Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What is Love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What is Love?

That's not an entirely bad idea !
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Love is, dressing up as a princess and entertaining scattered hyperactive electrons (kids) at your three year old cousins Birthday Party.

Love is, making your first appearance as "the princess" and fooling all these kids that really know who you are; making them actually believe that you're an actual princess.

Love is, when your three year old niece comes up to you while you're wearing all this fake princess junk, has NO clue as to who you really are, and hovers you out of joy, continuously asks for hugs, and doesn't leave your sight, because, well, you're a princess. Hell, this would be way hard if she knew who you really were without the princess gear. ::Laughs::

Love is, face painting at the Birthday party and coming across to one five year old cute little boy that demands a "scary Halloween pumpkin" on his whole arm; after completing the "scary pumpkin," you get bashed down with dirty looks from all the elderly folks as to why the hell a princess would paint such a thing, especially when it's not even Halloween.

Love is, while you're face painting on a two year old girl, you turn around and see that another child has knocked down all the paint, and you now have different colors of paint, all over your princess dress. You are now a princess-clown.

Love is, wearing a puffy pink princess dress and also wearing your jeans underneath the dress because you want to feel comfortable and flexible at this childs birthday party, without realizing that the same day, the temperature exceeds 80 degrees, and now you're hot as hell with that dress on.

Love is, face painting on your nephew, making it look all hell of a nice job, just because, I mean, he's your nephew. Then, five minutes later, you notice your time consuming piece of art is now completely erased off of his cheek. You ask him why he would do that, he replies that he would now like a ladybug instead of the pimped out car you took your time on painting. I guess love is also giving family members that lifetime-warranty-assurance feeling, because they think it's always A-Okay, well, because they're family.

Love is, passing out gift bags to every kid at the this Birthday party and seeing one little boy scream and cry because, he didn't get a Ring-Pop in his goodie bag. Love is opening five more gift bags just to find one single Ring-Pop for this kid to eventually, well, in a more pleasant term, settle down. Success.

Love is, accidentally speaking to one of the kids from the party, in Armenian, while this whole time you're supposed to only speak in English to make these kids actually believe that you're something legit. You then try to cover your bluff and turn everything you said around, in English. At this time, this kid is confused as well as very skeptical, and begins to back away. Luckily, a nice lady who was also at the party, covers your case and tells the kid that she had just taught "the princess" a couple of words in Armenian and assured her that I only spoke English. --You see what America does?

Love is, well, kinda' tiring.

Comment

...But also something you can't live without !

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
          ...But also something you can't live without !
          Actually, I'm pretty sure I can manage.

Comment

I can live without it, but can't survive without it

Originally posted by Sasun View Post
            May I put in my two cents worth? I feel I have afew years on you young pups. You are all nipping around the edges, but really there is no secret. When you wake up every morning looking at the same grizzled or unmade-up face every morning for a number of years and you still don't get tired of it then maybe you realize what love is, and what a good thing you have going. Then perhaps you won't talk about partners like I read in one of the other Threads.
            I think I would like to start a signature, like DATE HYE!:
            Yeah, unfortunately some Hye's have become more odar than odars

Sasun: A/S/L? got any pics? hahahahhah
            Last edited by KanadaHye; 06-24-2009, 07:02 AM.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Actually, I'm pretty sure I can manage.
              I very much doubt that...

Love isn't just marital or made for couples. Love is everywhere. There is parental love, there is friendly love, homey love, brother/sister love, love for your country, love for your people, love for God, and so much more. Love is everywhere. So like it or not sweetheart, your gonna have to get used it !

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                I can live without it, but can't survive without it

Yeah, unfortunately some Hye's have become more odar than odars

Sasun: A/S/L? got any pics? hahahahhah
                Watch it Kanadahye I believe we are in the same corner of the world! So yes I might! HMMMM..... That' an idea. Just don't disapoint me too often.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasun View Post
                  Watch it Kanadahye I believe we are in the same corner of the world! So yes I might! HMMMM..... That' an idea. Just don't disapoint me too often.
                  As long as you're from planet Earth, its a good sign.
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
                    I very much doubt that...

Love isn't just marital or made for couples. Love is everywhere. There is parental love, there is friendly love, homey love, brother/sister love, love for your country, love for your people, love for God, and so much more. Love is everywhere. So like it or not sweetheart, your gonna have to get used it !
                    Well, I was referring to marital or "couple" kinda' love.

Comment

I thought I was in love once, turns out it was heartburn.

When I'm feeling blue
                      All I have to do
                      Is take a look at you
                      Then I'm not so blue

Wouldn't you agree?
                      Baby, you and me got a groovy kind of love

Comment

Working...
                      X