Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

War in The Middle East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: War in The Middle East

I heard the Lebanese army has 100,000 men

is that correct?

Comment

if you (not anyone posting just in general) were george bush you'd think someone should just get on the phone, tell them to stop this sh**, and all is fine. ??????????

i stand by the week and this particular violence is done post. better be!

Comment

Originally posted by Fedayeen
        I heard the Lebanese army has 100,000 men

is that correct?
        no its half that, that used to be when we had military service, not anymore.

Comment

Dear All

PLease Circulate This:

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by The Abyss
            Dear All

PLease Circulate This:

Regards
            children touching bombs. and worse.
            people need to see these images. thanks for posting them tho very graphic. people must see and know what they don't see.

this can't continue!
            Last edited by OMG; 07-19-2006, 12:43 AM.

Comment

switzerland. every country on earth can learn from them. peace. neutral.

Comment

Re: War in the Middle East

Originally posted by D3ADSY
                Btw, good video, but why can't we call them by their Armenian word, "haydouk ". We are the only Christian people to use the word Fedayi/Fedayeen/etc.
                Wiki says:
                Fedayeen (from the Arabic fidā'ī, plural fidā'īyīn, فدائيون: "one who is ready to sacrifice his life") describes several distinct, primarily Arab groups at different times in history.
                D3ADSY

Haiduk is not an Armenian word.

The true Armenian word for Fedayeen is MAHAPART!

It has been in use for centuries from Avarayr to Sardarapat and Artsakh.
                Last edited by HayotzAmrotz; 07-19-2006, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OMG
                  switzerland. every country on earth can learn from them. peace. neutral.
                  those who keep bloody money in their banks you mean?

Comment

my point was about neutrality for peacekeeping

every administration in the us has sent people to hear all sides of the story and try to work out something with all sides. i think that this administration should also and not -take sides-

it seems to me that (not taking sides in this) is certainly in the interest of everyone, including those inclined to take sides

this wave of violence just needs to end very soon, and will. period.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                      I personally disagree with the above analysis for two reasons: 1. There is no conclusive proof that Iran is actively engaged in acquiring nuclear weapons (nuclear energy being a different matter) and, supposedly, if we take the word of their faith that the Koran forbids the use and possession of such weapons.
                      True, no conclusive proof. But logic will suggest that Iran, seeing the writing on the wall, will attempt to develop nuclear technology as a way to deter aggression from Washington DC and Tel Aviv in the future. It was not by chance that Iraq and Afghanistan - both sides of Iran - got invaded. America and Israel have been pursuing hostilities against Iran for many decades. Religion plays no part in high level politics, trust me. With that logic Iran should have helped Azeris against Armenians. Also, there are as many interpretations of the Koran as there are Koran experts.

2. And assuming even if Iran were to make nuclear weapons, the process is an extremely expensive and time consuming one, thus they have not had and do not have the sufficient time and resources necessary to pump one out in these extreme times, especially if they become the next targets.
                      The point is they want to be capable of making a bomb and accoding to an Armenian scientist I met in Yerevan not too long ago, making a bomb once you have a nuclear power reactor is relatively easy. Also, Iran is getting help from Russian, perhaps Armenian, North Korean scientists as well. The point is, whether they have the bomb or not, Iran is using their nuclear capability as a trump card against its antagonists. Its simply a deterrence. Iraq got invaded becaseu it was small, weak, isolated and it did not posses WMDs - contrary to propaganda that it did. In contrast,, Iran is large, wealthy, not isolated, highly advanced military technology and they have a very capable diplomatic corp.

The thesis that Iran and Syria are pushing for war, is a thesis that is supported by Israel and America, and one that obviously must be taken not only with a grain of salt, but with barrels and bushels of salt.
                      In essence, I agree with you. But its obvious that Iran wants to see regional chaos. Unstability in the region will only benifit Iran. Don't get me wrong, I AM 100% PRO TEHRAN. I see them playing a masterful chess game against the Neocons in Washington DC and Zionists in Tel Aviv. America and Israel don't want to "destory" the Mideast they want to control it. They want to exploit it. America did not invade Iraq to kill tens of thousands of people they went in to control and exploite. Thus, when you have chaos in the streets of Iraq the A erican agenda has failed. That is why Iran and Syria - the only nations in the region that are not in Washington's side pocket - want to casue instability. Iran and Syria dont want to see direct confrontation with Israel and America, that is why they are using proxies elsewhere to keep Israelis and Americans busy.

Think about it, why would Iran want to start a war with heavily and nuclear armed Israel and America when it has no nuclear weapons and there has been no evidence to suggest that they have nuclear weapons? On the flipside, America and Israel have all the motive and intent to attack Iran, and Seymour Hersh in the New Yorker has already detailed American intentions to attack Iran.
                      No, Iran does not want to directly engage in war with Israel or America - nor does Israel and American want to directly fight Iran. Attacking Iran will be the undoing of America and Israel. However, Iran wants to use its assest in Lebanon, Iraq and Afghanistan to periodically attack American and Israeli forces and create instability. This is quite clear to see.

However, since Israel and America do not want to be perceived as the warmongers that they are, they must lay blame on the other side when in fact it is in reality their own policy of subterfuge. So because Hezbollah has links with Iran and Syria, therefore it surely must be the act of Iran and Syria. Has it ever occurred to Washington and Tel Aviv that just because someone receives support, does not disqualify the fact that that entity is in reality an organization unto itself with its own independent goals and intentions? Look at the Taliban and the Afghanis America supported in the Cold War. Are they now not the enemies of America?
                      The warmongering of America and Israel are exactly what Iran is using against them two. The Hizbollah is under "direct" Iranian and Syrian influence - dont kid yourself. I was born in Lebanon, I have been following these issues most of my adult life, I know what I'm talking about. The Shiite composed Hizbollah in Lebanon was created by Iranian support and funding during the early 80s when Israel invaded Lebanon. Moreover, during the last ten years or so Iran, Hizbollah and Syrian have gotten very close. Today the three in question are a well coordinated team. All this goes to show you how well organized Iran is and how much it can project its power outside itsa borders. Also since you brought up religion before, how is it that "fanatical" Shiities Iranians get along just fine with Sunnis in Syria? Also, don't forget Iranian help for us Christian Armenians against "Shiite" Azeris.

If Israel and America are merely looking for any reason to start a war (which I suspect is the case, as it was with America attacking Iraq), then the capture of two Israeli soldiers by the A-rabs is as good a reason as any.
                      American can't look for a reason to start another war especially when its butt is being kicked all over the place in Iraq and when it has a serious problem in North Korea. Israel is looking for a limited conflict in order to try and destroy Hizbollah in Lebanon. Iran and Syria, on the other hand, have everything to gain by causeing problems in Lebanon. Syria has been effectivly pulled back into Lebanon's politics and national defence. Iran has diverted much attention from its nuclear project. At the same time, they have shattered the Mideast peace process.

For various military, economic and political reasons, Iran will not be attacked directly by Washington or Tel Aviv. Syria on the other hand is in a precarious position. Syria's safety and wellbeing depends on Iran and Russia. Nonetheless, in this whole scenario, Israel is the trigger happy barbarian that is being lead to its eventual disaster. More it kills and destroys more it encourages its neighbors that Israel can't exist in the Arab world.
                      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X