Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes / comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: notes / comments

Originally posted by arabaliozian
    Thursday, November 16, 2006
    REPEATING,
    REITERATING,
    RECAPITULATING
    Yeghishe (410-470): “If a nation is ruled by two kings, both the kings and the nation will perish.”
    Raffi (1835-1888): “An Armenian’s worst enemies are not odars but Armenians.”
    Raffi: “Armenians have no future in Turkey.”
    Raffi: “A people that does not like to read cannot be educated.”
    Raffi: “Sad is our past, and what is our present if not an extension of that past?”
    Raffi: “We are like sheep without a shepherd.”
    #
    You are learning well, by quoting selections from respected authors to legitimize your agenda. You keep improving like this and I can get you a job with the information office of the World Wide Hoodlum Union.

A divided nation condemns itself to slow-motion genocide.
    #
    Thanks to people like you.

Better to repeat an old truth than to invent new lies.
    #
    Do you get extra points for repeating old lies and failing to see new truths?

A nation whose victims outnumber its survivors should not brag about its genius for survival
    #
    What a hateful statement. I have never spoken to nor heard of any Genocide survivor brag about surviving. Are you capable of any empathy?

Comment

Yeghishe (410-470): “If a nation is ruled by two kings, both the kings and the nation will perish.
      Your kind would be the first ones to attack the 'one' king.

A divided nation condemns itself to slow-motion genocide.
      And you are the proud catalyst of this slow-motion genocide.

An Armenian’s worst enemies are not odars but Armenians
      Raffi meant Armenians like you are our enemy. Raffi was an ultra-Nationalist Armenian, not to mention an Armenian Pagan. Raffi would have spit on your face had he read some of the crap you produce.

In an anti-intellectual environment even an inbred moron will think he is smarter than a “mental masturbator.”
      In an intellectual environment an inbred moron would not have many supporters. And "metal masturbation" would best discribe many of your notes and comments.

Raffi: “Armenians have no future in Turkey.”
      Armenian have no future in the Diaspora. And you have no future in Armenian circles.

To be a prophet, all you need is to use your common sense and to read the writing on the wall.
      Had you been a prophet you would have seen the writing on the wall and left this board a long time ago.

Raffi: “A people that does not like to read cannot be educated.”
      Me: People who are 'blind' will never see.

Even the mightiest empire can be victimized by the weakest of nations if the empire is divided and the nation united.
      When the kind you represent disappears we Armenians will unite.

Raffi: “Sad is our past, and what is our present if not an extension of that past?”
      Raffi stated "sad is our past" because there were many Armenians who were essentially lap-dogs for 'otars' throughout our turbulent history. And the pathetic self-hating legacy of our lap-dogs continue even today.

Better to repeat an old truth than to invent new lies.
      In your case: Better to pick and choose proverbs to make your pathetic case, instead of facing reality like a man.

Raffi: “We are like sheep without a shepherd.”
      Me: We are a nation without nationalism. And like the great Sparapet Nzhteh said: A nation without nationalism is like a body without a soul.

A nation whose victims outnumber its survivors should not brag about its genius for survival.
      A nation that has been around thousands of years, despite countless disasters, can brag all it wants.
      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

I just had a great revelation confirming Armenian's assertion that Ara is a self hating Armenian.
        The essay titled "AN ARMENIAN PARADOX EXPLAINED" from http://arabaliozian.org/.
        By insulting Armenians Ara proves his own essay. I did not want to post it here without the author's permission and since he only responds to me with insults, there is no point in asking. Read it if you have time for a chuckle.

Comment

I admit it I am working late and bored. So I am reading some of Ara's work.

In response to "BORDELLO ETIQUETTE". I would say that I think Armenian's want a Bard more then an eccentric writer who thinks Armenians want to be told how to live.

Comment

Ara, "DISAGREEMENT ARMENIAN STYLE" may be your best work yet I have read. Accept this gutter hoodlum's criticism as the only type of flattery you understand.

Comment

My first and last post on this thread.

This is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard come out of an Armenian mouth (from the site gmd posted)

"4. In a letter from an Armenian poet: "After writing for Armenians all my life, I am beginning to hate the Turks less."

