Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

String Theory....Multiple Dimensions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• String Theory....Multiple Dimensions....

Anyone ever heard of this? Supposedly, string theory says that neutrons and protons found in atoms are made of these boucing or vibrating strings and due to the frequence they display the matter that we see. It says that different dimensions can exists cause of this, up to 20 or so I think. The frequency of those strings are different and each level of frequency can have its own dimension.

Anyone actually believe in this? It was mathematiclly proven, but do you think its legit?

Well, if it was in fact "proven" then I would have no choice but to accept it. The question now is: how was it "proven"?

My mother is a mathematician working on her MS right now and she doesnt believe this. I spoke to her about dimentions earlier this year and she talked about time possibly being its own dimention, but not totally accepted. With time, the total would not be even close to 20.

I would like to know who did the work on this....lets look up "String Theory"...

Comment

no my opinion says that's entirely not possible. haha get it , im being sarcastic. you just said it was mathematically proven. Actually isn't string theory stephen hawking's deal? Anyway yes I beleive it. Mainly not becaue of math or science, but because of the mind. What if there is a shape or direction that is impossible to imagine? I beleive the human mind leaves the microscope in the dark. We don't need science to piece together reality, soon it will all be done w/ our imaginations. Einstein said his theory of relativity originally began w/ his wondering as a young child what it would be like to travel along at the speed of light right next to a beam of light.

Comment

Mad, if it was proven then it would not be called "theory", now that my brain is turned on! lol

Here is the "official String Theory site" http://superstringtheory.com/

Comment

Nah I don't think Stephen Hawkings came up with this one...It was some other guy, I forgot his name, but it was mathematically proven by these two mathematicans. They have a formula for these that basically "defy" the universe. Kinda like a basic formula for the universe.

Armobarbi...how can time be its own dimension though? I thought it belonged in the same group as height, lenght, etc...

Comment

This must be why it hasnt been accepted, but there is talk of considering it its own dimention because it can bend space (something like that anyway) I have never studied this. I just know from casual conversation. Wanna look it up? lol

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoBarbi
              Mad, if it was proven then it would not be called "theory", now that my brain is turned on! lol

Here is the "official String Theory site" http://superstringtheory.com/
              Yeah you right its not proven...yet. They still have to prove that these "string" do infact exist. I think their tryin to separate a graviton from a hydrogen or somethin like that. Your right though its not really proven. But with a mathematical back up like that it should be proven in the future.

Comment

That would be huge. I think with time there are only 4 dimentions (again, I havent studied this). From 4 to 20...

Comment

Wow that string theory website is confusing. One day I hope I just understand it all in my sleep.

Comment

4-20...thats huge. I can't even imagine what they can be...I mean you got up down, left to right...what can be more than that?

thai samurai...I know man...all this type of thing are interesting, but dammn confusing.

Comment

Working...
                    X