Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What is Love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is Love?

Are love and desire two opposite feelings though?

Not really. I think desire is a part of almost everything you do because if you have no desire to do something, most of the time, you won't.

When it comes to love (especially when it comes to love) there has to be desire and I'd say this is another part of love. You have to have a strong desire to love. It doesn't last long without desire. You have to have desire to go on and stay strong. So I'd say desire is a major part of love, not the opposite of love.
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
      Definitely agree there iFemale! (though the first is not from experience!)
      Neither was I speaking from experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
        Are love and desire two opposite feelings though?

So I'd say desire is a major part of love, not the opposite of love.
        I asked if they feel the same.

Comment

Originally posted by iFemale View Post
          No, desire can be the same as lust, which has little to do with true love.

Comment

No, desire can be the same as lust, which has little to do with true love.
            Yes, I agree. Two separate feelings.

It's not "I lust you."
            It's "I love you."

Comment

Well in that case, they don't feel the same but they complete each other in a major way if you know what I mean.

It's not "I lust you."
              It's "I love you."
              You talk about lust as if it is the complete opposite of love. Why? Lust is also a part of love but its good (and right) if it's in good measure. Like I said, love cannot be defined and almost every type of feeling can be felt if you are in love. When I read some of the comments in this thread regarding lust, I get the impression that we should be afraid of lust or that it's something evil. Lust is just another ingredient without which love wouldn't always be what it is.

Every couple is different. Some couples are more fiery, some are more calm, some are dreamy, etc. Every couple has a different amount of lust and it is one of the factors that keeps them together. What would happen if you removed salt from your body? It's the same here. What would happen if you removed lust?

Lust has it's place in love and I wouldn't separate lust from love, ever. When people only want lust exclusively, that is wrong. That is simply animalistic. But if we're talking about good love, lust is an important ingredient which must be driven by love, not the other way around . Hope you got my point.

And Hrai, I wouldn't say desire can be the same as lust. If this is true then I can easily say that desire can be the same as love. Why? Because desire is a bridge, a decision-making feeling not an exclusive feeling like respect, or anger, or happiness, etc.

Love is confused with passion, lust, etc. more often nowadays then ever in history. Desire is a feeling that is felt not ONLY if your in love. Let me explain. To love, you need desire, it doesn't just come with the wind. You can have minor feelings but nothing will happen without desire. So I think we should be talking about what role desire plays when it comes to love and lust rather then what it feels like.

I'd say desire is the BRIDGE that can lead you to lust/passion (exclusively) OR love. You have to make the choice. Desire is basically a tool/feeling used for decision-making and it isn't the opposite of anything. If I want to buy a certain product, desire is what prompts me to do so but in the end I make the choice. Desire is the feeling that presents me with the questions, with the different scenarios. Do I want the product? What will it give me? Is it worth it? What will happen AFTER I get it? Etc.

The problem nowadays is that people don't always consider the OTHER questions. They simply consider the first question ... what they want ... and they make wrong decisions a lot of the time. Why? Because desire has a way of approving what you want/feel the most IF you don't consider the other questions.

So basically, every person is different. DESIRE remains a bridge. Some use it to get to love while others use it to get into bed with someone. It depends on the people in general. Desire isn't what spoils people. It isn't something evil and it has it's good and bad sides just like anything else in this world. It is us who are good/bad. If two people were standing in front of a beautiful and smart girl (not a hooker), one serious, the other lusty, the serious guy would get the desire to get to know the girl while the lusty guy would imagine all the ways he could have sex with her.

The reason our desires vary from one person to another is because of knowledge, because of all our different capacities. Someone who is more into love won't get the same desires someone completely lost in lust/passion would get. Someone searching for wild sex wouldn't be able to weigh the same questions (that desire presents us) that a serious, romantic person would be presented with.

So long story short, the wrong/right desires presenting themselves to us, depends on us. The mind is what triggers desire and we all know that it's easier to control the wind then our minds. So we have to gather knowledge, we have to be prepared for all types of thoughts and desires (which come and go like the ripples of the ocean), and we have to learn to keep our minds cool as much as we can. We have to learn self control and we must be able to make the right decisions in life. Eventually, our minds become our friends, they help us know what is right and what isn't much faster then before. Experience, control, and living properly help us achieve true peace of mind and people like this make the right decisions 90% (if not more) of the time. People who don't know self control though and live like animals (which I condemn completely) make wrong decisions almost all the time and go deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole. The mind is this type of person's worst enemy and confuses them all the time ... not because the mind is wrong but because it's owner is wrong. We shouldn't blame anyone besides ourselves. This is the truth. Sorry for making this so long, hope you all got my point.

...which has little to do with true love
              Hrai, what is True Love to you? How do you imagine True Love? How can love have nothing to do with lust? That's like separating heat from fire. I think you should be saying that LOVE should drive lust. Instead, it seems you are completely against lust which in many ways is not understandable. Like I said on countless occasions, love is a combination of almost every feeling you can think of, that's what makes it so special.

Comment

You said ---> When people only want lust exclusively, that is wrong.

Maybe I forgot to add in the word "exclusively."
                This is what I meant the first time I said it.
                Obviously, lust = Sexual desire...but to want JUST that, all by itself, for your own pleasure, it's just wrong.

Ok, I have a confession to make.

Lately I've been feeling really gay and cheesy for starting this thread, so please help me out and turn it into a joke-fest.

I close my case.
                Last edited by iFemale; 03-08-2009, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Which is the stronger love?

Man<->Woman
                  Parent<->Child
                  Mexican<->Food

Which gives more pain, which gives more pleasure?
                  Wtf? We dont food that much! lol

Comment

You said ---> When people only want lust exclusively, that is wrong.

Maybe I forgot to add in the word "exclusively."
                    This is what I meant the first time I said it.
                    Obviously, lust = Sexual desire...but to want JUST that, all by itself, for your own pleasure, it's just wrong.
                    You got it .

Ok, I have a confession to make.

Lately I've been feeling really gay and cheesy for starting this thread, so please help me out and turn it into a joke-fest.
                    Sorry for making you feel "gay and cheesy", lol. I thought you liked what you were talking about. I don't see why anyone should feel embarrassed when talking about the greatest part of life...

I close my case.
                    Aw, this was just the intro ...

Comment

Wtf? We dont food that much! lol
                      Just hot chilli's, eh bro?

Comment

Working...
                      X