Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Average Joe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average Joe

Although I rarely watch tv, this show got me glued to the screen every time it came on. I can't believe what happened in the finale. And I also can't believe i'm talking about a tv show like this.

So girls, I wonder what you guys would do if you had to choose between average joe's with above average personalities OR extremely good looking guys with average (not bad) personalities.

I caught the last 5 mins when I came home from school. That show proves that nice guys finish last. The average joe reminded me of Rocky, plus he had a good income level. On the other hand the "hunk" is a student and lives at home. Did you see the previews for next seasons average joe?

Emil

Comment

hey, I never really watched the show, I just saw one episode where she got rid of all the fat guys.

I would go for someone with average looks, but good personality, rather than good looks and average personality.

what would you go for?

and what happend in the finale that was so interesting?

Comment

The guy that she picked was a good guy, although he was a waiter with no education, he looked good.

The other guy that got thrown on the curb didn't look good BUT he had the best heart and personality i've ever seen. And he was a millionare

I saw the Average Joe 2 preview and it looked interesting

Comment

Answer the question Flames! to the first post

Comment

Originally posted by omniscient Answer the question Flames! to the first post
            Haven't seen the show. Like I said, the only reality shows I watch are the hilarious dating ones.

And I'd pick the former (for the 2nd part of your post). Looks diminish with time, but personality lasts. Plus, if the guy is too hot, he's either gay, or has been spoiled rotten by cheap girls, and has turned into an xxxxxxx (natural or not).
            Last edited by sSsflamesSs; 12-09-2003, 01:34 AM.

Comment

I meant the second paragraph smarty

Comment

Haha, look again, smarty.

Comment

What the HECKLES? Obviously, any woman with 1/2 a brain cell would know that men who are "TOO HOT FOR TV" are the ones that are "TOO STUPID FOR THE 1st GRADE"..I have yet to meet a man with ALL the qualities..Sometimes u gotta give a little, to get a little.....(get ur mind outta the gutter)....Also, when they don't have good looks, men tend to make up for that with an awesome personality..which is GREAT!

Comment

Re: Average Joe

Originally posted by omniscient Although I rarely watch tv, this show got me glued to the screen every time it came on. I can't believe what happened in the finale. And I also can't believe i'm talking about a tv show like this.

So girls, I wonder what you guys would do if you had to choose between average joe's with above average personalities OR extremely good looking guys with average (not bad) personalities.
                    Ok, so I never actually watched this show, but I heard enough about it today on the radio (because apparently average joe is late breaking news! ) to formulate an opinion. Did you ever think that maybe the girl chose the cute waiter guy because he is on the same level as her intellectually? I'm not saying they are both dumb or anything. They might both be rocket scientists for all I know.... Plus I hink level of schooling doesn't necessarily determine how intellectually/socially able someone is... Anyway, so I never watched the show, nor am I a fan of judging a book by its cover, but she was a cheerleader and he's a waiter/actor? Right? Seems to me they'd have more to talk about than would the girl and the more educated/ different working world stock broker dude. Maybe I'm wrong? But that makes sense to me.

Anyway, I would pick the average looking guy. First of all I really DO believe that whole saying that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' (yes, yes and also in the eye of the beer holder, haha). What I might Think is average might be quite above average to someone else... I don't really like to abide by societal 'norms' about what is average and what isn't. Who the hell put those standards anyway?? I mean unless the guy seriously doesn't take care of himself (shower, brush teeth, shave, be healthy, get some sunlight, etc...)... Seriously, for me, when a guy can captivate me with his ability to converse with me and his smarts and humor etc etc etc all these things that make up a wonderful personality, I find myself more physically attracted to him. Haven't you ever looked at some guy/girl and said daaaaaaaaaamn niiiiiiiiice, but then they open their mouth and you want to run in the opposite direction, fast?? Beauty fades, but dumb is forever, REALLY, so if you end up with someone you are very attracted to and everything else about him/her is so-so I doubt that relationship will last unless you're getting your intellectual stimulation elsewhere.

My two cents.
                    Last edited by ckBejug; 12-09-2003, 01:43 PM.
                    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Working...
                    X