Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes / comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: notes / comments

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
    OK...so if the guy said "If nations that serve our national interests do it it’s not genocide"...does that make it better?

I think you missed the point.
    there are some things a diplomat will never say.

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
      No, some of us are not diplomats, but most Armenians make it seem like we should be when in fact the only way to address a problem is to "address a problem", there is no "right way" to let people know that you are offended, but I know from experience the best way is to be honest.

Nowadays, all Armenians advocate is to lay down and just die, we should just allow people to walk all over us and you know why this policy is advocated? Because it goes back to my earlier point, Armenians are not assimilating they are just adapting, it is more convinient to adapt and accept a cowards death, this is the convinient choice, but understand, it is not the right choice.

Essentially, the empires that oppressed Armenians may have taken away their properties and rights, but the most important blow to the Armenian people by these entities was the damage they did to the Armenian psyche. They extinguished our struggle for self determination, they tamed us. We are not able to build a state because state building requires self sacrifice, economic depression, war, famine, any downturn must be embraced for the "greater good of the state".
      Last edited by Virgil; 11-29-2007, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Friday, November 30, 2007
        ARMENIANS OF THE WORLD UNITE
        You have nothing to lose but your dividers.
        A divider who speaks in the name of the nation is a liar.
        There is only one way for a liar to think truth is on his side and that is by lying to himself.
        The best way to deceive people is to tell them they are too smart to be deceived.
        Dogmas, be they religious or ideological, in whose name we are divided are lies.
        If there is a god and if there is life after death, we may know the truth, but until then we are destined to know only a fraction of it; and a fraction of the truth can be more misleading and dangerous than a lie.
        A divider, no matter how wise, honest, and selfless, cannot speak in the name of the nation, only a fraction of it, and more often than not, an extremely tiny fraction.
        A divider who portrays himself as a savior is in reality a gravedigger. His prototype is the revolutionary in the Ottoman Empire.
        Armenians who identify themselves as Armenians and say they are proud of their identity form only a tiny fraction of the nation. The overwhelming majority have been successfully marginalized, alienated, assimilated, silenced, and reduced to the status of non-persons. But they exist as surely as any one of our bosses, bishops, and benefactors. They may even be better human beings if only because they deceive no one by parading as saviors during the day and turning into gravediggers at night.
        Armenians of the world unite, you have nothing to lose but your gravediggers.
        #

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil View Post
          No, some of us are not diplomats, but most Armenians make it seem like we should be when in fact the only way to address a problem is to "address a problem", there is no "right way" to let people know that you are offended, but I know from experience the best way is to be honest.

Nowadays, all Armenians advocate is to lay down and just die, we should just allow people to walk all over us and you know why this policy is advocated? Because it goes back to my earlier point, Armenians are not assimilating they are just adapting, it is more convinient to adapt and accept a cowards death, this is the convinient choice, but understand, it is not the right choice.

Essentially, the empires that oppressed Armenians may have taken away their properties and rights, but the most important blow to the Armenian people by these entities was the damage they did to the Armenian psyche. They extinguished our struggle for self determination, they tamed us. We are not able to build a state because state building requires self sacrifice, economic depression, war, famine, any downturn must be embraced for the "greater good of the state".
          we were victimized because we were divided by our own leadership. and we continue to be divided today in the name of dogmas that are lies...and a house divided against itself cannot stand. let's put the blame where it belongs. / ara

Comment

we were victimized because we were divided by our own leadership. and we continue to be divided today in the name of dogmas that are lies...and a house divided against itself cannot stand. let's put the blame where it belongs. / ara
            Dogmas? What are these "dogmas" that divide us? I am confused can you explain what "dogmas" these are? Are they religious dogmas? No, are they racial dogmas? No, are they ethnic dogmas? No, can you please explain to me what these "dogmas" are and how are they "dividing us"?

And I do blame the leaders, I have always blamed the leaders, but the leader is no good if he has no followers. The problem is just this, Armenians are not motivated to follow anyone, they beleive the individual is greater than the state.

Also, my point is that you have a people that were and are oppressed to a point that they refuse to fight, they have no fire in them anymore, this is the truth, they will just stagnate and go into decline if somone fails to lite the fire within them.
            Last edited by Virgil; 11-30-2007, 02:05 PM.

Comment

For the sake of all reason, stop blaming leaders of men for what we are! Who planted them in the first place?!
              "Besides, no one can save a nation that has condemned itself to the death of a thousand self-inflicted cuts." That's how I read it.

Comment

Your comment makes no sense to me because the guy being quoted was a reporter - not a diplomat.

Again, in your attempts to be cheeky, you missed the point...or, perhaps you're avoiding meaningful dialogue as it doesn't suit your agenda.

Comment

Saturday, December 01, 2007
                  A CITIZEN OF THE WORLD
                  Aznavour in a recent interview published in PARIS MATCH on his “Benetton family”:
                  “We are of all colors and creeds. My daughter’s husband is Muslim, I am Gregorian, my wife is Protestant. With such a family one is in a better position to understand other people’s problems. To have many cultures is great!”
                  On Reading:
                  “For an illiterate I am an avid reader. I have a huge library – all of Guitry and Simenon. At the moment I am rereading Proust for the third time. First time he was a pain…second time hard going…third time magnificent.”
                  On Politics:
                  “My wife threatens to divorce me if I ever run for office in Armenia.”
                  On Old Age:
                  “My age [83] is an interesting one. It doesn’t bother me one bit. But it seems to matter to others.”
                  On an Armenian Idiosyncrasy:
                  “In Armenia they all speak foreign languages. My mother spoke Greek and Turkish. My dad spoke Armenian and Russian. Though not xxxish, he understood Yiddish. All his life he spoke French with an accent so thick you could cut it with a knife.”
                  #

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
                    Your comment makes no sense to me because the guy being quoted was a reporter - not a diplomat.

Again, in your attempts to be cheeky, you missed the point...or, perhaps you're avoiding meaningful dialogue as it doesn't suit your agenda.
                    my point is that we have been and continue to be deficient in understanding the meaning of words in a diplomatic context. yours seem to be that i have an agenda. it is a mistake to read between the lines at the expense of the lines. / ara

Comment

Wouldn't it be better to be up front with your thoughts in the first place? "Reading in between the lines" is not only an inefficient way of facilitating diolauge, but it also gets stale after a while - especialy when what you are trying to say is less than obvious.

Comment

Working...
                      X