Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The ex girlfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ex girlfriend

I have a friend who just met this great guy. They've been going out every day ever sense they've met. But all his been doing lately is talking about his ex girlfriend. He told my friend how much he loved her (his ex), and couldn't eat or sleep because she broke up with him (which was about a month and a half ago). This girl had done anything in the book to hurt him ... ran off with another guy and got married, etc., etc. But he still wanted her back. This guy says his over his ex girlfriend because his got friend in his life now.

This girl calls him every single day, and they're still friends. My friend is having second thoughts because she says (and I agree) love that strong cant just go away. My friend even asked him... "Would you go back to her (his ex girlfriend) if she came back to you"... He said, "No because my friend is in his life right now ... but he would try to break them up if my friend happened to walk away" He told my friend she's got nothing to worry about.

What do you guys think ... something doesn't add up here.
    Last edited by ExtraHye; 07-02-2004, 02:53 PM.

He is still in love with the ex. That's what it sounds like. I've made the mistake of talking to my bf about my ex waaaay to much but stopped once I realized what I was doing. By telling your friend that if she ever walks away he'll go after his ex and try to break up her relationship makes it quite obvious that he still wants her. Or else he would have said he'd come after her and try to make their relationship work out. Who wants to get into a relationship with a guy who is so hung up on his ex?!
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

I also say that it's obvious that the guy is still hung up on his ex girlfriend. Not a good thing for your friend to get attached to this guy, because he might end up really hurting her if he loves another girl. No future with the guy who's still hung up on his ex.
      I see...

Comment

Originally posted by SagGal
        I also say that it's obvious that the guy is still hung up on his ex girlfriend. Not a good thing for your friend to get attached to this guy, because he might end up really hurting her if he loves another girl. No future with the guy who's still hung up on his ex.
        No future for anyone that are still hung up on their ex's.

Comment

In his defense, his only been dating my freind for a week. But then his only known his ex girlfriend for three months.
          Last edited by ExtraHye; 07-02-2004, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ExtraHye
            But that his only known his ex girlfriend three months.
            Three months and he's THAT in love? Hmmm, ok.
            I see...

Comment

Originally posted by SagGal
              Three months and he's THAT in love? Hmmm, ok.
              I'm with Sag here. There are falshing red warning lights all over the place here! That is a bit too intense of a "love" for someone he's known for only so long.
              The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

If he was over her, he wouldn't talk about her anymore, easy as that. I know that sounds a bit simple, bit being on both sides of the fence I knowit's true.. if they're still harping on the other person, then they haven't truly moved onto the new person yet.

However that IS different than just sharing feelings and past experiences with someone.. there's nothing wrong with talking about past relationships depending on how it is you bring it up, why you're bringing it up and how often.
                "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

totally agree with sagster here... i think he is hung up on his ex..but i dont think it can be love....maybe for him...but three months and he's in love? thats totally nuttragouse.... i dunno i think love is a strong word and it takes time to actually love someone--- and saying you love someone is not the same as loving someone....
                  i think true love is when you're actually commited to someone... and are ready to spend your life with them... i think in order to be able to "love" someone else people need to be able to accept themselves for who they are and not try to change for anyone...

but that does suck for your friend...btu yet again theyve been going out for a week or so right? why's she worried? maybe when he gets to know her better he will realize what's important... therefore i think that being friends with someone for a while is better before egtting into a relationship[ with them... give it a few months--even a year- be friends then you'll see if you want to be with the person or not...youll learn alot about a person when your friends with them...but when you go into it as a relationship--as bf/gf, then you're going to be blind about certain things or forgive too much...anywhoo thats what i think

Comment

Jesus lord almighty - who are these people? My 14 year-old sister has a more mature approach to relationships than all of these "friends" that are posted about in this forum. I thought I had some out-there stories.

Lose this guy. End of story. He doesn't need an explanation. He won't care anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X