Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes / comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: notes / comments

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
    Fine then tell us who are our serious, well balanced and positive critics that do count and they would be beneficial for us in the long run. I am willing to have an open mind and an open heart to hear it and learn it.
    You just don't get it, do you?

You simply need to get on your hands and knees and worship the great philosopher/intellectual/humanitarian/poet/all-round misunderstood nice guy - Ara. The literary waste (crap) he has produced throughout his life is collecting dust and he continues to be a nobody. In essence, he is a pompous diva without a stage, without an audience. He simply wants attention...

So, why don't you humor him.

PS: Who gives a damn what Lord Byron, or any other individuals for that matter, has said about Armenians? I don't need to feel good about my heritage based on what individuals have claimed about us. If you want a commentary on Armenians then derive one by yourself.
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
      You just don't get it, do you?

You simply need to get on your hands and knees and worship the great philosopher/intellectual/humanitarian/poet/all-round misunderstood nice guy - Ara. The literary waste (crap) he has produced throughout his life is collecting dust and he continues to be a nobody. In essence, he is a pompous diva without a stage, without an audience. He simply wants attention...

So, why don't you humor him.

PS: Who gives a damn what Lord Byron, or any other individuals for that matter, has said about Armenians? I don't need to feel good about my heritage based on what individuals have claimed about us. If you want a commentary on Armenians then derive one by yourself.
      I see, thanks for your "shinich" input; but thanks no thanks; I'll wait to see who are those writers/philosophers, etc. etc. etc. who happened to be great Armenian critics, so he says.

I know of one low life degenerate writer that once said on the stage that "Armenians should be annihilated every now and then to learn to be better nationalists". Some men from the audience revolted, booed him and they almost went up the stage to beat him up and he would've deserved it too.

Comment

Wednesday, July 18, 2007
        AD HOMINEM
        At no time have I been remotely tempted to silence fellow Armenians who hold views opposite to mine, not because I am tolerant by nature or morally superior to anyone, but because I never had the power to do so. Which is why I suspect all power. If I don’t trust myself with power, I see no reason why I should trust anyone else, least of all the scum of the earth parading as la crème de la crème.
        #

Comment

what follows is a very short list of eminent armenian writers who have criticized their fellow armenians:
          Movses Khorenatsi
          Yeghishe,
          Raffi,
          Zohrab,
          Baronian,
          Odian,
          Zarian,
          Massikian --
          if you can't find the books of these writers, i suggest you read my DICTIONARY OF ARMENIAN QUOTATIONS. /ara

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
            what follows is a very short list of eminent armenian writers who have criticized their fellow armenians:
            Movses Khorenatsi
            Yeghishe,
            Raffi,
            Zohrab,
            Baronian,
            Odian,
            Zarian,
            Massikian --
            if you can't find the books of these writers, i suggest you read my DICTIONARY OF ARMENIAN QUOTATIONS. /ara
            The only one of these writers is Raffi. I have all his books; but the rest I don't have them. My guess would be our early historical blunders of our Princes constantly fighting amongst themselves and against their king for more authority, land, to be king, etc. etc. etc. Constantly being jealous of each other and the rest is history as we know it today.

But the others I don't own them nor do I have access to them. Searching for them and trying to own them will be expensive. But please Ara how may I have hold of your DICTIONARY OF ARMENIAN QUOTATIONS. If you want to sell it to me, I'll buy it. Thanks.

Anoush
            Last edited by Anoush; 07-18-2007, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Movses Khorenatsi
              Yeghishe,
              Raffi,
              Zohrab,
              Baronian,
              Odian,
              Zarian,
              Massikian --
              To begin with, at the very least, the names you have posted above were talented and in some cases genius writers - very unlike you.

Nevertheless, since when are we judging Armenian politics, history and heritage based on what "writers" have to say? Being talented in the arts does not mean one is a patriot, nor does it mean they are right when it comes to politics, history, etc.

Moreover, constructive criticism and legitimate "objective" complaints are not the problem here. The problem here with you is your deep rooted self-hate, that which you posses in great abundance, that which is a part of your very makeup. What's more, many of our writers, as talented as they were, they still suffered from the centuries long subjugation the Armenian people had to face.

Finally, a nationalist writer like Raffi, who's feet you are not even worthy of washing, would have spat on your so-called writings. Raffi, let me remind, you bitterly complained about self-hating Armenians - like you. And he saw your type leading us to annihilation. And it's still funny how you throw yourself in along great names.

Like the Armenian saying goes: Even if you cut-off your ear you won't turn into another Van Gogh...

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post

And who the hell cares about your stupid Hoffer's comments about being in power and further lying for it. Get with it.

Power is evil as far as I am concerned and so is lying.

Lord Byron's comments are far better than your stupid Hoffer's comments.

Comment

The only one of these writers is Raffi. I have all his books; but the rest I don't have them. My guess would be our early historical blunders of our Princes constantly fighting amongst themselves and against their king for more authority, land, to be king, etc. etc. etc. Constantly being jealous of each other and the rest is history as we know it today.

But the others I don't own them nor do I have access to them. Searching for them and trying to own them will be expensive. But please Ara how may I have hold of your DICTIONARY OF ARMENIAN QUOTATIONS. If you want to sell it to me, I'll buy it. Thanks.

Anoush
                  your best bet is through interlibrary loan.
                  if that fails, abril bookstore in Glendale or is it Hollywood? -- they can be contacted by e-mail. for their e-mail address, try to google them. good luck!/ara

Comment

your best bet is through interlibrary loan.
                    if that fails, abril bookstore in Glendale or is it Hollywood? -- they can be contacted by e-mail. for their e-mail address, try to google them. good luck!/ara
                    Thanks Ara, I will try them.

Anoush

Comment

And who the hell cares about your stupid Hoffer's comments about being in power and further lying for it. Get with it.
                      Who the hell cares what someone like you says. Get with it, girl...

Power is evil as far as I am concerned and so is lying.
                      Wow, I'm impressed, you should publish that statement...

Lord Byron's comments are far better than your stupid Hoffer's comments.
                      One has nothing to do with the other, your point is senseless, and Mars is far better than your stupid "Venus"

Նժդեհ

Comment

Working...
                      X