Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Russian Georgian conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Georgian conflict

Georgian President Says War with Russia Is Close

Georgia is close to war with Russia and the Georgian people must be prepared, Georgia’s President Mikhail Saakashvili was quoted as saying by France’s Liberation.

“I have said that if a war begins, it will be a war between Georgia and Russia, not [a war] between the Georgians and the Ossetians,” the newspaper quoted him as saying.

“We are very close to a war [with Russia], the population must be prepared.”

In the interview, dated Tuesday, Saakashvili denounced military aid from Russia to rebels in Georgia’s breakaway region of South Ossetia, which has said it wants to join Russia’s North Ossetia.

Saakashvili stressed that he had “no intention of provoking it [a war]” and called for an international conference to discuss the status of South Ossetia.

“Russia says it is opposed to this, but I think its position is evolving,” Liberation quoted him as saying.

The Georgian president compared relations between Russia and Georgia to a married couple in a divorce, and said that he proposes “to remain friends”.

Georgia pulled troops back from the separatist pro-Moscow region last week after an unprecedented show of force that infuriated Russia and worried Washington.

“The forces which attacked the Georgian positions last week were without doubt Russian forces,” Saakashvili reportedly said in the French newspaper article.

To avoid ethnic conflict, the Georgian president said he had proposed to the Ossetians “a very substantial autonomy and generous participation in Georgia’s central government”.

Last Thursday, the Tbilisi authorities said that 24 people had been killed and 50 others injured on the Georgian side in a week of fighting in the region.

So basically Georgia wants to take over Ossetia, but there is a problem, it belongs to Russia...and the people of Ossetia are with Russia, and the people of Gerogia don't want any conflict with Russia because almost all the people of Gerogia surivive with the help of their relatives in Russia, but right now everything between Russia and Georgia is closed so the people are f*cked.

And to make thing even interesting, Bush was in Georgia a while ago...i know ehh...now suddenly it all makes sence haha

Re: Russian Georgian conflict

Also, a couple of weeks ago there were a couple of incidents regarding helicopters. One Georgian helicopter was shot down and another with sakaxxxxville and John McCain on it "almost" got shot down. And right after McCain's visit, the Georgians started with their crap of arresting all the opposition leaders and then this trumped up spy thing, which included the arrest of many ethnic Armenian Georgian citizens who were also accused of spying. georgians are acting like turks. Guess they have been sucking up to them for too long.

Comment

Those motherxxxxers man...Georgians people are good people i been there 2 times, and they are getting xxxxed too

xxxxing USA..xxxxs up everyone...yesterday i came across history channel, and it was showing how America gave all this weapons and helped Iran out before the revolution...and how after the revolution it gave weapons and help to Iraqis to fight with Iran...and how now America plans on attacking Iran from Iraq, Afghanistan...but said before that they will be major air attacks coming from Turkey...

Comment

Originally posted by Fedayeen
        Those motherxxxxers man...Georgians people are good people i been there 2 times, and they are getting xxxxed too
        Georgians have never showed a friendly attitude toward armenians. They have always xxxxed us over, throughout the history.

The armenian community in Georgia deals with some serious problems. There are fights all the time and recentely, they killed an armenian young guy only because he was playing armenian music in a cafe! and had refused to turn it off.
        Last edited by ARK; 10-02-2006, 11:35 AM.

Comment

And how's the situation in Iran, ARK?

Comment

What?!?!?! Are you insane!?!?!?

Back-stabbing two-faced anti-Armenian Georgians are utter filth, I would much faster trust a Turk before I would trust a Georgian.

F*** them, let Putin have his way with them, they deserve it. Perhaps some day soon the Armenian Republic will have a seaport right on the Black Sea.

The Armenian Connection:

Armenia distanced itself Thursday from the latest upsurge in Russian-Georgian tensions that has been triggered by the arrest of a group of Russian military officers for alleged spying which Georgia says was coordinated by Russian intelligence agents in Yerevan.

Georgian authorities said on Wednesday that they detained four GRU (Russian military intelligence) officers as well as 11 Georgian citizens suspected of involvement in an alleged Russian plot against the pro-Western government in Tbilisi. Georgian Interior Minister Vano Merabishvili said they “acted under the leadership from Yerevan” of a top GRU officer whom he identified as Anatoly Sinitsyn. Moscow angrily rejected the accusations, demanding an immediate release of its citizens. Reuters reported that Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov denounced as a "complete outrage" Georgia's action which he said had also included the beating of a Russian officer and six soldiers in a separate incident in the Black Sea port of Batumi.

Officials in Yerevan insisted that Armenia, Russia’s main regional ally, bears no responsibility for the acrimonious scandal. “We have nothing to do with that,” the Armenian Foreign Ministry spokesman, Vladimir Karapetian, told RFE/RL. Colonel-General Mikael, the Armenian chief of staff, echoed the statement, urging journalists not to “jump into conclusions.” He also dismissed as irrelevant the fact that four of the arrested Georgian nationals are reportedly ethnic Armenians.

“They are citizens of Georgia, and I think authorities in Georgia will clear things up,” said Harutiunian. “I think we will be able to say something concrete about this issue after finally understanding what the matter is. It is too premature to comment now.” Asked about the Georgian claims that the alleged Russian espionage was guided from Armenian territory, Harutiunian replied: “They can say anything. What they say is their business. But there has to be evidence.”

Other Armenian officials argued that Yerevan has no control over the happenings inside Russia’s diplomatic missions and military base in Armenia. None of the diplomats at Russian embassy in Yerevan that bears the name Anatoly Sinitsyn, an embassy spokeswoman told RFE/RL. Merabishvili would not say if Tbilisi will raise the issue with Yerevan, and the Georgian embassy in Armenia declined a comment. According to Karapetian, the Armenian government has received no diplomatic notes or other messages from the Georgian side in connection with the affair.

Link: http://www.armenialiberty.org/armeni...3005DE4FC7.ASP
            Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yes they are Back-stabbing two-faced anti-Armenian but not all of them...as as i said, i been there twice, even tho police would always xxxx with us once they knew we were Armenians, we didn't have problem with people

Comment

Yes they are Back-stabbing two-faced anti-Armenian but not all of them...as as i said, i been there twice, even tho police would always xxxx with us once they knew we were Armenians, we didn't have problem with people
                I guess you can say the same about Turks and Joos as well.
                Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think that Armenians need to act on the Georgian problem in an "under the radar" fashion. There may be opportunities to work with them. In that I am thinking that Georgia is extremely unstable, it may help in ruffling their feathers and seeing if their zionist government suffers some kind of backlash from the Georgians themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
                    And how's the situation in Iran, ARK?

Good, actually this community of 80000 people has no influence in politics but plays a major role in industrial domain. They are mostly well-off and I’d say rich (for Iran of course), the population is mainly concentrated on three main regions of the capital ( Ahmadinejad lives in one of those areas hugely populated by Armenians, 90%) with about 12 schools and many churches. It is the only minority in Iran that has the permission to teach its language and religion (kron) at schools, j ews, kurds, and other minorities cannot do so. But the country is not a hell for j ews, they are free to practice Judaism and surprisingly are the only Iranians allowed to travel to “ Israel”( in our passports it says: the holder of this passport in not entitled to travel to the occupied Palestine.)
                    We don’t have big problems right now but a few years ago we changed the stupid law on blood money concerning the minorities. In general, we get on well with Iranians and most of them love armeninas(it is reciprocal) and as soon as some meet an armenian, they start to praise some of their qualities. Our situation is way too different from that in Georgia or Turkey.
                    Last edited by ARK; 10-03-2006, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X