Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenian Soccer

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
    im also a member of this forum
    With memories of Ararat '73 still fresh on her mind, Armenia is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Armenian football!

its a sports forum for many different nations, each having there own thread.
    also i browse through this forum

All of these players should be ready for the game against Russia.
    The way i see it with Aras Ozbiliz, he was born in Turkey. His parents moved to Netherlands and he was brought up there so i dont think he's as patriotic as we are. In an interview a while back he did state he is Armenian

but i guess for him Netherlands is his homeland.
    He wouldve been a good addition to our under21 considering our top player, Henrik Mkhitaryan, is 22 now so he will be unable to take part in the next under21 tournament which we were given a fairly easy group.

Czech Republic
    Wales
    Armenia
    Montenegro
    Andorra

Since we did so well in the last tournament we were placed in the 3rd pot.
    Thanks for the info! And what do you think the chances are that Aras will play for the Dutch national team?
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
      Thanks for the info! And what do you think the chances are that Aras will play for the Dutch national team?
      they have alot of talented youth players and there team is young right now. Aras is midfield/striker, The Dutch national team has very good midfielders and strikers. There midfield's are Wesley Sneijder, whos 26 and plays for Inter Milan, Arjen Robben, 27, plays for Bayern Munich, Robin Van Persie, 27, who plays for Arsenal, Klass Jan Huntelaar, 27, Schalke, Ibrahim Afellay, 24, Barcelona. i doubt he will get called up, he isnt even playing in the top Ajax team. He plays for Jong Ajax, the youth team, the team Edgar Manucharyan played for. If anything he might get called up to the Under 21 team but those players all are probably starters for there teams unlike Aras.
      In my opinion its very unlikely he plays for the Dutch National Team.

Comment

they have alot of talented youth players and there team is young right now. Aras is midfield/striker, The Dutch national team has very good midfielders and strikers. There midfield's are Wesley Sneijder, whos 26 and plays for Inter Milan, Arjen Robben, 27, plays for Bayern Munich, Robin Van Persie, 27, who plays for Arsenal, Klass Jan Huntelaar, 27, Schalke, Ibrahim Afellay, 24, Barcelona. i doubt he will get called up, he isnt even playing in the top Ajax team. He plays for Jong Ajax, the youth team, the team Edgar Manucharyan played for. If anything he might get called up to the Under 21 team but those players all are probably starters for there teams unlike Aras.
        In my opinion its very unlikely he plays for the Dutch National Team.

So then if he does not get called up for the Dutch team, do you think he will come to Armenia's team instead? I think if our team wins against Russia it will make the team more attractive to Aras and other Diaspora Armenian players. What do you think?
        For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

So then if he does not get called up for the Dutch team, do you think he will come to Armenia's team instead? I think if our team wins against Russia it will make the team more attractive to Aras and other Diaspora Armenian players. What do you think?
          We've had a few players like Aras before.
          Denis Tumasyan, 25, is a defender who was born in Kiev, Soviet Union and plays for Ural in Russia. Armenia had invited him a few years ago to come play for us, he rejected saying he wanted to play for Russia. Russia didnt call him up so he ask Armenia if he could play for us. Armenia said no to him.
          Joaquín Boghossian is a Uruguayan Armenian. He's 23 and plays in Austria for Red Bull Salzburg. Armenia invited him to come play for us, fans even made a video for him, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VCrBJjaBEs. He has basically been stalling because he wants to play for Uruguay's National Team. There are other players also.
          If he doesnt get called up, maybe he will come to Armenia. Thats what happened with Yura Movsisyan. He wanted to play for the US national team but they were giving him a hard time with his green card so when Armenia invited him he said yes. I don't think beating Russia will change anything with the diaspora players. There are those who don't care the team sucks or whatever, they are just proud to represent there motherland. Hirach Yagan was born in Belgium where he plays until today. He's 22 years old. Armenia invited him and without hesitation he accepted. His brothers are also going to play for our youth team. Alan Stepanyan is the captain of Estonia's under 21 team. Armenia invited him to come play for us and he accepted. Unfortunately due to Estonian law he couldn't get dual citizenship so he couldn't come but the thing is he accepted the call. There are players like these, who couldve probably played for there countries but chose to play for Armenia instead. Then there are players who want to represent there home country, where they grew up like Aras and Joaquin.

