Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turn ons

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ckBejug I made soap out of fat once, cool if you add the right good smells, or else it's ick. That's about the only thing Organic Chemistry class was good for.
    Haha, I couldn't help but comment on this. And Ck, it was General Chem (Chem105a), not O Chem, lol.

Comment

• Whatever it was, it sucked except for the soap. Oh yeah and those orange crystal thingies we had to take outside to crystallize. i'm pretty sure that was o-chem. No? I seem to recall Ellern coming outide to bring us all back inside. Whatever, I hated everything chemistry related, so I try to delete it from my mind as best I can. =)
      The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

• Originally posted by ckBejug I don't want any perfection. like I said, I was trying to be funny haha before. Do you really think I would be so high and mighty as to assume it would be settling if I was with anyone who did not embody all of those qualities I listed? No way! As for the last thing I said being functional... I think you're wrong, or else you misunderstand me. I think that's a way to really get to know eachother, the great fun of life is to see it through anothers eyes. It is not a job you must perform in said relationship. You know how they say the world is such a simpler place through a child's eyes? I think the joy of things comes from seeing then through another eyes. I would get a bigger joy out of something if it gave joy to someone I liked/loved and I saw them experiencing it... you know?? Moreover, I don't think you need someone in your life to feel not alone. I didn't say I want someone to fill the void. I just said it's nice to have someone along. I agree with you that you CAN feel completely alone even when you're with someone.... anyway, I have no idea what you mean about english and left feet. lol. I think we're just confusing eachother with this whole english business. =)
        Of course, what I want to say is much more nuanced in French than in English.
        First of all: I'm afraidd by love because its inhibits your head.
        Second: since the only thing I want before dying is feeling someone already knew me in my life.

On the one hand (you ), we are talking about joy, ie. the senses and the pleasure (the joy to share, the joy to be there, to see the same things).
        On the other hand (me), we are talking about intelectual actraction and real understanding (almost perfect understanding) of each other (which then provides more physical satisfaction).

The both are completely hermetic, since one belongs to the senses, and the second to the reason.

For the "scores" stuff, it always make me laught to listen to someone describing the ideal partner. That's the whole idea of the score, I want him strong, I want her not hairy etc ... The shape become always the perfect servant/slave, without any sense of identity/personality, with predictable behaviours (since drawn from one brain).

Now if you consider yourself doing the right choices, (I should say this in French) I mean, I you say you're not like that or like that, you should be right, and only your opinion matters, and I will accept what you say, since i can't make an opinion on my own (due to many things undependant of you)

PS: I you want me to explain/rewrite something, go ahead

Comment

• Beaudette killed any love of chemistry that was in me post high school. I hate that guy and hope he explodes in one of his many lame experiments.

As far as O Chem, I'll be starting that next Monday actually. I've heard more than enough horror stories about it, so don't feel that you have to contribute, haha.

And I don't blame you...Chem blows.

AND SORRY TO BARGE IN WITH ALL THIS CHEMISTRY CRAP IN THE MIDDLE OF A LOVE DISCUSSION, MUAHAHHA.

Comment

• [i]

AND SORRY TO BARGE IN WITH ALL THIS CHEMISTRY CRAP IN THE MIDDLE OF A LOVE DISCUSSION, MUAHAHHA. [/B]

Love Boat
            Love, exciting and new
            Come Aboard. We're expecting you.
            Love, life's sweetest reward.
            Let it flow, it floats back to you.
            The Love Boat soon will be making another run
            The Love Boat promises something for everyone
            Set a course for adventure,
            Your mind on a new romance.
            Love won't hurt anymore
            It's an open smile on a friendly shore.

*The Love Boat soon will be making another run
            The Love Boat promises something for everyone
            Set a course for adventure,
            Your mind on a new romance. (1st time end)
            Love won't hurt anymore
            It's an open smile on a friendly shore.
            It's LOVE! It's LOVE! It's LOVE!
            It's the Love Boat-ah! It's the Love Boat-ah!

Comment

• Originally posted by felizitation Of course, what I want to say is much more nuanced in French than in English.
              First of all: I'm afraidd by love because its inhibits your head.
              Second: since the only thing I want before dying is feeling someone already knew me in my life.

On the one hand (you ), we are talking about joy, ie. the senses and the pleasure (the joy to share, the joy to be there, to see the same things).
              On the other hand (me), we are talking about intelectual actraction and real understanding (almost perfect understanding) of each other (which then provides more physical satisfaction).

The both are completely hermetic, since one belongs to the senses, and the second to the reason.

For the "scores" stuff, it always make me laught to listen to someone describing the ideal partner. That's the whole idea of the score, I want him strong, I want her not hairy etc ... The shape become always the perfect servant/slave, without any sense of identity/personality, with predictable behaviours (since drawn from one brain).

Now if you consider yourself doing the right choices, (I should say this in French) I mean, I you say you're not like that or like that, you should be right, and only your opinion matters, and I will accept what you say, since i can't make an opinion on my own (due to many things undependant of you)

PS: I you want me to explain/rewrite something, go ahead
              No need to explain or re-write. I understand you perfectly. It's cute your stumblings through the english. AGAIN, I agree with you, and AGAIN we were talking about two different things. Now if you do recall, this whole conversation came about from when I said that I'd rather someone I had an intellectual connection with, even if he was so-so in the looks department. I think there is no such thing as 'perfect', there is only one you connect with who is like perfect for you even though they might never fit into the definiton of 'perfect' that the rest of the world has decided. I really was kidding about all those things I said. I am not looking for anyone to step out of that mold, I rather like it when guys have their own personality, their own quirkyness, style, and of course, an intellect to match. Anyway, if you want to try to say these things in French, go ahead. I will understand nothing, but you will sound quite cute I'm sure, and that I have nooo problem with =)
              The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

• hey
                1, 2, 3 man

I know it isn't me, cuz she deserves a whole lot better then a thousand of me put together. And as for being though, I'm not tough, I never said I was tough(not in a single post or thread)
                and I'm going to be the bigger man and leave this be...

