Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes / comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: notes / comments

“aghber,” meaning brother. The fact that aghber also means trash in Armenian may well be a pure coincidence

Actually "aghber" or "aghper" (in eastern dialect) only means brother not trash, the word you are thinking of, or whoever told you, is akhp which means trash.

What about me? Am I a good Armenian? Am I even an Armenian? I don’t know and I no longer care to know.
    If you no longer care then do not ask, and the answer is quite clear. NO, you are the furthest thing from an ARmenian!
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
      Actually "aghber" or "aghper" (in eastern dialect) only means brother not trash, the word you are thinking of, or whoever told you, is akhp which means trash.

If you no longer care then do not ask, and the answer is quite clear. NO, you are the furthest thing from an ARmenian!
      Why bother replying to this esh? He is dead inside.

Comment

He's not dead inside. Don't rate him for his lack of patriotism. He knows a great deal but he's not your friend. You can learn a thing or two from him though about western culture in the arts, and I do get to read a lot of quotes from many authors that I find interesting. It's also good to know, if you're interested in hearing it, what he has to say on writing as a career from his perspective.

So he doesn't like corruption and deceit and doesn't have an appreciation for Armenian geopolitics, and doesn't care to call himself an Armenian based on his understanding of what that word signifies. Feel free to rebuke his claims on Armenia and Armenians. What I don't like is how we all feel compelled in these forums to dehumanize each other, and I do it myself. I wonder if we'll ever grow up and settle our scores without resorting to this. Maybe not... after all, this name calling game seems to be pretty efficient for getting your message across.

Comment

You can learn a thing or two from him though about western culture in the arts
          We don't need to listen to an old fart in order to learn about western culture in the arts. A simple book is more entertaining and less troublesome.

So he doesn't like corruption and deceit and doesn't have an appreciation for Armenian geopolitics, and doesn't care to call himself an Armenian based on his understanding of what that word signifies.
          I highly doubt any members (except turks) here support corruption or deceit, and while many here do not see eye to eye, only one constantly posts anti Armenian articles, and defames our langauge, people, culture, and history. And if he doesn't consider himself Armenian, what is he doing here?
          Last edited by Armanen; 02-28-2008, 06:22 PM.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Let's not give this Ara Baliozian character the satisfaction of thinking that he is one of our writers and/or intellectuals. As far as a writer is concerned, Ara is only worthy of being considered a mediocre writer, at best. As far as his intellect is concerned, Ara is an intellectual midget. And as far as him being an Armenian is concerned, Ara is not an Armenian. The aforementioned characteristics of Ara are the fundamental reasons why he has been rejected from Armenian society. While Armenians adore, even worship, their poets and writers - Kaputikyan, Sevag, Charents, Isahakian, Tumanyan, Ishkhan, Varujan, Raffi, Emin - just to name a few, this "Ara Baliozian" character remains virtually nameless. And this is the essential reason why we see his anger, his disgruntlement and his self-hate.

In Ara's twisted mind, had he been an American, a Canadian, or simply a westerner, he would have gained fame... However, since Ara writes for "Ottomanized Armenians" and "Gazetajis" he has gotten no where...

Nevertheless, this thread called "notes / comments" is essentially a depository of Ara's self-hate, egomania, delusion, hysteria and disgruntlement. As any self-respecting Armenian can see from his written crap, the depth of Ara's emotional/intellectual problems are bottomless. I personally read Ara's rants just to observe firsthand the kind of psychological damage diasporan Armenians suffer from. In short: Ara's written crap is nothing but the 'brain-farts' of a self-hating egomaniac living in the twilights of his life.

There are Armenians who assimilate and disappear without a trace. And then there are assimilated ones like Ara... The problem with his kind, however, is that once they 'assimilate' they continue sticking around to give us 'advise.'

If I was to describe Ara's literary work with one word it would undoubtedly be - GARBAGE

Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil View Post
              This coming from a man that makes lude generalizations, lacks any level of commonsense, and claims to be "educated", but can not grasp and apply basic economic and political theory, can be taken with a grain of salt. The reality is that you ignore how your opinions hurt others, but get offended when others step on your feelings, maybe it is time you start taking your own advice and realize that your statements insult some members on the message board. You can post opinions in a more schalorly and educated manner versus "all Armenians are this and all Armenians are that", chow.
              The senile fool in question is an intellectual midget, so I wouldn't expect much depth from him. Once you realize that this Ara Bozoian character is essentially an offspring of Ottoman whores, his written garbage would make perfect sense. More you push his buttons the worst he gets. His life long resentments and hate towards anything Armenian just pours out of him like a volcano. Keep pushing him, I want the readers here to see what this garbageman is really made of...
              Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Friday, February 29, 2008
                ON A FAMILIAR MISCONCEPTION
                Sometimes we forget that as products of authoritarian -- sometimes even brutally despotic – regimes, we are predisposed to view all criticism as negative, unnecessary, and dangerous. Hence the frequently leveled charge against me that I am too tough on my fellow Armenians, which of course is not just a lie but also a Big Lie. If I am tough, it’s not against my fellow Armenians but only against our non-representative leaders and their dupes, which happen to be a minority for the simple reason that the overwhelming majority of Armenians are non-partisan, anti-partisan, alienated, and either assimilated or on their way there. Not to be critical would amount to adding hypocrisy to our previous list of failings by pretending to be we are in good hands and perhaps even we never had it so good.
                If you still think I am unfair to Armenians, I suggest you read Tolstoy on Russians, Mann on Germans, Sartre on his fellow Frenchmen, Raffi, Odian, Zarian, and Massikian on Armenians, and Naregatsi on himself. Here is another explanation as to why I am perceived as negative to the point of being anti-Armenian: We are all brought up to believe our leaders are our masters. But that is a misconception that our leaders have done their utmost to perpetuate. It is therefore up to us to remind them that far from being our masters they are our servants and they are there not to be feared or respected but to serve our interests. If we cannot do that, then we deserve to behave like sheep, and like sheep to be occasionally butchered.
                #

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
                  Bozoian
                  Quality of a nationalist.How creative word knowledge.
                  Last edited by garod; 02-29-2008, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
                    Friday, February 29, 2008
                    ON A FAMILIAR MISCONCEPTION
                    Sometimes we forget that as products of authoritarian -- sometimes even brutally despotic – regimes, we are predisposed to view all criticism as negative, unnecessary, and dangerous. Hence the frequently leveled charge against me that I am too tough on my fellow Armenians, which of course is not just a lie but also a Big Lie. If I am tough, it’s not against my fellow Armenians but only against our non-representative leaders and their dupes, which happen to be a minority for the simple reason that the overwhelming majority of Armenians are non-partisan, anti-partisan, alienated, and either assimilated or on their way there. Not to be critical would amount to adding hypocrisy to our previous list of failings by pretending to be we are in good hands and perhaps even we never had it so good.
                    If you still think I am unfair to Armenians, I suggest you read Tolstoy on Russians, Mann on Germans, Sartre on his fellow Frenchmen, Raffi, Odian, Zarian, and Massikian on Armenians, and Naregatsi on himself. Here is another explanation as to why I am perceived as negative to the point of being anti-Armenian: We are all brought up to believe our leaders are our masters. But that is a misconception that our leaders have done their utmost to perpetuate. It is therefore up to us to remind them that far from being our masters they are our servants and they are there not to be feared or respected but to serve our interests. If we cannot do that, then we deserve to behave like sheep, and like sheep to be occasionally butchered.
                    #
                    fair enough. I'm not particularily paranoid of your pessimism. I like to take it with a grain of salt... I look for holes and contradictions between the ideas of men, it's the only way to gain true insight on what is the most probable reality of a given situation. However, I have my prejudices on who is making a better case, based on which sources they use and what I make of their intentions by telling their message.
                    Last edited by jgk3; 02-29-2008, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Saturday, March 01, 2008
                      AGHBER (ii)
                      Where there is prejudice there will also be a power structure that either legitimizes it or ignores it.
                      I don’t write to entertain. I write to understand and explain reality, especially when reality is against us.
                      Nothing astonishes me more than the ease with which an Armenian thinks he is smarter or better informed than his fellow Armenian.
                      If you think you are smart, you will be disposed to think of others as less smart even when they are smarter than you.
                      Most Armenians respect bosses, bishops, and benefactors much more than intellectuals, poets, and academics. As for our academics, writers, vodanavorjis and ghazetajis: they do their utmost to deserve their contempt.
                      Frederick the Great once described a nation as “a beast with many tongues and many eyes,” and he is generally recognized as an enlightened king. He counted among his friends J.S. Bach and Voltaire, who, as far as I know, neither knew nor cared about each other. As for Frederick the Great: he loved music and literature, but he loved war and conquest even more.
                      Whenever I am told Armenians were the first nation to convert to Christianity, I am reminded of the saying, “A converted cannibal is one who, on Friday, eats only fishermen” (Emily Lotney).
                      To those who complain that I repeat myself, I have a suggestion. Read me only once a week, or even better, once a month. And if that doesn’t work, make it once a year. If you still catch me repeating myself, let me know and your money will be cheerfully refunded.
                      #

Comment

Working...
                      X