Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turks, turks, turks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turks, turks, turks....

Originally posted by exfo View Post
    You already made up your mind about eveything and what I only have to do is to confess what you want.
    You would have a valid point if Armenians were asking the Turks to "confess" that the Earth is flat. But in this case, you don't have much of a point. It doesn't matter what Armenians want. It only matters what is FACT and what is Truth. So stop making excuses how Armenians are so bad and so racist .. it doesn't change anything with respects to the facts revolving around the Armenian Genocide.
    this post = teh win.

Comment

[I] So if Turkey accept it one day, will you forget Turkish hatred?
      To tell you the truth exfo, I do not hate Turkish people and I never will. They are just people just like everyone else. But having many casualties in a war that your country fought in is not the same as having many innocent and unprepared people slaughtered. And if the Turkish people did admit to committing genocide against Armenians I would be very happy. In order to forgive one another, people first need to acknowledge the fact that they did something that they should not have done (or else there is no subject to discuss for forgiveness). Armenians and Turks used to be very good partners and friends but committing genocide was like stabbing your friend (the Armenians) in the back. It wasn't like our countries hated each other from the start and I think that that is what causes even more tension upon the subject.

Comment

[I]
        Regarding the reason of those horror stories, well for sure Armenians suffer at WW1, during deportation (or you call as genocide) But the problem here is, almost every nation has these kind of horror stories. Turks also suffered at WW1. More that 1 million Turk is annilihated from European Turkey during Balkan wars, but we do not promote these historical pains like you pathetically. We do not wear "Balkan massacres T-shirts" or cry as "hey world, listen to us, Serbians and Greeks killed us at Balkan wars, poor us, we are victim..."
        The facts are that the Armenians did not, as a country, fight in WWI, but over 1.5 million of us died. And what is the point of deporting people if they die from starvation? If you move people from within your own empire then you wouldn't want your own citizens to die, would you? Deportation into a desert for "safety" doesn't make sense to me. As for the Balkan Wars, it was only the 1st Balkan War where the Turkish Empire was defending itself against the Bulgarians, Greeks, Serbians, and the Montenegrins and their greed. In the 2nd Balkan War everyone was fighting against Bulgaria so Turkey had lots of support and wasn't even the main combatant in the war anyway. It's a little obvious that they will have casualties but that doesn't make it a massacre if your country was a participant in the wars. (btw: where did you get information on the casualties of Turks in the Balkan Wars because I do not remember there being 1 million Turkish deaths during either the 1st or 2nd war in my European History book, my American History book, or the encyclopedia’s in my house)
        Last edited by sev_zeytun; 04-24-2007, 01:09 PM.

Comment

-Armenian -No no, you are Muslim we are Christian, you probably killed us.
          -Turkish - ???
          -Armenian - You can´t find even a word. Because you are guilty, like your grand father.
          -Turkish - ???
          -Armenian – Yes… yes… you are guilty and a bloody denier. There is no need for dialogue. Accept it or shut up!... There should be no relations between Turkey and Armenia because you killed my grandpa.

Dear Esther, actually this part is really funny (or maybe my sense of humour is very primitive, at the end I am a barbarian, remember)
          Regarding "fairytales mommy and daddy tell you" I think Armenians are to be blamed for these things. Because you are grown with horror stories that you families tell you.
          Regarding the reason of those horror stories, well for sure Armenians suffer at WW1, during deportation (or you call as genocide) But the problem here is, almost every nation has these kind of horror stories. Turks also suffered at WW1. More that 1 million Turk is annilihated from European Turkey during Balkan wars, but we do not promote these historical pains like you pathetically. We do not wear "Balkan massacres T-shirts" or cry as "hey world, listen to us, Serbians and Greeks killed us at Balkan wars, poor us, we are victim..." So why you have this kind of obsession? Why you are that much "special"? Because Turkey do not accept it? So if Turkey accept it one day, will you forget Turkish hatred? Answers are no.
          Retard. The Serbians and Greeks killed you Turks because you took over their land with your idiotic Ottoman Empire! Always count on a Turk to try to make things seem innocent.

