Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes / comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: notes / comments

Sunday, July 22, 2007
    WHY I DISCUSS OUR PROBLEMS
    ON ODAR FORUMS
    Because all men are brothers and we Armenians are members of the same family known as mankind.
    Because I am a human being first and an Armenian second, and if my understanding of our problems, and by extension of the human condition, is right, then I prefer to share it with all of mankind as opposed to a small fraction of it.
    Because I know what it means to be a human being. As for being an Armenian: there are probably as many definitions of it as there are Armenians.
    Because our problems are universal in so far as all nations, including the mightiest empires, have experienced divisions and defeats.
    Because at all times and everywhere underdogs outnumber top dogs and entire continents today are populated by present and former refugees and victims of intolerance, persecution, poverty, starvation, war and massacre; and because every human being alive today has experienced hatred, injustice, and discrimination.
    Because there is some degree of corruption and incompetence in all power structures for the simple reason that power corrupts both the powerful and the weak, and very often the weak more than the powerful.
    Because I want our editors and moderators to know that their power goes only as far as their own diminutive backyards and their efforts to violate my fundamental human right of free speech are destined to be self-defeating and to boomerang.
    Finally, I discuss our problems whenever and wherever I am given the opportunity to do so because not to do so would amount to covering them up and I reject that option as cowardly; I also believe a bigger audience enhances the probability of being corrected when wrong.
    #

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
      To my gentle readers:
      your views will enjoy more authority if you stop hiding behind false names.
      no one respects the words of a coward! / ara
      You are sadly mistaken if you think we were your "readers". We were simply spitting on you and your vomit-inducing "writings" but it seems you still think it's raining.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
        You are sadly mistaken if you think we were your "readers". We were simply spitting on you and your vomit-inducing "writings" but it seems you still think it's raining.
        civilized people do not spit.
        cowards on the other hand are capable of anything, including spitting in public and anonymously at that. / ara

Comment

Monday, July 23, 2007
          xxxxxES, PIMPS, AND MORONS
          “A war against terrorism such as we have seen is an oxymoron undertaken by morons,” writes Gerry Spence in BLOODTHIRSTY xxxxxES AND PIOUS PIMPS OF POWER (New York, 2006), which in my view is one of the very best books ever written about the conservative movement in America today with particular emphasis on such “talking heads” as Nancy Grace (may she rest in peace), Jerry Falwell (ditto), Ann Coulter, Bill O’Reilly, and Pat Robertson. Elsewhere Spence quotes the following words by Rosa Parks: “People, not governments, bring change.” Further down: “A revolution begins not with guns but with a revolution of thought. A revolution of thought begins with a revolution of knowledge. A revolution of knowledge requires that people be fully informed. But here again we face a nearly impossible obstacle: the media that informs the people is also owned by the corporate King.”
          Only a thoroughly brainwashed Armenian will assert our own leadership has been and continues to be less dogmatic, more tolerant of dissent, and less moronic. Which is why I feel justified in asserting: unless we thoroughly de-Ottomanize and de-Stalinize ourselves, mart bidi ch’ellank.
          #

Comment

To my gentle readers:
            your views will enjoy more authority if you stop hiding behind false names.
            no one respects the words of a coward! / ara
            Ara; are you not a coward yourself or simply a traitor when you go to "odar", such as at Jewish Forums to overly and unjustly criticize us Armenians (and your own kind)? Are you trying to brownose Jews; because they hold all the powerful seats and estates of the most powerful and the civilized countries of the world? I truly wonder.

Anoush
            Last edited by Anoush; 07-23-2007, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Tuesday, July 24, 2007
              LIES IN POLITICS
              In Robert Dallek’s NIXON AND KISSINGER: PARTNERS IN POWER (New York, 2007) we are told that, as a translator in Germany after World War II, Kissinger learned the following lesson from camp survivors: “Impulses to dwell on past horrors would produce sorrow and self-pity, which were forms of ‘weakness’ that were ‘synonymous with death’” (page 39). Elsewhere Dallek quotes William Safire to the effect that both Nixon and Kissinger were “convinced that consistent lying can be the right thing for the country” (page 615). We are also informed here that they lied not only to the people but also to each other as well as to themselves – by believing in their own ‘image’, which, like all images, bears little relation to reality. This may suggest that in politics, and by extension history, the truth is constantly hidden from us and by the time it is revealed – if at all – it is too late because by then the damage is done and no one on earth has the power to unring the bell or resurrect the dead. As for those who say, perhaps even believe, that all politicians lie except ours: I envy their innocence but I have nothing but contempt for their loyalty, because loyalty to men, when it overrides loyalty to truth, is essentially a fascist concept.
              #

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
                Ara; are you not a coward yourself or simply a traitor when you go to "odar", such as at Jewish Forums to overly and unjustly criticize us Armenians (and your own kind)? Are you trying to brownose Jews; because they hold all the powerful seats and estates of the most powerful and the civilized countries of the world? I truly wonder.

Anoush
                i do not consider being honest treason. on the contrary: lying or being afraid of the truth, i consider cowardly and an act worthy of traitors.

Comment

i do not consider being honest treason. on the contrary: lying or being afraid of the truth, i consider cowardly and an act worthy of traitors.
                  I used the words traitor to you because you should not go around to our enemies and say some unrealistic adjectives and unrealistically criticizing about your own nationality and your own people to your enemies or nationalities that can use your own Armenian people against us.

You would unjustly or over criticize your people and you would call that honesty and patriotism? Think again. You can criticize; but you can also say and stress our good points too. We happen to have them as well you know. But never to "odar" Forums. In psychology; a human being cannot be told you're stupid, you're malicious, you're bad all the time. Then how and how can you expect that person to act better when you are constantly instilling in him continuously that he is bad. Then he will start beleiving more and more that he is; even when he is not.

The positive and the right path is to give bits and pieces of the good and the bad; then you'll have a more listened to audience and whom will respect you and will listen to you for the long haul.

Anoush
                  Last edited by Anoush; 07-24-2007, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
                    Any one of these Armenian or "odar" Forums allow you to create another name for yourself; thus if what you said was true then every one of these people were traitors? I think you better think again and speak intelligently if you can.

I used the words traitor to you because you do not go around to our enemies and say some unrealistic adjectives and unrealistically criticizing about your own nationality and your own people to your enemies or nationalities that can use your own Armenian people against them.

Do not be surprised then when most of us including myself would justly call you a traitor; because you are acting like it.

You would unjustly or over criticize your people and you would call that honesty and patriotism??? Think again. You can criticize; but you can also say and stress our good points too. We happen to have them as well you know. In psychology, a human being cannot be told you're stupid, you're malicious, you're bad all the time. Then how and how can you expect that person to act better when you are constantly instilling in him and continuously that he is bad. Then he will start beleiving more and more that he is; even when he is not.

The positive and the right path is to give bits and pieces of the good and the bad; then you'll have a more listened to audience and whom will respect you and will listen to you.
                    My own nationality is the planet earth and all of mankind.
                    instead of attacking my person you should attack my ideas. / ara

Comment

My own nationality is the planet earth and all of mankind.
                      instead of attacking my person you should attack my ideas. / ara
                      I am not attacking you but that you're not thinking clearly of over criticizing us and then going onto "odar" Forums and criticizing us some more. I don't think at all that this is right.

And read above my notes about how it is better psychologically to give bits and pieces of the good and the bad; then you'll succeed in having more open minded listeners who will favour you more and thus will listen to you better, making your works and deeds more successful for them and for you.

Anoush

Comment

Working...
                      X