Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The intelligence factor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The intelligence factor

Does general intelligence matter to you when you're considering a potential bf/gf? I do not think I could be with someone incredibly stupid,

For instance, there was a girl who attended school with me(in college) and still did not understand/comprehend how the native Americans got here. When someone near her attempted to explain it to her, and spoke of the land bridge, she asked if they meant Pangaea...........

Likewise, I don't think I could be with someone that was immensely superior in intellect than I, because I would always feel astonishingly stupid.
    Last edited by ara87; 11-19-2008, 09:00 PM.

Re: The intelligence factor

Personally. Intelligence matters alot.

I hate ignorance.

But besides intelligence, communication is a big deal in a relationship too.

Like, I was talkin to this 1 girl who was russian/armenian or something, but she couldn't really speak well, and she was hot too, but i stopped talking to her, just cause of that, cause I knew it wouldn't have worked out.

But having a girl smarter then you? I don't mind. I think its cool if she is. I'll be the creative talented one, she'll be the smart one. It works out.

Comment

Originally posted by Vigilante View Post
      But having a girl smarter then you? I don't mind. I think its cool if she is. I'll be the creative talented one, she'll be the smart one. It works out.
      I didn't mean smart as in, "I went to Ivy league school smart," I could live with that, it would probably even come in handy.

I meant more on the lines of genius, like "≥ Steven Hawkings" smart.

Comment

If you're doubting your intelligence, then i highly doubt that a female genius in the same league as steven hawkings would even waste her time with a guy like you.

Not saying you're dumb, but I'd think that a girl with that high of a caliber would want to be with someone just as smart as her.

But then again, opposites do attract, so yeah.

Comment

but I'd think that a girl with that high of a caliber would want to be with someone just as smart as her.
          I realize that, I was just stating that even if it was a possibility I don't think i would take a chance on it. Also I did not want to sound like an ass for saying I would most likely not date an unintelligent girl, so I needed something to balance the statement out

Comment

I think your statement is fine the way it is without even mentioning a smarter girl.

But I know what you mean fool.

What about communication. How much of that matters to you?

I mean, i think communication is worth so much more then intelligence. But then, one can say that intelligence and communication go hand in hand, you know what I mean?

Comment

What about communication. How much of that matters to you?

I mean, i think communication is worth so much more then intelligence. But then, one can say that intelligence and communication go hand in hand, you know what I mean?
              Communication, as well as trust and all that good stuff are key. As far as communication and intelligence going hand in hand though, it all depends. I mean if a person has the i.q. of a cinder block, that's most likely going to hinder the communication, but you could have 2 geniuses paired up and they could still have trouble communicating as well. So I guess communication is worth more than intelligence.

Comment

Intelligence is important. I found out first hand. My dad is intelligent and logical, my mom really is not. She is well educated (masters in education), but is still stupid, and has a ditzy personality. Creates friction. Mom can't listen to dad when it comes to simple things, like how to budget money, etc.
                They still get along fine, but things could be a lot better. If you want a spouse or partner that you really want to feel united with, one that you'll possibly be raising children with, it's important to stay on the same page and be able to rationally discuss things if you want a stable household, or a stable relationship for that matter.

Comment

Whoever said "communication" is key, was either a woman, or was a man that had never been with a woman in a serious and long relationship.

It's also not really a matter of dumb vs smart when it comes to communication. A lot of times you, as a man, should just keep your mouth shut and not say what is on your mind. That is the TRUE key to a successful relationship and true happiness.

Some guys make the mistake of telling the women they are with a lot of what they really think and end up living miserable lives for it.

Now to answer the question, I think there is a tradeoff to be made between looks and brains. Of course if you can find looks AND brains, then it's the best situation. Otherwise, men tend to put up with, and ignore a lot of stupid crap as the looks level goes up. For a girl that is both ugly and dumb, there is pretty much no chance.
                  this post = teh win.

Comment

I am reminded of this thread:

Last edited by Crimson Glow; 01-17-2009, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X