Comment

Esther, my point above is not the discussion of the genocide. You can believe that 1915 was a genocide. I may agree with you at some certain aspects such as the number of casualties, the suffering of Armenian population and also may disagree with you on the aim of the government, number of casualties, population facts, etc. But my point is irrelevant to them. What I mean is; why do you (not personally you) still continue a blind racist campain to Turks on the base of hatred? Almost one century have passed after 1915 and still there is no way to make a mature discussion with you about the facts because of your aggressive hatred. We can settle down, sit on the table and discuss about all our problems (history and today) and can reach a solution at the end (which this solution will help Armenia more than Turkey, Turkey is a strong country that can struggle against your campains, but on the other hand, Armenia have to make peace with Turkey to grow. People are suffering from hunger and poverty there)
            Why do you act like: "confess the genocide or shut up you bloody asiatic mongolian bla bla bla..."?
            Could I make a bit sense now?
            Ya, it's so easy to discuss something with you Turks when you killed Hrant Dink for talking about the Armenian Genocide! [/sarcasm] Also, apparently, talking about the Armenian Genocide is an insult to "Turkishness". As for the "You can believe that 1915 was a genocide"... HELLO?! What is the definition of genocide? Genocide: The systematic, planned annihilation of an ethnic, racial or political group How much clearer do I have to make it? Besides the number of people killed and the casualties, there is the evidence of the government planning, yes, planning to destroy the Armenian race for a strong Turkish Empire! And yes, there is proof for that, and I don't care how many times your mommy told you that it's fake, there is proof that Abdul Hamid and Talat Pasha ordered the extermination of Armenians! I rest my case!
            Last edited by Էլիա; 04-24-2007, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Էլիա View Post
              Retard. The Serbians and Greeks killed you Turks because you took over their land with your idiotic Ottoman Empire! Always count on a Turk to try to make things seem innocent.
              You've got this partially wrong because in the 1st Balkan War the Bulgarians, Greeks, Montenegrins, and Serbians wanted to take places such as Albania, Crete, Macedonia, Adrianople, and Salonika. It wasn't to take back their own lands. It was done to gain extra lands from other countries conquered by the Ottoman Empire while the Ottomans were weak and falling apart. In the 2nd Balkan War the Ottomans were fighting with the Greeks, Montenegrins, Romanians, and Serbians against Bulgaria but did not even get a lot in return for their efforts.

Comment

Esther, I am aware of the unfortunate rising of nationalism in Turkey nowadays and I am very uncomfortable of this situation like some other ten millions of people in Turkey. Of course I know Hrant Dink murder and murders at Malatya. I do not try to justify them of course. They are (also the murder at Trabzon) very shameful events which we face nowadays. You mentioned about the murder of Hrant Dink and Malatya, so I guess that you watch the news about Turkey. Also you should know (probably you also know this) that hundred thousands of people on the streets of Istanbul protested the murder of Hrant Dink next day with the famous slogan of "We are all Armenian, we are all Hrant"
                But these current news are irrelevant with my point. Yes, we, Turks, should critisize many things (nationalism, paranoia about world events, rising of intolerancy) but also you, as Armenian diaspora in the western world observe yourself and make a self-critisism. I dont only mention about several angry teenagers here, but the narrow minded Turkish hatred obsession covers all of your community. I am sure that most of you are kind, civilised people in your daily lifes. But when it comes to "Turks" most of you suddenly turn into vulgar racist groups. Ordinary good people suddenly turn into stubborn-minded (yes same adjective) militans who even support the murders of innocent people by ASALA for example. ASALA is just an example to face with your own truth. Yes, we Turks did not faced up to the crimes happened at 1915. I would agree with you and critisize the ignorant policy of the government. But also you even can not face with yours. Most of you who is probably nice and humane people can support the murders of ASALA just because they murder Turks. I can count you the wrong attetude of Turks, but I believe that you are not ready to count yours, because you, unlogically, believe that you are the victim and I am the criminal. You already made up your mind about eveything and what I only have to do is to confess what you want.
                I still don't know what exactly you want from us. Should we run around,
                with arms wide open and welcome you as a friend? And beg on our knees for the recognition of the genocide? You talk about us Armenians without really knowing us, without trying to understand our motives and you are ignorant to the consequences of the genocide even our generation is still suffering under. it's been 92 years for heaven's sake, can't you give us a rest for once??? And I haven't said that you are a criminal, but it seems like you are trying to force me to say things I don't want to say. I know it's totally unnecessary to argue with you, because it seems like you haven't paid attention to the things I've already written. I don't really know what I should say to you, because this part:

"But when it comes to "Turks" most of you suddenly turn into vulgar racist groups. Ordinary good people suddenly turn into stubborn-minded (yes same adjective) militans who even support the murders of innocent people by ASALA for example. ASALA is just an example to face with your own truth. "

is so untrue and facile.You don't know me and you don't know if I support the things ASALA did or not, so would you please stop to claim things, you don't know??? I guess it's better to stop arguing, because it doesn't make any sense if you are constantly trying to accuse us of fighting too much for the truth.

Comment

I agree with Esther. you act as though all of us have the same mindset.

Comment

exfo, don't post anything here until you get rid of your barbaric stereotype of all Armenians.

Comment

I thought this was supposed to be a HUMOR section ? And turks don't belong here, you can go back to screwing camels you damn ragheads turks.

Comment

Working...
                      X