Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

NBA News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NBA News

Celtics won't have Kendrick Perkins for Game 7..... he's out with a sprained knee.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I have decided to do something even better than wait after the game to see the outcome. Instead, I am quoting everything from this past season before the Lakers victory. This way, I'll be twice as embarrassed if we end up losing (which we won't) and I will be twice as proud when we end up winning (and Pepsi will realize I was right all along).

So, here you go, Pepsi. I hope you read everyone of these quotes and realize that I was right all along.

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
      Kobe is more consistant
      but there's still a long way for the NBA season to be done

Boston wont win this year

It will be one of these 4 teams that will win'

Lakers Spurs Cavs or Orlando
      I think this is the best quote ever. Pepsi clearly acknowledged that Boston won't win this year, yet he somehow jumped on their bandwagon when they beat the Cavs. Hm, hypocrite? You were right about one thing, one of those four teams did win... Lakers.

Originally posted by PepsiAddict
      It will all be said & done when Boston takes care of business tomorrow then the excuses will begin with all Laker fans.
      Boston never "took care of business." They ended up winning a couple games because they played better defense, but they never finished it up. Sadly, all of your predictions were incorrect, buddy.

You see how mad Laker fans get
      it's ok One- Way...tuesday Boston will wrap it up
      Well, Boston never "wrapped" anything up. Lakers stay winning.

Originally posted by One-Way
      I'll be damned if Kobe doesn't get another ring this year, Pepsi. Quote this when it's all said and done.
      Well, I'll be damned. Kobe got another ring, or at least will, in a couple of hours. Unfortunately, I had to quote this for you.

I say Lakers vs Cavs

Cavs in 6
      Your predictions were off, my friend.

L.A. vs Boston
      One-Way so far your right your team has made it but can they beat Boston?

I say Boston in 6
      I say Lakers in 7, and yes, my team can beat Boston. Can your team advance to the second round of the Playoffs?

Laker fans are worried now series is all tied up
      2-2

L.A. fans taught it would be easy.
      Laker fans are not worried. We never said it would be easy, but we said we would win... and we will.

Originally posted by One-Way
      Okay, Pepsi. Let's wait and see, like we did this time last year. We waited. We saw.
      Yup. I'll quote myself every year. I was right, you were wrong.

We just have to wait & see
      Remember Kobe is struggiling with some injuries this season.
      Thank you for bringing that up, which proves an injured Kobe can still win a ring.

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
      I've said this 74 times but I'll say it again because Spurs fans don't listen. I'm not denying anything. I'm simply saying that Lakers will win the championship this year, just like I said last year.
      I guess I was right.

Comment

I have decided to do something even better than wait after the game to see the outcome. Instead, I am quoting everything from this past season before the Lakers victory. This way, I'll be twice as embarrassed if we end up losing (which we won't) and I will be twice as proud when we end up winning (and Pepsi will realize I was right all along).

So, here you go, Pepsi. I hope you read everyone of these quotes and realize that I was right all along.

I think this is the best quote ever. Pepsi clearly acknowledged that Boston won't win this year, yet he somehow jumped on their bandwagon when they beat the Cavs. Hm, hypocrite? You were right about one thing, one of those four teams did win... Lakers.

Boston never "took care of business." They ended up winning a couple games because they played better defense, but they never finished it up. Sadly, all of your predictions were incorrect, buddy.

Well, Boston never "wrapped" anything up. Lakers stay winning.

Well, I'll be damned. Kobe got another ring, or at least will, in a couple of hours. Unfortunately, I had to quote this for you.

Your predictions were off, my friend.

I say Lakers in 7, and yes, my team can beat Boston. Can your team advance to the second round of the Playoffs?

Laker fans are not worried. We never said it would be easy, but we said we would win... and we will.

Yup. I'll quote myself every year. I was right, you were wrong.

Thank you for bringing that up, which proves an injured Kobe can still win a ring.

I guess I was right.

I just can't wait for Boston to win
        but I know you won't leave..you're not a man of your word.
        Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Maybe your post count will stop at 7,053

Comment

I just can't wait for Boston to win
            but I know you won't leave..you're not a man of your word.
            Celtics are winning as of right now. If they win this game, I'll delete my account. How am I not a man of my word? What have I said before that I haven't done? Loser.

Comment

Celtics are winning as of right now. If they win this game, I'll delete my account. How am I not a man of my word? What have I said before that I haven't done? Loser.
              We'll see winner

Comment

One-Way you survived not deleting your account
                Good game

Comment

That was a very hard fought game! Grats to the Lakers.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I'm soaking from popping open a champagne with my family, so I'll be back in a couple of hours.

GO LAKERS!

Comment

Well, it's over now.

I can keep my account, but I was honestly going to delete it if we didn't win. I just knew we would, and even though Lakers struggled during the first half, I knew we would end up putting up that fight and winning. I think both teams struggled today, it's obvious by just looking at how low of a scoring game it was. Celtics put up a fight but Lakers never gave up. They stepped their defense up and took control of the game.

Honestly, all things aside, Boston is a dirty team with dirty players. Lakers never rage out of control like they do, we're so much more humble. Celtics is a team full of gorillas -- Kendrick Perkins looks like he has shit running down his face. I've said in the past that I'm a fan of Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen, and still am. However, everybody else plays dirty. They're looking for a fight and they act like animals. I can't think of any other team in the NBA that plays like that.

I'm glad because I got to celebrate this victory with family. We're all Laker fans, and have been all our lives. I'm so glad Boston didn't win. You'll never see Kobe Bryant or Pau Gasol or even Ron Artest act up like Glen Davis, Kendrick Perkins or Kevin Garnet. They're filthy people and act like such when they're winning and it was so good knocking them down.

Anyway, I'll let this moment sink in a little more. Victory, baby.
                      Last edited by One-Way; 06-18-2010, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X