Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Oneness doctrine vs The holy Trinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be back.I have so much to say.Gohar I like the mind thrilling substances on your posts hahah.

I shell thank Mister Twister (aka mouse) for introducing you to our forum.You are a real asset. Pardon me, I am off topic.

We all need to recover our gravities.
    I'm a monstrous mass of vile, foul & corrupted matter.

Comment

Originally posted by !EEK
      But I can't really conclude anything because there's one notion that misses any clear explanations for me: The Holy Spirit. How could we define the two others without knowing this one.

Eek dear I have been thinking about this since you posted this comment. Even though I know Sleuth would do a better job then me by answering this question, I am going to give it a try. If I am wrong she can correct me once again. Or anyone else if you guys know about this. By the way I know I'm going to go back and forth with ideas. Again I need to do this so I can reallly understand all of it.

I always thought who is the Holy Spirit. Who is this person? Is He an "It"? Is He just a force? I guess I took it literally thinking it was really some kind of Spirit floating around. I think Scripture is quite clear that the Holy Spirit is not a force to be manipulated, nor is He an "active force" that God somehow extends outside Himself to move in the world. I dont think that the Holy Spirit is an "it." If you look at Act 2:1-4, it states: “When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. And suddenly from heaven there came a sound like the rush of a violent wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. Divided tongues, as of fire, appeared among them, and a tongue rested on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other languages, as the Spirit gave them ability.” When I first read this I thought the Holy Spirit is a person. But I remember asking my professor about this. I told him it seems like a person to me. And it seems like the Holy Spirit has some sort of power. He stated that wasnt so. He said for example, Satan is evil, but evil is not Satan. God is love, but Love is not God. The Holy Spirit has come as power and as force, but He is not power or force. So I told him, well then if that is the case its obvious that the the Holy Spirit is God.

My professor actually told me to look at a few things in the Bible which I highlighted that made me think He (The Holy Spirit) is a person. After looking these up I found two things in 1st Corinthians which might prove this. The first one was 1st Corinthians 2:10-11 and it states: “these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. For what human being knows what is truly human except the human spirit that is within? So also no one comprehends what is truly God’s except the Spirit of God.” Which shows that the Holy Spirit has insight. The other one show that he has some sort of will. 1 Corinthians12:11: “All these are activated by one and the same Spirit, who allots to each one individually just as the Spirit chooses.” I haven’t found other things yet, I guess I should be reading a little more.

NOW, to go back to my first idea that the the Holy Spirit is God. The reason why I said the Holy Spirit is a person, is because some of His attributes and actions seems like a person would do. Just as any human being can do these things so can God.

In the Old Testament God reveals Himself through the Prophets. But in the New Testament he does this through His Son (Jesus Christ). God has revealed Himself to us time and time again. He even continues to do that today through the Holy Spirit, which is God Himself.

I think the reason why I understand the Holy Spirit in this way is because He “caused the virgin birth of christ.” (If that makes sense). It was God himself that this is.

Anywho, Eek I hope you got what I am saying. Sorry to jump back and forth.

And Sleuth, thank you for the kind words. You're so sweet. *hugs*...hehehe.
      Last edited by XxgoeyxX; 01-01-2005, 10:43 PM.
      You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

Originally posted by XxgoeyxX
        Eek dear I have been thinking about this since you posted this comment. Even though I know Sleuth would do a better job then me by answering this question, I am going to give it a try. If I am wrong she can correct me once again. Or anyone else if you guys know about this. By the way I know I'm going to go back and forth with ideas. Again I need to do this so I can reallly understand all of it.

I always thought who is the Holy Spirit. Who is this person? Is He an "It"? Is He just a force? I guess I took it literally thinking it was really some kind of Spirit floating around. I think Scripture is quite clear that the Holy Spirit is not a force to be manipulated, nor is He an "active force" that God somehow extends outside Himself to move in the world. I dont think that the Holy Spirit is an "it." If you look at Act 2:1-4, it states: “When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. And suddenly from heaven there came a sound like the rush of a violent wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. Divided tongues, as of fire, appeared among them, and a tongue rested on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other languages, as the Spirit gave them ability.” When I first read this I thought the Holy Spirit is a person. But I remember asking my professor about this. I told him it seems like a person to me. And it seems like the Holy Spirit has some sort of power. He stated that wasnt so. He said for example, Satan is evil, but evil is not Satan. God is love, but Love is not God. The Holy Spirit has come as power and as force, but He is not power or force. So I told him, well then if that is the case its obvious that the the Holy Spirit is God.

