Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenians and sex: what's your opinion?

if she has been with other men before, she can form her own conclusions more accurately.
    and by the time she reaches her "conclusions", nobody will be interested anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
      I actually think the reason many "traditional" men are so worried about the woman having had experiences before them has a lot more to do with their own insecurities and less to do with the woman having been rejected. If a woman hasn't been with another man before, the first guy is literally the best (or the worst ) she has ever been with. But as soon as there are other men in the past, these guys get all self conscious and get worried that they won't measure up ... so to say.

It is also about control and power. If you are the first guy you can always make it seem like every other guy is going to be so much worse to her and she, not having any frame of reference, might end up believing. But if she has been with other men before, she can form her own conclusions more accurately.
      That's B.S. If they don't measure up then it's not like she can go back to the first, all she can do is keep rejecting because it wasn't as good as she remembers when she and her partner(s) were younger. Eventually a woman's biological clock winds down and she has to "settle" on someone or she has to marry because she can't use her beauty to get by anymore. It all looks good in the movies but doesn't translate well in the real world.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by gkv View Post
        and by the time she reaches her "conclusions", nobody will be interested anymore.
        Why not? I see many women in their 30s and 40s get divorced and in a very short time connect with someone new and actually end up much happier than they were before. Of course also sometimes they end up deciding to remain single. There are also those that continue making the same mistakes and picking the same types of wrong guys over and over.

I have to say though while I don't agree that "nobody will be interested", I do think that people need to sometimes be more realistic about their mates. Most of the unhappinesses I think comes from unreasonable expectations from each other. People tend to want to find some idealized mates where in reality they may not even exist ... or if they exist, they may not be accessible (or available).

Its just that things have changed and are changing ... people have a lot more options and are much less "stuck" in certain ways. So the key to be happy in this day and age is to just be happy with what you got sometimes and not to want too much of everything else. I am not talking about settling but more about just being more content.
        this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
          Where did he say that? If you don't understand that he's saying that we don't do that with CARS and we're not even purchasing a car for life, so why would we do this with choosing a spouse, then you're really just being deliberately obtuse.
          His statement can perfectly be interpreted that way too. That's language. However, if we take into consideration what he 'means', we can assume that 'testing a car' and 'testing a woman sexually' are put on the same scale here. You 'test' it/her, you like it/her you keep it/her, you don't like it/her, you put it away (dump it/her). His sole criterion is based on one's sexual performance. While sex is quite important to maintain a healthy, emotionally balanced life, the relationship cannot be resumed to that. What's more, sex can/is definitely improving only over time, practice and communication.

I hope Levon would be unbanned to respond to Sip's comments, the two represent the very opposite sides (regarding this issue) and it's interesting.

I completely agree. A lot of the "traditional" views on sex is that hey, you have to go buy a car without getting to test drive it and also without ever having driven anything before in your life and on top of that, you are stuck with that car until the rest of your life
          Last edited by Lucin; 06-03-2011, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
            I hope Levon would be unbanned to respond to Sip's comments, the two represent the very opposite sides (regarding this issue) and it's interesting.
            I would hope so too but unfortunately he showed many times that he couldn't keep himself from personally insulting people over and over and that just takes away from the quality of discussion no matter what the topic.

I feel again I need to clarify something about the car statement. For the record, I personally don't think sex is really that important in long term committed relationships. I think traditional views place far far faaaar too much emphasis on sex. They make sex be the central issue. They command you not to have sex until marriage and they make it seem like this holy ridiculously overvalued thing to be cherished, worshiped, feared, etc. My personal views on sex are far more relaxed. I do not advocate humping like animals at random occasions but I also think artificially holding out or abstaining from this natural part of human behavior or placing too much emphasis on sex is not very healthy for young adults.

That's why I don't think marriage should be centered around virginity. That just glorifies sex and makes it appear to be the most important issue in life and it just really ain't that important really if you ask me.
            this post = teh win.

Comment

I would hope so too but unfortunately he showed many times that he couldn't keep himself from personally insulting people over and over and that just takes away from the quality of discussion no matter what the topic.

I feel again I need to clarify something about the car statement. For the record, I personally don't think sex is really that important in long term committed relationships. I think traditional views place far far faaaar too much emphasis on sex. They make sex be the central issue. They command you not to have sex until marriage and they make it seem like this holy ridiculously overvalued thing to be cherished, worshiped, feared, etc. My personal views on sex are far more relaxed. I do not advocate humping like animals at random occasions but I also think artificially holding out or abstaining from this natural part of human behavior or placing too much emphasis on sex is not very healthy for young adults.

That's why I don't think marriage should be centered around virginity. That just glorifies sex and makes it appear to be the most important issue in life and it just really ain't that important really if you ask me.
              So now sex isn't that important but you need to test drive because you don't want to get stuck with it for the rest of your life. The reason North American men cheat is because their wives don't want to engage in sex anymore but some how they were eager up until marriage and during their youth. So the American guy that busts his butt for a career gets stuck marrying a cold fish which ends up in divorce. Nice reward.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I feel again I need to clarify something about the car statement. For the record, I personally don't think sex is really that important in long term committed relationships..
                Are you sure? I think it's important in a long-term relationship. But you kind of contradict yourself here, you first stressed on the importance of one's sexual performance (so you don't get stuck with a lifetime…) before establishing a long life relationship then here you say it's not that important in long-term committed relationship?

Comment

Sip's original message dates back to 2008.
                  Since then, he has expanded his garage and, as a result, his philosophical horizons
                  (still not to a point of reaching transcendence)
                  now he can afford to be sentimental about his vintage cars (which have have failed to keep all their promises) and keep them alongside the newer, better performing "rides".

Comment

It is surreal to me that any man living in a western country at this stage in history still feels that they are in the right when it comes to making judgments and pronouncements on what any woman (or any other man, for that matter) is allowed to do with their own bodies and sexuality.
                    Last edited by Jinx; 06-05-2011, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jinx View Post
                      It is surreal to me that any man living in a western country at this stage in history still feels that they are in the right when it comes to making judgments and pronouncements on what any woman (or any other man, for that matter) is allowed to do with their own bodies and sexuality.
                      You can do what you want with your body, just don't expect me to pay for it with universal health insurance. In fact, the quicker they make people pay outrageous health care costs, the quicker society will heal itself from the poor life choices and decisions people make because they are taken care of by nanny states.

Comment

Working...
                      X