Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Like to know what nationalities Armenians are dating these days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Like to know what nationalities Armenians are dating these days...

I understand im just saying like if you love someone should race matter?
    Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
      I understand im just saying like if you love someone should race matter?
      You mean, should race be a factor in choosing whom to love.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedayeen View Post
        I know someone who is 25% Armenian, 25% German, and other 25%'s are something else i don't remember...who wants to end up like that? I don't
        If you are so in love with "purity" it only seems to be subjective where you apply this strictly to those you choose to marry. However, it is attitudes and mindsets such as yours that are not pleasantly looked down upon. You give an entire race a bad name with bigoted elitism.

Your disregard the entire importance of personality compatibility and general spiritual nourishment.

Comment

I'm Turkish and I'm married to an Armenian and it's so wonderful.

Comment

Kagan would you like to introduce yourself in the introduction thread?
            Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Originally posted by KAGAN View Post
              I'm Turkish and I'm married to an Armenian and it's so wonderful.
              Do you guys sleep in separate rooms when it hits April 24th?

Comment

No, we don't sleep at seperate room on 24th April. Firstly, that is not problem of us, we are not people of Ottoman Empire. Secondly, I struggled against all kinds of fascism, both Turkish fascism and Armenian fascism, during my life. Life does not develop with seeds of hate. Life gives branches, roots and leaves with sympathy and understanding. If there are discussions of genocide today, it is with the efforts of anti-fascism movements in Turkey that I involved in. It was a taboo not more than just 40 years.

Comment

No, we don't sleep at seperate room on 24th April. Firstly, that is not problem of us, we are not people of Ottoman Empire. Secondly, I struggled against all kinds of fascism, both Turkish fascism and Armenian fascism, during my life. Life does not develop with seeds of hate. Life gives branches, roots and leaves with sympathy and understanding. If there are discussions of genocide today, it is with the efforts of anti-fascism movements in Turkey that I involved in. It was a taboo not more than just 40 years.
                  Chillax, Kagan. Surf the waves, and let it ride.

Comment

(laugh@Kagan)

Wow, talk about a crock of xxxx, Armenian fascism? We all know you congregate around the Turkish flag, what a hypocrite.

The "anti-fascism movement" is bait and switch tactic. Basically, Turks are trying to push forward there own struggle against their governments total control over the media outlets by using the Armenian Genocide as a flash-point. They know that the government will repress all activities related to the Armenian Genocide, therefore, they conveniently use it this flash-point to irritate the government. They expect a reprisal back. Furthermore, the argument is this, "if Turkey's government is more tolerant towards what is shown to the public than the Armenian Genocide will be a accepted fact within the state", but what short sighted Armenians like your wife or husband fail to realize is that the average Turk irrespective of what is shown on the media has a phobia towards accepting the genocide. Why? Attached to such acceptance is the realization that an apology will not mend relations. First of all, elements within the Turkish Republic, political or non-political, that were connected to the crime must be apprehended and punished. Massive wealth must be transferred to the families that survived the Armenian Genocide as reparations. You can not expect that the very same parties that benefited from the Armenian Genocide will suddenly push for the recognition of it.

Also, I am very opposed to what you even imply. You hint at the notion that "if you marry xyz, than you unanimously support all causes of xyz". This is a ridiculous argument. Anyone that is member of xyz should understand that the problems of xyz are solely the problems of xyz. You don't really change the injustices of the world by marrying a member of the opposing side. To these individuals like your wife or husband I leave this quote, "be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one".

Originally posted by Jackoff Xyz
                    If you are so in love with "purity" it only seems to be subjective where you apply this strictly to those you choose to marry. However, it is attitudes and mindsets such as yours that are not pleasantly looked down upon. You give an entire race a bad name with bigoted elitism.

Your disregard the entire importance of personality compatibility and general spiritual nourishment.
                    Seriously, get off your high horse. There is nothing wrong with being ethnocentric. In fact, there is nothing wrong with having a preference for your own people. Its not "bigoted elitism", it is called being a realist. The reality that idiots like you choose to ignore is that a culture that erodes to a composite culture does not retain wholly the original identities that mixed together. I don't understand why retards like yourself can't phantom this idea? Nobody cares what the hell you do, you can do whatever it is you want with your life, but don't try to change society in order to fit in. In all of this, if anyone is the "bigoted elitist" it is you, god knows that you will send your kid to Armenian School to learn Armenian. "O wise sage", have you ever asked yourself why? Is this not a true act of elitism? Wow, it sure is, talk about being a hypocrite, why does it matter to you if your kid speaks Armenian? In fact, if you are so "open minded", force the kid into the communities of the Non-Armenian side.

And if this does not occur, if you do not peddle your kid to the Armenian community, what then happens to your child? They fully assimilate and become part of the domestic culture. So, essentially, if you send your kid to Armenian school you are a bigoted elitist, while if you don't send them then your kid wholly adopts the domestic culture. This is the xxxxing reality, so if you make any decisions, think about this argument before you do. I sure have, everyone has, so, stop accusing people of being a "bigoted elitist" when you don't have any idea what the consequences of your decisions will be.
                    Last edited by Virgil; 04-19-2009, 09:35 AM. Reason: Randomness

Comment

I sure hope that Armenians these days are dating each other!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X