Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Worth it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spiral I disagree. She is not putting forth strict guidelines. Nor is she implying that she is in any way superior to him.

She doesn’t ask for specific traits, and/or qualities in the person. She merely wants someone who is as driven as herself. Someone who will be able to walk with her. She does not want her hands held up as she walks, nor does she want to hold his hands up as he walks.
    I said she was arrogant. I did not say she felt superior to any one person.

She shows the desire to make lists of qualities because she turned something meaningless into an "objective" list. I may say that if she worded it differently, I would not think she was as much of a freak but still making frivolous statements. Nobody says "I am looking for a stupid couch potato."

Comment

I think she just wants her hair pulled and her ass smacked.

But honestly, I don't see those "requirements" being too hard to find. I think I'd qualify actually. Now what the hell is she bringing to the table other than being financially independent?

Comment

As a good narcissist, all I want a woman to bring is a love of herself that equals my own self-love. These other things I could care less about, because the true narcissist cannot be held back by another, nor can his lot be enhanced in any significant way. A relationship, as dusken points out, is not a business transaction. A relationship is a mutualistic symbiosis that grows and evolves as it transpires. That woman is looking for a man who basically possesses all of the traits that she possesses. That is idiotic. Personally, I would like someone who can add to what I already have, someone who can challenge me by not being me, but by still being admirable and still loving herself. Even that, however, is not all that important, for again, the true narcissist can find those things without the aid of a lover. There are many people and non-people in the world that can provide the things this woman is asking for. All that must be asked for in a relationship is love, nothing more, nothing less. Unfortunately, love implies acceptance, and this woman is not particularly accepting, and my guess is she is not very loving. My guess is that it would be very difficult to love her in return. dusken says that he wants a woman who will make him happy. Even this is too much. I am already happy. All I ask is that a woman be happy herself, so that she will not detract from my own pre-existing happiness and perhaps our happiness and our love for ourselves can be amplified by our being together.

No lists.
        Last edited by loseyourname; 03-24-2004, 01:58 PM.

Comment

I am glad that post brought forth some conversation.

Originally posted by spiral I disagree. She is not putting forth strict guidelines. Nor is she implying that she is in any way superior to him.

She doesn’t ask for specific traits, and/or qualities in the person. She merely wants someone who is as driven as herself. Someone who will be able to walk with her. She does not want her hands held up as she walks, nor does she want to hold his hands up as he walks.
          I agree with you Spiral.

I don't agree with what the woman is saying 100% because to turn love into a formula like that never ever works. I've fallen in love before with someone who never would have fit such a bill. You can't just decide and, like Dusken said, list the traits that you want. But I do agree with her and Spiral, that someone with drive, someone who is not going to just give up or not even try, but instead push the envelope and make a path for himself, that's the kind of guy I'd look for. It's not that I would discount anyone who wasn't like that, I just know that this is a trait that I would be attracted to. So, again, don't take the whole of what she is saying as a guideline, list, or any strict requirement. Look at the bigger picture...

Originally posted by fIReBuRntInHeLL Ck girls like you aren't going to stay alone, trust me!!!!! a smart experienced guy will find something in you that he never found in others. u dont need to list and become picky! Go with the flowwwwwwwwwwwwww.
          Don't worry Fire dear, I'm not want of any guy, that little snippet of a conversation I posted was not something I wrote, nor do I list what attributes I look for, or fear being alone... To the contrary, as some people very well know, I'm good at going with the flowwwwwwwwww as you suggest I think before being happy with someone it's very important to be happy and content with life alone, and I'm doing that I guess... I know exactly what I am and what I deserve and just hope to get even better than that, whenever that may be

Originally posted by loseyourname As a good narcissist, all I want a woman to bring is a love of herself that equals my own self-love.
          Is this possible? How could you be attracted to someone who loves herself SO much?
          Last edited by ckBejug; 03-24-2004, 03:19 PM.
          The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

I am as bothered as ck is about the whole self-love thing. If someone loves herself so much I would never know whether she loves me as much as herself. I want some one who views me as an equal or even puts me on a pedestal of a sort, whether I deserve to be above her or not, because I would do the same. And if it does happen the she loves herself more than me, she will not be as willing to sacrifice as I will be. I would die for my love.

Comment

That's all good, my brother. Nonetheless, I can't in good faith ask someone to love me enough to the point where she would die for me, simply because there's no way I would love her that much. I must be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug I do agree with her and Spiral, that someone with drive, someone who is not going to just give up or not even try, but instead push the envelope and make a path for himself, that's the kind of guy I'd look for.
                Ahhhhhh...but there in lies the proble, Bejug bejan. That may be what you're looking for, but that is NOT what this woman is looking for. I think you should look at her statements a bit more closely, as you've suggested I haven't. This woman is basically looking for a finely molded puppet. She is looking for everything we've been taught is "success". Someone striving for perfection financially, spiritually, and mentally? Someone she can respect? Hmmmm...her standards for perfection and respect sound an awful lot like the status quo set by society. So to her, the ideal mate is one who has conformed just as badly as she has. Whether she realizes it or not, she is actually looking for a very "simple-minded" man. Only a helpless fool doesn't question his surroundings and doesn't probe the possibilities. And who says she's "worth it"? How do we know that until we've met this person and seen her approach to life? That's what I meant by women being very picky without looking at themselves to see if they're in a position to make such demands in who they're looking for.

I live by a much more simple guidline: You shouldn't be "looking", period!

Comment

ditto that dikran, people are basically looking for what they are in others, or something better or (more brainwashed and molded) then they are lollll

god dikran your so foxy *gives him the bedroom eyed look*

words are meaningless and forgettable...
                  words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm.

Comment

Originally posted by dusken Woman: So what are you looking for in a woman, Armel?

Armel: I am looking for someone that makes me happy.

Woman: Yes but what will make you happy?

Armel: We'll see.
                    Man: So what are you looking for in a man,AN?
                    An: I am looking for someone that makes me happy.

Man: yes but what will make you happy?

An: Someone that will make enough space to be myself.
                    I'm a monstrous mass of vile, foul & corrupted matter.

Comment

I don't like the woman because she is looking for a loser ...

Perfection cannot be achieved. Anyone who is striving for perfection will end up being a loser. A woman looking for someone striving for perfection is basically nothing more than someone looking desperately to find that loser.
                      this post = teh win.

Comment

Working...
                      X