Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Can women ever lead or teach? A Christian perspective..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can women ever lead or teach? A Christian perspective..

This is rich. I guess we will have to remove women as teachers in all of our schools eh? etc ..and remember girls...the Christian concept of marriage - as is espoused by the words of the (traditional) marriage ritual (that some here advocate elevating above the legal (civil) definition - is the woman as the property of the man..."to love and obey" - Isn't that right now?

excerpts:

Can Women Govern?
    Can Women be: Preachers, Elders, Teachers, Governors, Magistrates, Generals, Presidents, King and other such like positions, high or low, ruling over mankind?

the uncompromising clear Biblical answer is: NO

woman was created FOR the man, (and not the other way around as we see implemented today) to be his helper as stated in Genesis: And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. (Genesis 2:18) The woman was meant to be the help meet for him, not his controller, nor his peer. A helper, by definition, cannot be superior to the one he helps, nor his equal. If the grammar is true, it is clear that the woman only exists in function of man, i.e. without the man there would have been NO reason for woman to exist. Can anything be plainer?

Woman was made for the man as his helper, not his equal, nor his governor, indeed he is the controller and her head: But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. (1 Corinthians 11:3)

how can we possibly establish women over men, both in the church and in the world? and still maintain the Precepts of God, Impossible

This concept is also repeated in the New Testament by these famous verses (much distorted, if referred to at all, by modern expositors): 11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I do not allow a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived; but the woman, being deceived, was in the transgression. (1 Timothy 2:11-14)

We note:

Woman has to learn in silence, this means she is to learn, which, by default, excludes her from teaching, and in quietness as pertaining to a person in subjection,

not allow a woman to teach. This confirms the point above and below. The word "teach" (didasko) in the Greek means:
    To teach
    Keep a discourse
    Instruct others
    Impart instructions (govern)
    Be teachers
    Instil doctrine in others
    Explain, expose theories, ideas,
    In this it is clearly deducible that to teach it is also to govern.

nor to usurp authority over the man, This means that woman cannot have authority over man, in any circumstance, and if she does she usurp the God given role of headship given to man,

but to be in silence, her submissive role reiterated,

for Adam was first formed, then Eve, The first reason for the woman submission to the man is here stated by the creation order and the functional positions confirmed, going back to Genesis, as explained above, (Adam being first formed and the head)

And Adam was not deceived; but the woman, being deceived, was in the transgression, The second reason (again referring to events in Genesis) as to why the woman is subjected to the man and the prohibition for woman to teach is because the advice she gave to Adam caused him to err and thus the whole human race was plunged into sin, that is another reason why woman cannot teach or rule.

even as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives to their own husbands in everything. (Ephesians 5:24)

Another area hardly mentioned is the 10th Commandment: You shall not covet your neighbour's house; you shall not covet your neighbour's wife, or his male slave, or his slave-girl, or his ox, or his ass, or anything which belongs to your neighbour. (Exodus 20:17) In this we see the wife being listed with the belongings of the neighbour, a thing that will horrify both democracy and the feminists and very many weak men, and yet the concept of possession is clearly stated in the single sentence of the 10th Commandment. Is the 10th Commandment done away with the advent of democracy? Is God mocked?

I wonder what this will mean for all those home schoolers? Guess Dad will be staying home from now on eh?

Always such paradox....

Comment

Wino, when I saw this title I thought that someone here was actually posing that question! What a relief! lol

The whole idea is absurd. This is just one more reason why I dont reguard the Bible as anything more than literature inspired and written by human beings.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoBarbi
        Wino, when I saw this title I thought that someone here was actually posing that question! What a relief! lol
        well glad your (likely) too young for a heart attack! ...and you should know me by now...(if you noticed it was I who started this thread)

The whole idea is absurd. This is just one more reason why I dont reguard the Bible as anything more than literature inspired and written by human beings.
        Agreed - but would you mind a slight correction? Lets replace "human beings" with "men" - and patriarchial - lets codify our system of dominance men at that....OK?

Comment

Point accepted.

Comment

Point accepted.
            Hey - were really staring to click (after a bit of a rocky start)..

Actually - and in all seriousness - you are one of the many (OK..at least several) young folks here (and not all of them gals...but mostly...but that is really beside the point/incidental...) that impressed me with your insight - even if we do sometimes/often...perhaps even mostly (don't know) disagree on things...

Comment

Very articulate

Comment

Very articulate
                but of course! - not bad for a guy eh? ...as we ussualy can't see much beyond the length of our.......

Comment

short hair?
                  big noses?
                  slimy boogers?
                  Come on winoman, finish your sentence, length of our ????????? J/k LOL

I didn't read the whole thing, but I TOTALLY AGREE WITH IT!!!! NOTTTTTT! It's shocking what some people say or write!

Comment

Originally posted by EYYBABA23
                    short hair?
                    big noses?
                    slimy boogers?
                    Come on winoman, finish your sentence, length of our ????????? J/k LOL

I didn't read the whole thing, but I TOTALLY AGREE WITH IT!!!! NOTTTTTT! It's shocking what some people say or write!
                    I didnt read it all either - why waste our time? lol We know how it goes...

Comment

Working...
                    X