Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

NBA News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NBA News

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team.'" - Michael Jordan.
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
      "There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team.'" - Michael Jordan.
      Truer words were never spoken, boy.

If you need to be on a team with two all-stars to win a championship ring, you're not deserving of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
        Truer words were never spoken, boy.

If you need to be on a team with two all-stars to win a championship ring, you're not deserving of winning.
        Miami has 3
        Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
          Miami has 3
          two other all-stars*

Comment

This is not so much news more like Trivia
            name one NBA player that people don't really remember anymore?

I got one

Craig Ehlo

Comment

Dallas 3-2

So looks like Miami will pull it out in 7 lol

C'mon King James

Comment

Dallas Maverciks are the NBA Champions
                Last edited by MrHyeSev; 06-13-2011, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Horry’s daughter dies after long illness

HOUSTON (AP)—The 17-year-old daughter of former NBA star Robert Horry died Tuesday after battling a rare genetic condition.

Ashlyn Horry was born in Houston in 1994 and eventually diagnosed with the 1p36 Deletion Syndrome, a rare chromosome disease that is characterized by intellectual disability, delayed growth, seizures and respiratory problems. Texas Children’s Hospital spokeswoman Nicole Terry says Ashlyn Horry died there.

Robert Horry and Ashlyn’s mother, Keva, set up a foundation in 2008 to provide support to families with children coping with similar illnesses. A message was left at the foundation’s office seeking comment.

Robert Horry won seven NBA championships with three teams in 16 NBA seasons. He earned the nickname “Big Shot Bob” for hitting several clutch shots in the playoffs and holds the record for 3-pointers made in the NBA finals (53).

The Houston Rockets selected Horry out of Alabama with the 11th overall pick in the 1992 draft. Horry helped the Rockets win NBA championships in 1994 and ’95.

“My deepest condolences go out to Robert and his family on the tragic passing of his daughter, Ashlyn,” Rockets owner Leslie Alexander said in a statement. “Ashlyn was born in Houston during Robert’s time with us and I know he shared a special bond with her. The entire Rockets organization is saddened by her passing and our thoughts are with Robert and his family during this trying personal time.”

Horry played for the Los Angeles Lakers from 1996-2003, and was a member of three more championship teams there. Former Lakers star Magic Johnson offered condolences on his Twitter account.

“My thoughts go out to Robert Horry and his family as they deal with the tragic loss of his daughter Ashlyn,” Johnson tweeted.

Horry finished his playing career in San Antonio, and won two titles with the Spurs to become the ninth player in league history to earn at least seven championship rings.

Comment

Riley lauds Heat season, says he won’t coach again

MIAMI (AP)—Pat Riley expects better days are ahead for the Miami Heat.

Speaking Tuesday, more than a week after the Heat season ended with a loss to the Dallas Mavericks in the NBA finals, Miami’s team president said that not winning the title was a disappointment—but insisted the season still had plenty of successes.

“I’ll say it. I’m not afraid to say it,” Riley said at his annual end-of-season availability. “We are going to be multiple contenders, OK? I have no problem saying that. We will contend. That’s all it’s about. When you have a team that can contend for a championship, that’s what you want, because then you have a shot at winning.

MIAMI, FL - MAY 31: Team President Pat Riley of the Miami Heat looks on during halftime as the Heat take on the Dallas Mavericks in Game One of the 2011 NBA Finals at American Airlines Arena on May 31, 2011 in Miami, Florida.

“I know what everybody expected here, but it didn’t happen,” Riley added. “But we had a great season.”

Riley said the team would add more pieces to complement LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh next season, plus was looking forward to seeing what can happen with a healthy Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller, both of whom had their 2010-11 campaign marred by injuries.

He also said Erik Spoelstra would coach, shooting down any notion that the Hall of Famer was considering a return to the bench.

“No, I’m not going to,” Riley said.

Riley ended his Hall of Fame coaching career in 2008, before tapping Spoelstra as his replacement. Spoelstra has a 148-98 record in three regular seasons, along with a 18-15 mark in postseason play.

“It doesn’t mean that I don’t have the fire,” Riley said. “But we have a great young coach here and I want to support him and hope that he can grow like I did. This is just his third year.”

Riley said he expects Miami’s so-called “Big 3” to get better during the offseason as well, noting that Bosh will likely add some bulk in the weight room and that James wants to do more to round out his game, which has already earned him two MVP awards.

“He’s the most unique player in the NBA and we’re blessed to have him,” Riley said of James, adding that too much of the criticism for the team’s loss to Dallas in the NBA finals went his way.

Riley called the way last summer went, when he helped convince the three All-Stars to team up in Miami, one of the highlights of the season for both Miami and the NBA.

“The greatest thing in the history of South Florida sports was those guys coming together,” Riley said. “With the exception of the (undefeated 1972) Dolphins. Maybe.”

And he does expect that Miami, which has the first pick in the second round, No. 31 overall, can get better in Thursday night’s draft.

“My take on it is that we’re going to pick 31,” Riley said. “I’m not so sure we’re going to spend $3 million to move up.”

Comment

Very sad day for us NBA fans
                      looks like it's gonna be a lockout season.

Comment

Working...
                      X