Comment

We've had a few players like Aras before.
            Denis Tumasyan, 25, is a defender who was born in Kiev, Soviet Union and plays for Ural in Russia. Armenia had invited him a few years ago to come play for us, he rejected saying he wanted to play for Russia. Russia didnt call him up so he ask Armenia if he could play for us. Armenia said no to him.
            Joaquín Boghossian is a Uruguayan Armenian. He's 23 and plays in Austria for Red Bull Salzburg. Armenia invited him to come play for us, fans even made a video for him, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VCrBJjaBEs. He has basically been stalling because he wants to play for Uruguay's National Team. There are other players also.
            If he doesnt get called up, maybe he will come to Armenia. Thats what happened with Yura Movsisyan. He wanted to play for the US national team but they were giving him a hard time with his green card so when Armenia invited him he said yes. I don't think beating Russia will change anything with the diaspora players. There are those who don't care the team sucks or whatever, they are just proud to represent there motherland. Hirach Yagan was born in Belgium where he plays until today. He's 22 years old. Armenia invited him and without hesitation he accepted. His brothers are also going to play for our youth team. Alan Stepanyan is the captain of Estonia's under 21 team. Armenia invited him to come play for us and he accepted. Unfortunately due to Estonian law he couldn't get dual citizenship so he couldn't come but the thing is he accepted the call. There are players like these, who couldve probably played for there countries but chose to play for Armenia instead. Then there are players who want to represent there home country, where they grew up like Aras and Joaquin.

I hope they do not get called up by either Holland or Uruguay so then they will be much more likely to come play for Armenia.

Do you know if the georgian team that faced Armenia yesterday had most of its starting line up?

Comment

I hope they do not get called up by either Holland or Uruguay so then they will be much more likely to come play for Armenia.

Do you know if the georgian team that faced Armenia yesterday had most of its starting line up?
              I think it was mostly there top team with maybe a few new comers. There best player, Jano Ananidze, was playing.

Comment

I think it was mostly there top team with maybe a few new comers. There best player, Jano Ananidze, was playing.

So I think it is fair to say that had we had all of our first team players, we would have beat them.

Comment

So I think it is fair to say that had we had all of our first team players, we would have beat them.
                  im pretty sure we wouldve won if our top players played. Georgia isn't as good as they used to be.

Comment

Vahagn Militosian: I wish to play for Armenia one day

February 10, 2011 - 09:35 AMT 05:35 GMT PanARMENIAN.Net - Stade Laval FC forward Vahagn Militosian, 19, who signed the contract with the club in June 2010, said he wishes to play for Armenia one day.

“Matches here are interesting and it’s always challenging to rival strong teams, but I would like to wear Armenia’s uniform one day,” Militosian said in a conversation with a PanARMENIAN.Net reporter.

He also said that he keeps in touch with the Football Federation of Armenia.

Comment

he had also said it last year
                      Vahagn Militosyan: I would be proud to wear Armenia uniform
                      May 6, 2010 - 16:35 AMT 11:35 GMT
                      PanARMENIAN.Net - Junior Armenian soccer player Vahagn Militosyan, 16, signed a two-year contract with French FC Stade Lavallois.

Militosyan started playing soccer at the age of 9 in Avessac commune. He played for FC Blan, FCAV Redon and FC Lorient. Currently, he plays for Rennes Brequigny.

Speaking to a PanARMENIAN.Net reporter, Vahagn said he dreams to play for Armenia. “I would be proud to wear Armenia uniform,” he said. “I received offers from Rennes and Auxerre but I chose Stade Lavallois because it has a good school.”

Center forward Militosyan will play for Stade Lavallois from June 2010.

i think Armenia has tabs on him. there is a guy on the armfootball forum that is the scout, hes the one who brought a ton of youth players to Armenia, he has info on alot of youth players. there is a kid whos at Barcelona's youth academy. There is a kid who's at Sevilla's youth academy.

Comment

Working...
                      X