Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

NBA News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NBA News

LeBron says Mavs owner Cuban `very sly guy’

DALLAS (AP)—When LeBron James was the coveted free agent last summer, he got a few text messages from Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban before making his decision to go to Miami.

Before the Heat played in Dallas for the only time this season, James described Cuban as “a very sly guy” Saturday night.

“He wants to win, he wants best for his team,” said James, who along with Dallas-born Chris Bosh joined Dwyane Wade in Miami.

Cuban said his texts to James and the player’s business manager Maverick Carter had a simple message.

“When he was making his decision, what I told him, and I told Maverick, was that no team had ever blown up a team of all their core, then added a couple of free agents and won,” Cuban said. “It’s always taken someone to come into a good team to make it better and put them over the top. That’s what I told him.”

The Heat arrived in Dallas with a 9-7 record. They beat Philadelphia on Friday night to end a three-game losing streak, but there has been plenty of talk about Miami’s woes.

“I’m not trying to get caught up in it too much,” James said. “People are going to have their comments, everyone’s going to have a comment about our team, about what we did, about what I did this summer. You hear it and you go forward, don’t try to get caught up in it as much.”

Miami’s leading rebounder, Udonis Haslem, may be out for the season after surgery this week to repair a torn ligament in his left foot.

Asked if he had any interest in the Mavericks last summer, James started his response by saying he gave “a lot of teams” consideration.

“That’s one of the teams I looked at, a veteran ball club with a lot of winners on their team,” James said. “But I guess you know where I ended up.”

Cuban was later asked if he James and the Heat would regret their decisions.

“I have no idea,” Cuban said. “The Mavs were 0-4 and ended up winning 67 games, so you just don’t know. They can win out … Hopefully not until starting after we play them in December and tonight.”

That 0-4 start to 67 wins for Dallas came in the 2006-07 season, after the Mavericks lost in the NBA Finals against Miami the previous season.
    Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Lakers lost to Indiana
      what's going on with the World Champs 4 losses already.

Comment

How can the World Champs lose to Memphis & Indiana LOL

Comment

Shut up. You're so obnoxious. In your opinion, a team should never lose, and if they do, they're not worthy of their championship.

Seriously. I'm going to be so glad when Lakers win it again this year. I'm going to be so, freaking, happy... not because Lakers will have won but because Spurs will have lost.

Comment

You're talking to a guy that doesn't even know how to rep his own team. It's like talking to a 30 year old Fisher Price plastic wall.

Anywho, the crowd impatiently awaits as Lebron goes back home tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by iFemale View Post
              You're talking to a guy that doesn't even know how to rep his own team. It's like talking to a 30 year old Fisher Price plastic wall.

Anywho, the crowd impatiently awaits as Lebron goes back home tonight!
              iFemale you keep sticking with the Sacramento Queens

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
                Shut up. You're so obnoxious. In your opinion, a team should never lose, and if they do, they're not worthy of their championship.

Seriously. I'm going to be so glad when Lakers win it again this year. I'm going to be so, freaking, happy... not because Lakers will have won but because Spurs will have lost.
                I never said but Laker fans always brag that no one can beat them & that there unstoppable, but I guess Indiana & Memphis proved them wrong.

Comment

You are such a child, with special needs.

Comment

Parker helps Spurs beat Warriors 111-94

SAN ANTONIO (AP)—The San Antonio Spurs were determined to make franchise history at home.

Tony Parker(notes) had 19 points and nine assists, and the San Antonio Spurs beat the Golden State Warriors 111-94 on Wednesday night to set a franchise record for best start in a season through 21 games.

“We just try to play well at home, win as much games as we can because we know the second part of our schedule is going to be a lot of games on the road,” said Parker, who was 9 of 14 on field goals.

DeJuan Blair added 15 points and 13 rebounds for the Spurs (18-3), who have won their past 25 games against the Warriors in San Antonio.
                    SAN ANTONIO, TX - DECEMBER 8: DeJuan Blair #45 of the San Antonio Spurs grabs the rebound against the Golden State Warriors during the game on December 8, 2010 at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas.
                    It was Blair’s third double-double of the season.

Reggie Williams(notes) made eight 3-pointers and finished with a career-high 31 points for Golden State (8-14), which has dropped five straight and 10 of 11. Monta Ellis(notes) added 19 points.

“I thought Reggie (Williams) was good,” Warriors coach Keith Smart said. “I had a film session with him today. I shared with him that ‘You look like you’re not ready to play, and you’re afraid to make a mistake on the floor,’ and he saw that on film.”

The Warriors also lost Stephen Curry(notes) in the second quarter to a sprained right ankle. The second-year guard was dribbling behind the 3-point line when he hunched over, called a timeout and fell to the ground in pain. He was helped off the court by teammates and did not return.

The team said Curry’s X-rays were negative and the club thinks the injury is a sprain.

“Any time you lose a talent, you drop down three or four levels,” Smart said. “Not having him on the floor was definitely difficult because I had to move a lot of players around to positions to bring some of the younger guys off the bench to play.”

“You have very little room for error against a team like this team.”

And Golden State used up all the room it could, turning the ball over 22 times, which the Spurs translated into 20 points.

San Antonio shot 51 percent and put six players in double figures. George Hill(notes) scored 17, Manu Ginobili(notes) and Tiago Splittereach had 12 points and Richard Jefferson 10.

Tim Duncan, who had a triple-double in San Antonio’s win at Golden State on Nov. 30, finished with eight points in 17 minutes.

“Coach said it was going to be a penetrating and kick out kind of game,” Hill said. “If we do that we’re gonna have a lot of open shots. It started with (Parker) and (Ginobili). They started the game moving the ball great and finding the open shots for everybody else, and we just fed off that.”

Parker’s driving layup from the right side sparked a 16-0 run in the first quarter as the Spurs held the Warriors without a field goal for more than five minutes.

The Warriors rallied in the second quarter behind Dorell Wright and Williams. The duo each knocked down a 3-pointer and a jumper during a 10-0 rally that cut it to 46-43 with two minutes left in the half.

But San Antonio, in the middle of its longest homestand of the season, held Golden State to 42 percent shooting in the first half and led 57-47 at the break.

“I thought everybody did a really good job of finding the open man, being aggressive, but understanding that teammates were open and making the easy pass to the next guy,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. “I thought everybody did that very well.”

Notes: The Spurs’ 25 straight home wins against the Warriors is the longest active streak of its kind for any NBA team against a single opponent. San Antonio has won nine straight against the Warriors overall. … San Antonio has scored at least 103 points in 15 of its wins. … No Spurs starter played more than 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by iFemale View Post
                      You are such a child, with special needs.
                      You just noticed that, where have you been?

Comment

Working...
                      X