Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!


2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.


- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.


8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Define Normal ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Define Normal ?

    What is normal. Do we follow what normal is to society?
    is anyone really normal. I think everyone hs an abnormal thing about them
    Positive vibes, positive taught

  • #2
    Re: Define Normal ?

    Don't pay too much attention to buzz words that are used in society. There is nothing normal or typical about people, everyone is different in one way or another. I can start a whole thread about language and psychology and how it makes us think in strange ways.

    For example:

    In Canada, native Indians are referred to as: ABORIGINAL

    Alright... since they are Native to this land, should they be called ORIGINALS? The European settlers who are in government are the aboriginal people!

    In the U.S. immigrants are referred to as ALIENS. Yes, they are foreign beings from another planet! They speak a strange language and are a different color. We must assimilate them! lol


    Another one that kills me is when discounted products are put ON SALE and everyone runs because there is a SALE.

    Uhm... aren't they always on sale? If they weren't, they would have "not for sale" tags on them. You can't go into an art gallery and buy a work of art or an auto show to buy a car.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Define Normal ?

      Many thoughts come to mind, I'll express a few.
      People are so -- mmm-- enamoured? mabe that's the word I'm looking for(not sure) with --- INDIVIDUALALITY --- the they are virtually salivating at the jawbone. The commonality that we all share is put way on the backburner when it comes to the utter glorious ness of the complete and uniqueness of the individual.
      Normal is when cries when they see their parents and family killed and tortured. Abnormal is when someone laughes and makes a game of killing and torturing other lives.
      Artashes
      HARK

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Define Normal ?

        Originally posted by Artashes View Post
        Many thoughts come to mind, I'll express a few.
        People are so -- mmm-- enamoured? mabe that's the word I'm looking for(not sure) with --- INDIVIDUALALITY --- the they are virtually salivating at the jawbone. The commonality that we all share is put way on the backburner when it comes to the utter glorious ness of the complete and uniqueness of the individual.
        Normal is when cries when they see their parents and family killed and tortured. Abnormal is when someone laughes and makes a game of killing and torturing other lives.
        Artashes
        Well INDIVIDUALITY is another word that bothers me. Why? Well if you look at the word itself, it sounds like it is derived from IN-DIVIDABLE or IN-DIVISIBLE which basically means that INDIVIDUALITY is aiming to DIVIDE the UNITY among people.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Define Normal ?

          Originally posted by Artashes View Post
          Many thoughts come to mind, I'll express a few.
          People are so -- mmm-- enamoured? mabe that's the word I'm looking for(not sure) with --- INDIVIDUALALITY --- the they are virtually salivating at the jawbone. The commonality that we all share is put way on the backburner when it comes to the utter glorious ness of the complete and uniqueness of the individual.
          Normal is when cries when they see their parents and family killed and tortured. Abnormal is when someone laughes and makes a game of killing and torturing other lives.
          Artashes
          Forgot to say that it is normal to recognize and remember such atrocities and it is abnormal to either not recognize an atrocity and/or lie about such. It is normal to seek the truth. It is abnormal to seek lies.
          Artashes
          HARK

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Define Normal ?

            Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
            Don't pay too much attention to buzz words that are used in society. There is nothing normal or typical about people, everyone is different in one way or another. I can start a whole thread about language and psychology and how it makes us think in strange ways.

            For example:

            In Canada, native Indians are referred to as: ABORIGINAL

            Alright... since they are Native to this land, should they be called ORIGINALS? The European settlers who are in government are the aboriginal people!

            In the U.S. immigrants are referred to as ALIENS. Yes, they are foreign beings from another planet! They speak a strange language and are a different color. We must assimilate them! lol


            Another one that kills me is when discounted products are put ON SALE and everyone runs because there is a SALE.

            Uhm... aren't they always on sale? If they weren't, they would have "not for sale" tags on them. You can't go into an art gallery and buy a work of art or an auto show to buy a car.
            Nice one. I've wondered why "a building" is called a building, surely once it's finished it should be called "a built" ?
            Sardarabad,1918.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Define Normal ?

              Originally posted by Artashes View Post
              Forgot to say that it is normal to recognize and remember such atrocities and it is abnormal to either not recognize an atrocity and/or lie about such. It is normal to seek the truth. It is abnormal to seek lies.
              Artashes
              Many people will filter out the truth, because it's uncomfortable to seek or remember.

              It's like religious people complaining about how scientists are attacking the word of God. They propose that the world would be a better place if we somehow reworded all of our scientific knowledge (even though much of it is incompatible with the worldviews and cosmology expressed by their scriptures and their religious history) to somehow hide the fact that several elements of traditional religious cosmologies have been discredited by scientific evidence. They do this by either lashing out on science, or by trying to reinterpret their cosmologies to say, `well if you read deeper, you`ll see the scriptures are being metaphorical`, or they`ll overemphasize how a small set of statements about nature as they are expressed in the scripture are in fact supported by evidence verified by modern science, while ignoring how lots of other statements in their scriptures are discredited by it.

              Filtering out the truth also reminds me of people or communities who want to deny the blood on their hands, or of people who love meat, don`t believe in hurting animals but would rather not think about how their meat comes from rather mechanical, generally unethical slaughtering.

              Something very "normal" seems to explain all of this behavior.

              Normal: norming, or adhering to a set standard. So if in your spaceship, the set standard for oxygen levels are ones that can support proper human respiratory function, then when you start to run out, you have an abnormal situation

              Or, if you`re in a nationalistic movement, the set standard is to get everyone to see the logic that your party's assertive policy is righteous and noble, and has a good cause despite the fact that it must ignore certain criticisms from people in order to survive. But when members from your community start to falter and express too many humanitarian concerns`unhelpful`to the cause, they are no longer normal, but as softies, or even traitors. So a Turk who does everything an Armenian wants him to in recognizing personal and state guilt for genocide, is not a normal Turk, since among Turks this is not the standard.
              Last edited by jgk3; 07-11-2012, 11:28 AM.
              I was taught how to think.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Define Normal ?

                I consider it "normal" for KanadaHye to post a reply that has absolutely nothing to do with the question at hand.
                this post = teh win.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Define Normal ?

                  There's no such thing as "normal". Everything is relative; normalcy, or lack thereof, is a matter of perception (whether based on individual judgment or set of culturally derived social mores).

                  /thread

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Define Normal ?

                    So when people say your not normal, you should ask the person please give me the definition of it =)
                    Originally posted by LadyLazarus View Post
                    There's no such thing as "normal". Everything is relative; normalcy, or lack thereof, is a matter of perception (whether based on individual judgment or set of culturally derived social mores).

                    /thread
                    Positive vibes, positive taught

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X