like the Arab monarchs, did not build palaces with gold, not buy luxury yachts or collections of imported cars. He devoted himself to rebuilding the country, ensuring better living conditions for the people. Today Qaddafi is not president or prime minister of Libya, but the media wants him to resign a post which does not exist.

The lies of the media cannot hide the fact that Gaddafi has supported the struggles of peoples for liberation in Nicaragua, Cuba, Angola, Mozambique, South Africa and many other countries, specifically concretely helping the people who fought for liberation. In practice, Gaddafi has always been a benefactor of mankind, but for the mercenary media, a benefactor is one who creates wars in search of profits for the arms industry or to dominate the world, as were the wars created by the U.S. in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan, El Salvador, Nicaragua and many other countries.

This utterly ridiculous gossip of wealth and strange customs have always been exploited by the media, it was with Saddam Hussein, Yasser Arafat, Fidel Castro, Ahmadinejad, Hugo Chavez and etc. It is enough to be a serious ruler that does not seriously kneel down and cower in fear before the United States and is not intimidated to be demonised and disparaged by the mercenary media.

Another fact that the media cannot falsify is the HDI (Human Development Index) measured by UN officials. These data indicate, for example, that Libya had in 1970, a situation a little worse than Brazil (HDI of 0.541, against 0.551 of Brazil.) The Libyan index surpassed the Brazilian years later, and in 2008 was well ahead: 0.810 (ranked 43rd), compared to 0.764 (ranking 59th). All three sub-indices that comprise the HDI is higher in the African country: income, longevity and education.

In the HDI recast the difference remains. Libya is ranked the 53rd (0.755) and Brazil 73rd (.699). Libya is the country with the highest HDI in Africa. Therefore, the best distribution of income, and health and public education are free. And almost 10% of Libyan students receive scholarships to study in foreign countries.

So what kind of dictatorship is this? A dictatorship would never allow this kind of policy for the benefit of the people.

Gadhafi wrote the Green Book, the Third Universal Theory, which deals with controversial and real issues. He complains, for example, about the falsification of democracy through parliamentary assemblies. In most countries that consider themselves democratic, including the United States of America, political parties are organized criminal gangs to loot the people's money in legislative assemblies, City Councils, House of Representatives, etc.

This observation - and a book in publication - certainly irritate and anger them? The defenders of parliamentary democracy? The Green Book, written by Gaddafi, says that workers should be involved and self-employed, and that the land must be of those who work it and those who live in the house. And power shall be exercised by the people directly, without intermediaries, without politicians, through popular congresses and committees, where the whole population decides the fundamental issues of the district, city and country. These words, which everyone knows are true, revolt and irritate those few who benefit from the falsification of democracy, especially the capitalist regimes.

But the press will keep on on forging the news, boiling hatred by spreading lies, because it is following orders from the U.S. government, very interested in the large oil reserves of Libya.

Major newspapers and television channels in the world use news agencies from the United States, all biased, misleading and deceptive. The lies that the news agencies sell buy public opinion, and most people? By naivete or misinformation they behave like puppets, repeating whatever the U.S. government determines and imposes.

This is not the first nor will it be the last, the Libyan Arab people face powerful foreign powers. Again the Libyan people will win, because they have the leadership of Muammar Qaddafi, an effective, strong and honorable guide.

*In a rare interview with Western journalists in January 1986, only months before the U.S. terrorist bombing of Libya, the Leader of the Revolution spoke frankly about his life and how he had been misunderstood by the West. Meeting the journalists in his tent he told of how he admired former US Presidents George Washington and Abraham Lincoln and of other world leaders he admires like "Egypt's late Gamal Abdul Nasser, India's Mahatma Gandhi, Sun Yat-Sen of China and Italy's Garibaldi and Mazzini." (Really, I'm a Nice Guy, Kate Dourian, Tripoli, Libya.)

He spoke of his favourite book The Outsider by British author Colin Wilson and others he likes such as Uncle Tom's Cabin and Roots. Throughout this interview the profound thinking and innate humanity of Muammar Qadhafi shone through.

He also stated in another interview: "I see the press as being the messengers between me and the world to tell them the truth."

*Mathaba.net

Translated from the Portuguese and appended by:

Lisa Karpova
                Pravda.Ru

Copyright © 1999-2011, «PRAVDA.Ru». When reproducing our materials in whole or in part, hyperlink to PRAVDA.Ru should be made. The opinions and views of the authors do not always coincide with the point of view of PRAVDA.Ru's editors.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                  It has Islamist entities, I wouldn't say it's ruled by Islam. After being jacked by the British, Italians, hijacked by communists and a couple decades of civil war, I'm surprised it still exists as a state. Although I remember Clinton getting his ass handed to him Black Hawk down style when he attempted to interfere in the region.
                  Who released the statement that Gaddafi was bombing the Libyan people?

Answer: Al Jazeera!

Could it be that the the Arabs (who are rapidly running out of oil) want to take over Libya?

The Arabised Berbers and Egyptians in North Africa have a very independent orientation and I view this as being a far larger problem for the Arabs, than the Europeans. As if the likes of Morocco and Algeria where to start to levitate towards Europe's orb at this junction. I'd say that the Arabs could end up losing North Africa for good.

As for Somalia; the Europeans haven't been in Somalia for 50 years and it's the countries civil war and warlordism that caused it to disintegrate. Whilst the Horn of Africa's geostrategic importance clearly exacerbates Somalia's problems. The Americans are idiots and only they would be crazy enough to become overly embroiled in a place like that.

Comment

• Re: Muammar Gaddafi and Libyan crisis

I watch Al-aalam and Press TV they are Iranian stations one is in Arabic and one is English, both are showing gruesome pictures of killed people that been shot with heavy artilleries such as aircraft or helicopter machineguns. And both blaming Gaddafi for the crimes.

Comment

• Re: Muammar Gaddafi and Libyan crisis

Anybody in the oil business wants Gaddafi gone. The family has enough real estate around the world, they don't need to stay in Libya that's for sure. I really don't understand why they don't want to step down and take a break from all the ruling and live happily ever after with billions. I guess it must be a power thing. Either way, I don't see anyone doing a better job than the Gaddafi clan... anyone else would have exploited that country 10 times over by now.

Comment

Working...
                      X