My professor actually told me to look at a few things in the Bible which I highlighted that made me think He (The Holy Spirit) is a person. After looking these up I found two things in 1st Corinthians which might prove this. The first one was 1st Corinthians 2:10-11 and it states: “these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. For what human being knows what is truly human except the human spirit that is within? So also no one comprehends what is truly God’s except the Spirit of God.” Which shows that the Holy Spirit has insight. The other one show that he has some sort of will. 1 Corinthians12:11: “All these are activated by one and the same Spirit, who allots to each one individually just as the Spirit chooses.” I haven’t found other things yet, I guess I should be reading a little more.

NOW, to go back to my first idea that the the Holy Spirit is God. The reason why I said the Holy Spirit is a person, is because some of His attributes and actions seems like a person would do. Just as any human being can do these things so can God.

In the Old Testament God reveals Himself through the Prophets. But in the New Testament he does this through His Son (Jesus Christ). God has revealed Himself to us time and time again. He even continues to do that today through the Holy Spirit, which is God Himself.

I think the reason why I understand the Holy Spirit in this way is because He “caused the virgin birth of christ.” (If that makes sense). It was God himself that this is.

Anywho, Eek I hope you got what I am saying. Sorry to jump back and forth.

And Sleuth, thank you for the kind words. You're so sweet. *hugs*...hehehe.

Brilliant.

Goey, I am so proud of you..You just nailed it!!.whatever I say after this post will be way to reduntante.The only thing is Holy Spirit is God's active force.Thats what I believe.

A) God is only one (god the father)
        B) God the son (Jesus)
        C) God the holy Ghost( which I believe is Gods power)

As I stated above the Holy spirit (Ghost) is not a person; it is God's active force.

Acts 2;18 (even on my servants ,both men and women,I will pour out my SPIRIT .....)

Matt 3 :11 (And when Jesus had been baptized,just as he came up from the water,suddenly the heavans were opened to him and he saw the Spirit of GOD
        desending like a dove and alighting on him.)
        This proves that he gave his Son the power (his force) to act.Before he was just a Son of man.If it makes sense to you.
        I'm a monstrous mass of vile, foul & corrupted matter.

Comment

I just realized that you had already pointed out that the Holy Spirit was Gods power.

It makes complete sense to me. Especially Matt 3: 11 when Jesus was baptized. I understand it now. The dove, which was the Holy Spirit, gave him that “force or power.” Very good Sleuth., thank you.

Now expect more questions from me. I know I’ll be lost about something else. Thank you for your help.
          You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

Can someone explain to me why Jesus had to die "for our sins"?

I can't seem to get myself to read the bible completely. I find myself not wanting to read it, nor try to understand it because I feel that it's full of xxxx.

But, would someone explain there understanding of the "dying for our sins" part?

Comment

Originally posted by spiral
              Can someone explain to me why Jesus had to die "for our sins"?

I can't seem to get myself to read the bible completely. I find myself not wanting to read it, nor try to understand it because I feel that it's full of xxxx.

But, would someone explain there understanding of the "dying for our sins" part?
              Something gives me the feeling that God realized he screwed up by giving persons with animal instincts and hormonal urges the amount of freedom he did. He could no longer blame them for their evil, especially since he also created a world in which scarcity dictates that some people will get what they need and others will not, and usually the person willing to bend the rules wins out. After all this, he came to his sense and realized he was the one that needed to be punished. That and he felt guilty for his whole flood worldwide genocide thing, maybe for killing all of the innocent children of Egypt as well. Clearly, there needed to be an atonement.

Comment

Working...
              X