Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian Soccer

Originally posted by Mher View Post
    We are playing with our B-team while they have their A-team. There were a few opportunities that someone like Yura Movsisyan would have easily finished. But it's surprising that the coach chose to go with the B team against Serbia, the words 25th ranked team, who are playing with their A team. The coach saved the A-team for the Canada game which doesn't make a lot of sense. It would have made more sense to do the opposite.
    I tuned in after the start of the game, about the 6 minute mark. I noticed early on that the Armenian players on the pitch were the new call ups. I figured Serbia may have their A team and of course after they scored I was pretty sure they did.
    The only reason I see the coach putting new players out there against a strong team like Serbia is to test them against strong competition, which Canada is not, moreover the teams Armenia will be facing in its WC qualifying group are near Serbia's ranking or better, with the exception of Bulgaria and Malta.
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

I saw a someone post this on the offical fb of the Armenian soccer team.

"good game by mostly our reserve B squad... guys keep in mind Wed. is the official FIFA date, this game counts nowhere, rankings or goals."

If true this makes sense then, along with what I said above, why the coach went with the B team.
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
        I tuned in after the start of the game, about the 6 minute mark. I noticed early on that the Armenian players on the pitch were the new call ups. I figured Serbia may have their A team and of course after they scored I was pretty sure they did.
        The only reason I see the coach putting new players out there against a strong team like Serbia is to test them against strong competition, which Canada is not, moreover the teams Armenia will be facing in its WC qualifying group are near Serbia's ranking or better, with the exception of Bulgaria and Malta.
        Yeah that makes sense. He already knows what he has and doesn't have in his top 10-15 players. He needs to see what he has in the bottom 10-15, and he couldn't make any decisions based on a performance against Canada. It would have been fun though to see how we would stack up against a team like Serbia with out best players.

Comment

Armenia-Canada: http://tert.am/am/news/2012/02/29/armenia-canada/

2-1 now
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Armenian National Team, Yerevan, Armenia. 59,257 likes · 2 talking about this · 2 were here. © Armenian National Team /// (founded 1992)

3-1. It was a good game, Armenia has some room to improve but they outclassed Canada after the first 10 minutes of the game. Ozbilis scored the last goal, congrats to him on that and also on completing the first of what is hopefully many successful appearances for Armenia's NT!

Comment

yes, it was a good victory, we defeated China the biggest country in world in chess, now the second biggest country in soccer
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

For those who missed the game

Also if you guys want i can post a link to the whole game to download.

Comment

Armenian National Soccer Team: Minnows to Contenders?
                  By
                  Michael Karapetian
                  (Contributor) on February 26, 2012

After a spectacular showing during the qualifying stages of the 2012 European Cup qualifiers, the national team of Armenia quickly emerged from a minnow to a mid-European side. Despite amazing performances from veterans such as keeper Roman Berezovsky and defender Sargis Hovsepyan combined with the influx of youngsters and newcomers like expert goal scorer Yura Movsisyan and the blistering speed of Artur Sarkisov, the persistent side was trumped in Dublin, by the more experienced Irish side.

As a result of the Cinderella-esque run, hope and excitement for the Armenian people in Armenia and the diaspora are looking ahead to the qualifications for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Along the way, however, the Armenians will play challenging friendlies to prepare themselves for a rigorous group which includes the ever prominent Italian team along with the Danes, who topped their Euro 2012 qualification. Czech Republic, Bulgaria and Malta are the other three teams that round up the group.

Recent news has been nothing but positive for the Highlanders, as they are called. The latest FIFA Rankings have the Armenians at number 40, the highest ever in the nation's short history, and also 25th in Europe. The debut of Aras Ozibiliz, born in Turkey and playing for AJAX in Holland, is also highly anticipated along with the commitment from Norair Mamedov, who turned down the invite to play for the next two friendlies due to his club schedule and feeling that he needs to improve his skills before joining the senior side.

The upcoming schedule for the squad includes games on back-to-back days against the physical Serbian team on the Feb. 28, followed by the Canadian side on the Feb. 29. Both games will take place in Larnaka, Cyorus. In August, the Armenians will host the Belarusian side with rumors of a game against the Greeks in Austria during the month of may.

A lot of questions need to be answered during those friendly matches before the qualifying cycle begins. For one, with the additions of Ozibiliz and Mamedov, to go with already established players such as Movsisyan, Henrik Mkhitaryan, Marcos Pizzelli, Edgar Manucharyan, Artur Sarkisov and Gevorg Ghazaryan the front half of the pitch is already established with talent. Only question for Coach Vardan Minasyan is to figure out how to keep the players happy and focus on what tandems have the best chemistry.

The biggest question, however, will remain on the defensive side of the pitch
                  with Hovsepyan, who leads the nation with 125 caps at the age of 39, and Berezovsky, 37, are nearing the end of their careers, yet remain the leaders of the defense. Hovsepyan, alone, has more caps than all of the defenders on the roster (54) for the next two friendlies combined. Experience behind Berezovsky is also greatly lacking. That was greatly proven during in Dublin after the controversial red card given to the veteran keeper. A crucial own goal followed by another mistake made by, 20-year-old backup keeper, Arsen Petrosyan was the Achilles heel for the side.

If Coach Minasyan can get the team to continue to buy into his system and get the defensive side of the pitch on the same page, there is no telling how well the Armenians might do during qualifiers, despite being in such a talented group.

After a spectacular showing during the qualifying stages of the 2012 European Cup qualifiers, the national team of Armenia quickly emerged from a minnow to a mid-European side...

Comment

Just think about the fact that all the offencive talented players we have are still young and that means we have a scary team shaping up offencively. A good defender and goaly will make this team a complete football team with a chance to win any game. I still dont like gangsters like rubo but i am proud that armenia has been able to field such a talented team in such a short time despite all the hardships it has faced. HAYER HOOP TUR!
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      Just think about the fact that all the offencive talented players we have are still young and that means we have a scary team shaping up offencively. A good defender and goaly will make this team a complete football team with a chance to win any game. I still dont like gangsters like rubo but i am proud that armenia has been able to field such a talented team in such a short time despite all the hardships it has faced. HAYER HOOP TUR!
                      Agree 100%. Armenian soccer is headed in the right direction and now that they've had a taste of victory the last couple of years, they are going to get hungrier to win.There will be some setbacks but the days of being the doormat are over and would be unacceptable to the organization, fans, nation etc but as the article rightly noted, Armenia is weak on defense and will soon be weak at goaltending when Berezovsky eventually retires. They need some speed and size in the back end. Offensively if these core players continue to play together, Armenia has a dangerous team as you said. The player I admire the most is Movsisyan. He anchors it all.
                      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X