In other words, after having personal arguments, fights with Armenians, this scumbag hates Turks less for butchering Armenian mothers, grandads, children, etc. Is there any other way to see this? Anyone who smugly quotes such a hurtful thing is no less shameless than the author himself.

gmd, ay mart parap es mnacel, ay kezi dzandzruiti degh:
              Unleash the gamer in everyone

Comment

Սիրելի ընթերցողիս

Ընթերցողիս, որն ինձ մեղադրում է գաղափարներս տարածելու համար ինթերնետը չարաշահելու մեջ. - Հարգելի ընթերցող, Ենթադրում եմ, որ ձեզ վիրավորում է ոչ թե ինթերնետի իմ չարաշահումը, այլ խոսքի ազատությունն ընդհանրապես։ Դուք բոլոր հիմքերն ունեք կարոտելու սովետական հին, լավ տարիները (գուցե Այաթոլլահի Իրա՞նը) երբ իմ նմանին լռեցնելու համար կբավարարեր մեկ հեռախոսազանգ մոտակա կոմիսարին (կամ մոլլային):
                Sireli otaramol shurtvadz abazgayin antaghand andznavorutyunis,

Menk meghadrumenk kez vorovhetev ko nmanner@ misht yeghel en mer azgi davajannern. Menk meghadrumenk kez vorovhetev du mer azgi 'spitak tseghasbanutyan' hpart yev anamot masnakitsnerits es. Nayev menk kez meghadrumenk vorovhetev du ipr grogh mi anvorak, anmakartak yev antaghand mekn es. Yev shat urakh em vor duk vertchapes dzer iskakan gaghaparakhosakan hamozumner@ yev tser baroyakan makartak@ tsuyts tvetsik mer bolorin. Yete ko khosk@ vtankavor, kandich yev viravorakan ch'liner mer zhoghovurtin menk tkadz k'unenayink ko khoskeri vra. Sakayn, vor kan aten vor azgayinner kan mer hamaynki metch du hangisd piti ch'garoghanas gtnel, du miyamid unkndir piti ch'garoghanas khapel:

Akh, der inch asem... Tsavim im azgis Hayots vorovhetev ko nman yesaser inknahavan koroznerin tsnund e tvel:
                Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
                  My first and last post on this thread.

This is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard come out of an Armenian mouth (from the site gmd posted)

"4. In a letter from an Armenian poet: "After writing for Armenians all my life, I am beginning to hate the Turks less."

In other words, after having personal arguments, fights with Armenians, this scumbag hates Turks less for butchering Armenian mothers, grandads, children, etc. Is there any other way to see this? Anyone who smugly quotes such a hurtful thing is no less shameless than the author himself.

gmd, ay mart parap es mnacel, ay kezi dzandzruiti degh:
                  Unleash the gamer in everyone

www.i-am-bored.com
                  I'll have to check these sites from home. Blocked at work.

Shnorakalutzyun,

Garik
                  Last edited by gmd; 11-17-2006, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
                    Sireli otaramol shurtvadz abazgayin antaghand andznavorutyunis,

Menk meghadrumenk kez vorovhetev ko nmanner@ misht yeghel en mer azgi davajannern. Menk meghadrumenk kez vorovhetev du mer azgi 'spitak tseghasbanutyan' hpart yev anamot masnakitsnerits es. Nayev menk kez meghadrumenk vorovhetev du ipr grogh mi anvorak, anmakartak yev antaghand mekn es. Yev shat urakh em vor duk vertchapes dzer iskakan gaghaparakhosakan hamozumner@ yev tser baroyakan makartak@ tsuyts tvetsik mer bolorin. Yete ko khosk@ vtankavor, kandich yev viravorakan ch'liner mer zhoghovurtin menk tkadz k'unenayink ko khoskeri vra. Sakayn, vor kan aten vor azgayinner kan mer hamaynki metch du hangisd piti ch'garoghanas gtnel, du miyamid unkndir piti ch'garoghanas khapel:

Akh, der inch asem... Tsavim im azgis Hayots vorovhetev ko nman yesaser inknahavan koroznerin tsnund e tvel:
                    Brravo enker. That sums it up pretty well. Now that I am done with my long night of work I can say honestly that besides our many personal complaints on the content of his work, this guy Ara is far to repetative to remain entertaining. The guy writes what he does to get attention because he does not posses the skills to make an impact as an actual writer.

Comment

Friday, November 17, 2006
                      ON THE SPIRIT OF CONTRADICTION
                      The ambition of every underdog is to be a top dog, and the ambition of every fool is to be smart by pretending to know better -- to say in effect: “I may not be as big as you, but mine is bigger than yours.”
                      If I hold a mirror up to you and you don’t like what you see, am I to blame?
                      Some of our benefactors think of wealth as a blessing from above. They are not satisfied with being experts on how to make money; they also like to parade as makers of cultural policy and role models of ethical conduct. But they are no better than damn idiots if they think they can bribe the Good Lord by building churches.
                      Our political bosses are not satisfied with being “of no political use to us” (Zarian); they too compound the felony by making cultural policy. Hence, our unspeakable mediocrity in all fields of artistic endeavor. The very few who have achieved a modicum of success have been alienated outsiders.
                      I respect anyone who knows better, but my contempt for those who pretend to know better is without bounds. If I were a dictator I would go as far as declaring them guilty of a capital offense.
                      “Truth is a language that if not spoken is forgotten.”
                      I did not say that, Hagop Baronian did.
                      “The miracle is not that we survived our enemies; the real miracle is that we survived our leadership.”
                      I said that.
                      #

Comment

Working...
                      X