Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian Soccer

Yeh but our FFA wont hire a coach for our youngsters. They wont even hire a coach for the seniors either it always the son inlaw coaching. Who is gona develop our youngsters when they dont have a coach? I do not have a problem recruiting abroad but chasing players who clearly do not want to play for armenia is just sad!
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
      Any chance he will make a decision on whether to play for Armenia NT by the end of this year?
      He already stated his desire to play for the Dutch.

@Haykakan: Armenia's youth academies arent bad, we have produced some promising players: Manucharyan, Mkhitaryan, Dashyan, Mkrtchyan, etc. A kid from the Banants youth academy got called to Barcelona and is now in the Barcelona youth academy.
      Also Armenia has hired a coach for the youth team. Hayrapetyan has stated he will release the name on June 6 before the game against Montenegro. He says hes a revolutionary coach.
      Last edited by ninetoyadome; 03-31-2011, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
        He already stated his desire to play for the Dutch.

@Haykakan: Armenia's youth academies arent bad, we have produced some promising players: Manucharyan, Mkhitaryan, Dashyan, Mkrtchyan, etc. A kid from the Banants youth academy got called to Barcelona and is now in the Barcelona youth academy.
        Also Armenia has hired a coach for the youth team. Hayrapetyan has stated he will release the name on June 6 before the game against Montenegro. He says hes a revolutionary coach.
        Revolutionary ay? What is he a dashnak? LOL. Every chance the ffa had to hire a good coach since Porterfield they have squandered it. The youth coach we had was good and they couldnt entice him to stay, he hired his son in law for the seniors team when there were plenty good candidates out there, there was even a good Armenian coach available but made it impossible for him to take the job. This xxxx reminds me of the Ford family who due to their stubburness refused to hire a professional to run their business untill the company was almost done and they finally hired Malaully or whatever his name is. I only hope the FFA will wisen up and realize the need for professinalism and the benefits derived from it. We are doing very well considering how tiny and poor we are as a nation but it saddens me to see us fall short of our true potential due to cheap ass unprofessional stubborness.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Most people are hoping its an April Fool's joke but Hayrapetyan has announced the new youth team coach is Rafael Nazaryan, a man with no coaching experience.

Comment

Haykakan: Is the 'son in law' that you referred to the current coach of the Armenian NT? If so, he has done a good job.

9toyadome: Since Armenia does not celebrate April Fools, I doubt it is a joke.
            For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
            to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Yeh it is his son in law and he has not done a good job as a coach! The recent success of our team is due to the fact that some of our boys got international level experience by playing for other clubs in europe, russia, yukrane...A coach that did a good job was porterfield who had half the talanted players that minassian does yet managed to beat poland and tie portugal. If you give me good players and i bring u a tie against a good team well that is fine but if you give me s-h-i-t for players and i give u a tie and a victory against the best teams well then maybe i am doing something right. Hayrapetian is the ffa president and this bastard only hires cheap coaches who are either washed up or related to him. If he makes a mistake and hires a good coach he will chase them away with his unproffessionalism. We should not be having coaching conversations now because Rubo should have hired the Armenian coach from south america months ago. The guy really wanted to coach in his motherland and was willing to do it for far less money then he was offered by other teams yet Rubo managed to chase him away to by assighning a 72 year old man to two jobs while paying him for one. The guy didnt leave because the money was not enough he didnt take the job because to be a good NT coach a 72 yearold cant coach the other team in the apl rubo wanted him to coach. Our youth team had a good coach and that guy left like a bat out of hell since talent is rewarded in other places. So now rubo is replacing that guy with a guy in his mid 30s who has managed to score a single goal in his limited international career!
              And no coaching experience to speak of. Basicly if a armenian young man wants to become a good player he has either no one to guide him or he will likely be misguided by some no talent-no experienced coach who's only scoring experience is with the boss's daughter. I do not underscore the difficulties the FFA faces. Armenians in Hayastan cannot afford to pay for great talented players nor can they afford the training to develope them. I understand that we cannot hire the best coaches but man give me a break, you can find somebody who has atleast some international coaching experience. I do not like ripping on armenians in hayastan even if they are oligarchs because life is so much harder for people there but i am not going to say minnasyan is doing a good job when he is not, and rubo is clearly a cheap bastard who cares little about winning or else he would have hired proffessional coaches. This is very frustrating for me because i care and watching us take a step forward only to take another step back pisses me off!
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

The current coach is doing a good job. Perhaps you are being to harsh. Though I will admit I do not follow soccer, in Armenia or rest of the world, so you may have a better insight but I think time will tell how good the current coach is in comparison to others that the NT has had.

I do agree that the Armenian from Uruguay should have been the coach, that the FFA needs a new president, heck, I think Dodi Gago would make a better one than the current @ss who occupies that seat, and he would not be my first choice.
                Last edited by Armanen; 04-01-2011, 11:04 PM.
                For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

Porterfield was a a great man and a great coach, RIP. Haykakan is correct, he did some great things with a much less talented team than they have now.
                  General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                    Porterfield was a a great man and a great coach, RIP. Haykakan is correct, he did some great things with a much less talented team than they have now.
                    I agree with that, but I think the current coach has done pretty well for nothing having a real background as a coach on such a high level.

Comment

Vardan Minasyan has been the assistant coach for most of the coaches so he has picked up some stuff from all of them. Porterfield was a good coach but he also had a losing record. He got a win against Poland and Minasyan beat Slovakia. Porterfield tied Portugal, Minasyan tied Russia. Porterfield used what he had, which wasnt alot, he used Melkonyan and Pachajyan on the sides for there speeds, Hakobyan as striker, etc. Minasyan now has talented young players at his disposal. I remember when Porterfield first started people were criticizing him for not using the youth players. Minasyan is a good coach, the players do respect him and we can see that from the results we got. Just give it a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X