Comment

• Originally posted by ckBejug No need to explain or re-write. I understand you perfectly. It's cute your stumblings through the english. AGAIN, I agree with you, and AGAIN we were talking about two different things. Now if you do recall, this whole conversation came about from when I said that I'd rather someone I had an intellectual connection with, even if he was so-so in the looks department. I think there is no such thing as 'perfect', there is only one you connect with who is like perfect for you even though they might never fit into the definiton of 'perfect' that the rest of the world has decided. I really was kidding about all those things I said. I am not looking for anyone to step out of that mold, I rather like it when guys have their own personality, their own quirkyness, style, and of course, an intellect to match. Anyway, if you want to try to say these things in French, go ahead. I will understand nothing, but you will sound quite cute I'm sure, and that I have nooo problem with =)
                  Je suis d'accord sur le fait que l'on dit beaucoup de choses semblables. De toute manière, à un certain niveau de maturité, on arrive à peu près au memes conclusions à propos de quelques notions concernant l'humain. Cela s'appelle toutefois la reflexion.

Il me semble qu'il y a toutefois des nuances que l'on ne partage pas. Et les nuances, ca trahit d'une certaine manière une incomprehension. Le problème, c'est que cette impression est un sentiment. J'ai l'impression que ce que tu me dis est limpide, et toi tu me dis que tu me comprends. Mais est-ce qu'on se comprends vraiment ?

C'est toujours le problème des mots qui revient.
                  Mais c'est qd meme la manière dont tu presentes ca. Tu dis que tu prefererai toujours qq'un qui a sa propre personnalité, intellect, style. Mais encore une fois, j'ai l'impression que tu emprisonnes l'autre dans certaines case qui correspondent à des coches d'un examen. Et encore, tu peux iterer la chose parce que ce que tu dis reste très général.
                  Tout le monde a une personnalité/identité/style different. Meme les gens qui veulent copier sur d'autre gens. Finalement tu te ramènes au commun des hommes et, ce desir si commun reflete un peu ton malaise actuel.
                  Tu desire simplement et avant tout ne pas etre seule, donc c'est un besoin. C'est pe sur ce point qu'on n'est pas d'accord.

I said nothing bad about you
                  Last edited by felizitation; 01-05-2004, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by felizitation Je suis d'accord sur le fait que l'on dit beaucoup de choses semblables. De toute manière, à un certain niveau de maturité, on arrive à peu près au memes conclusions à propos de quelques notions concernant l'humain. Cela s'appelle toutefois la reflexion.

Il me semble qu'il y a toutefois des nuances que l'on ne partage pas. Et les nuances, ca trahit d'une certaine manière une incomprehension. Le problème, c'est que cette impression est un sentiment. J'ai l'impression que ce que tu me dis est limpide, et toi tu me dis que tu me comprends. Mais est-ce qu'on se comprends vraiment ?

C'est toujours le problème des mots qui revient.
                    Mais c'est qd meme la manière dont tu presentes ca. Tu dis que tu prefererai toujours qq'un qui a sa propre personnalité, intellect, style. Mais encore une fois, j'ai l'impression que tu emprisonnes l'autre dans certaines case qui correspondent à des coches d'un examen. Et encore, tu peux iterer la chose parce que ce que tu dis reste très général.
                    Tout le monde a une personnalité/identité/style different. Meme les gens qui veulent copier sur d'autre gens. Finalement tu te ramènes au commun des hommes et, ce desir si commun reflete un peu ton malaise actuel.
                    Tu desire simplement et avant tout ne pas etre seule, donc c'est un besoin. C'est pe sur ce point qu'on n'est pas d'accord.

I said nothing bad about you
                    I don't agree with you simply to have agreed with you. Yeah, a lot of understanding comes with maturity, but how much older than me are you to have such a mature understanding of this whole love and romace thing? I am a hopeless romantic as it is and you've misinterpreted what I said and so you think my motivation for wanting any kind of conection with someone is that I fear being alone. (That is, if I understand what you're saying correctly....) and that, my friend, is very NOT TRUE. I do not want someone who fits any set requirements, and you say that even in saying that I am setting some kind of requirement, you may think as you wish, it is your right to have your opinion after all. But even if I say that in ten different languages you wont believe me anymore or understand what it is that i want deep inside. i suppose when I find the one who DOES understand me, well then he'll capture my heart I guess. Goodnight then. I tried.... =)
                    Last edited by ckBejug; 01-05-2004, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ckBejug I don't agree with you simply to have agreed with you. Yeah, a lot of understand comes with maturity, but you've misinterpreted what I said and so you think my motivation for wanting any kind of conection with someone is that I fear being alone. (That is, if I understand what you're saying....) Anyway, i do not want someone who fits any set requirements, but even if I say that in ten different languages you wont believe me anymore. Goodnight then. I tried....
                      It's not I do not believe you. I'm talking about something competely utopic that I won't be able to do myself.
                      I have an idea on this topic that is very fragile, I'm doubtful about myself, that's it.

Comment

Working...
                      X