Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Worth it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth it

In a brief conversation, a man asked a woman he was pursuing the question "What kind of man are you looking for?"

"As a woman in this day and age, I am in a position to ask a man what he can do for me that I can't do for myself. I pay my own bills. I take care of my household without the help of any man...or woman for that matter.

"I am in the position to ask, "What can you bring to the table?"" The man looked at her. Clearly he thought that she was referring to money. She quickly corrected his thought and stated, "I am not referring to money. I need something more. I need a man who is striving for perfection in every aspect of life."

He sat back in his chair, folded his arms, and asked her to explain. She said "I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection mentally because I need conversation and mental stimulation. I don't need a simple-minded man.

"I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection spiritually because I don't need to be unequally yoked... believers mixed with unbelievers is a recipe for disaster.

"I need a man who is striving for perfection financially because I don't need a financial burden.

"I am looking for someone who is sensitive enough to understand what I go through as a woman, but strong enough to keep me grounded.

"I am looking for someone who I can respect. In order to be submissive, I must respect him. I cannot be submissive to a man who isn't taking care of his business. I have no problem being submissive... he just has to be worthy.

"God made woman to be a help mate for man. I can't help a man if he can't help himself."

When she finished her spill, she looked at him. He sat there with a puzzled look on his face. He said, "You are asking a lot."

She replied, "I'm worth a lot."
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Now THAT is what I call a fine, fine Woman.

Comment

I do not like that woman much. And it is not because I feel inadequate, so we can avoid those jokes.

Comment

Originally posted by dusken I do not like that woman much. And it is not because I feel inadequate, so we can avoid those jokes.
        No, no jokes. How come you don't like her?
        The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

I have to agree with Dusken, here. Let's take a look at what we got, shall we?

[rant]
          Women with fake tans, fake breasts, fake nails, fake hair extensions, make-up to create a fake face, fake hair color, etc.....but yet, they want a real man. Men are always hit up with the "what can you bring to the table" question, because women in general seem to be more picky then males from what I've witnessed. Well I'm a tad bit sick of it. How about what do women offer (other then sexual satisfaction) for a change? If the majority of them are always seeking this "perfect man", can someone please explain to me what that perfect man would see in the usual emotionally unstable, don't quite know what they want out of life women?
          [/rant]

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow I have to agree with Dusken, here....

Let's take a look at what we got, shall we? Women with fake tans, fake breasts, fake nails, fake hair extensions, make-up to create a fake face, fake hair color, etc.....but yet, they want a real man. Men are always hit up with the "what can you bring to the table" question, because women in general seem to be more picky then males from what I've witnessed. Well I'm a tad bit sick of it. How about what do women offer (other then sexual satisfaction) for a change? If the majority of them are always seeking this "perfect man", can someone please explain to me what that perfect man would see in the usual emotionally unstable, don't quite know what they want out of life women?
            Obviously this isn't some compensating for her lack of something (probably brains) kind of woman with "fake tans, fake breasts, fake nails, fake hair extensions, make-up to create a fake face, fake hair color, etc.....". Or maybe you missed that? Women seem more picky than men? When it comes to what exactly? All those things you mentioned, you can bet behind every woman who goes through all that just to try to look 'good' there is the affections of a man she seeks to gain. And if you read it closely you would see that it isn't a perfect man she is seeking. It's a man who seeks perfection, whatever the definition is of the word perfect, for HIMSELF. Not to impress her. Funny isn't it, that when it comes right down to how a MAN's mind works the things YOU Crimson dear mentioned are two- LOOKS and SEX. Notice how she didn't ever mention either of those things? It's no wonder plenty of available, smart, determined, know what they want out of life, hard working, pretty women out there are still single...

Comment

She is terribly arrogant. I would have said, "I am smarter than you, I am more creative than you, I am sensitive, and I do not want anything to do with you."

She is narrrow-minded and she makes lists. I used to make lists of qualities that I was looking for until I actually had experiences. Compatability is too complicated for lists. Your list maybe denying you the opportunity to see the person that you can love and respect for the rest of your life. "Striving for perfection" is a meaningless phrase to me.

A relationship is not a business deal to me. Bring to the table?

Comment

Dusken, that's true!
                I dont' think is necessary to list what kind of qualities u looking for in a man, but i think the best way is not to expect when ur going to meet the perfect mate for you. When the time comes u just meet him/her and suddenly u realize that that person is all that u expected to have. Ck girls like you aren't going to stay alone, trust me!!!!! a smart experienced guy will find something in you that he never found in others. u dont need to list and become picky! Go with the flowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Comment

Woman: So what are you looking for in a woman, Armel?

Armel: I am looking for someone that makes me happy.

Woman: Yes but what will make you happy?

Armel: We'll see.

Comment

I disagree. She is not putting forth strict guidelines. Nor is she implying that she is in any way superior to him.

She doesn’t ask for specific traits, and/or qualities in the person. She merely wants someone who is as driven as herself. Someone who will be able to walk with her. She does not want her hands held up as she walks, nor does she want to hold his hands up as he walks.

Comment

Working...
                    X