Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Looking ahead to 2004/05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking ahead to 2004/05

Who should the Lakers dedicate most of their money to?
    Shaquille O'Neal
    50.00%
    Kobe Bryant
    50.00%
    Phil Jackson
    0.00%
    Derek Fisher
    0.00%
    Rashweed Wallace
    0.00%
    Shareef Abdur-Rahim
    0.00%
    Gary Payton
    0.00%
    Brent Barry
    0.00%
    Marcus Camby
    0.00%
    Slava Medvedenko
    0.00%
    Adonal Foyle
    0.00%
    Greg Osterfag
    0.00%

Shaq is my favorite player. I barely like Kobe as a Laker. I'll hate him if he leaves which I wouldn't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogg Shaq is my favorite player. I barely like Kobe as a Laker. I'll hate him if he leaves which I wouldn't mind.
      Shaq is already making 25+ million. maybe he should take a hint on what to do if he wants a real team around him like Karl and Gary Payton have done this year!!!

For him to yell out 'pay me" then baby his injuries was a little out of hand. If he wants to continue being a champion he'll shut up, take what he's offered, God knows its more than he needs, and let that money be put to use under the salary cap with other players, like Kobe, Fisher, or Rasweed

Sharing is caring, spread the love and wealth, God he owns his own lake!

It'll be sad and bad seeing Kobe leave. It was Jerry West and Magic who brought him in and lead him through maturation. And those 2 had their chances to leave but decided to be Lakers for life, Kobe even once said he'd like to end his career here. If Shaq would shut up and give up a few million.

Comment

This might be blasphemy(spellcheck), but sign shaq at around $20 mil/year, trade kobe by feb 19 or whatever to philly for AI. problem solved. and phil if he stays he stays if he doesnt, pat riley welcome back.

Comment

Originally posted by dstyle This might be blasphemy(spellcheck), but sign shaq at around $20 mil/year, trade kobe by feb 19 or whatever to philly for AI. problem solved. and phil if he stays he stays if he doesnt, pat riley welcome back.
          riles is under contract for another year and ahalf. Byron Scott, Jim Cleamons, Kurt Rambis are possibilities. Iverson takes too many shots for this offense... Shaq can make up to 32/year. Karl Malone too a 18 million cut to win, Gary took a 10 million cut to win...I dont think its difficult for Shaq to take a 5 million cut to win, if he says what he really wants to do!

Comment

It almost looks certain that Kobe will leave. It looks as if he'll go to the Clippers, judging from rumors alone. If that is true, I'd trade him right now, along with Slava Medvedenko, for Quentin Richardson and Elton Brand. If they can't pull that off, then let him go and sign Rasheed. He'll come cheap with his history, but they need to extend Phil, who may be the only coach in the NBA who can handle Rasheed. Start him at the three position, along with Payton at the point, Kareem Rush at the two, Karl at the four, and Shaq at center. Give Shaq whatever he wants; with Kobe off the payroll, there will more than enough to sign Wallace. Furthermore, they can dump Rick Fox or Devean George or Bryon Russell, perhaps even two of those guys. They have young talent to build around with Rush, Medvedenko, and Brian Cook, who all need to learn how to play defense and then can be meaningful contributors. As long as they have Shaq around and he isn't constantly injured (he'll need to again lose weight over the summer), they should be fine for a couple more seasons. They may not be at the championship level for more than another two or three, but they should be able to rebuild while maintaining strength.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname It almost looks certain that Kobe will leave. It looks as if he'll go to the Clippers, judging from rumors alone. If that is true, I'd trade him right now, along with Slava Medvedenko, for Quentin Richardson and Elton Brand. If they can't pull that off, then let him go and sign Rasheed. He'll come cheap with his history, but they need to extend Phil, who may be the only coach in the NBA who can handle Rasheed. Start him at the three position, along with Payton at the point, Kareem Rush at the two, Karl at the four, and Shaq at center. Give Shaq whatever he wants; with Kobe off the payroll, there will more than enough to sign Wallace. Furthermore, they can dump Rick Fox or Devean George or Bryon Russell, perhaps even two of those guys. They have young talent to build around with Rush, Medvedenko, and Brian Cook, who all need to learn how to play defense and then can be meaningful contributors. As long as they have Shaq around and he isn't constantly injured (he'll need to again lose weight over the summer), they should be fine for a couple more seasons. They may not be at the championship level for more than another two or three, but they should be able to rebuild while maintaining strength.
              I agree with most of that, except Kobe is younger than Shaq. Shaq has about 3-5 years left, Kobe has about 8 or so. Rick I believe is under contract.

But lets not forget, they have to protect 8 players for this years expansion draft! Will Kobe be one of them? Who will be our playmaker? Who will we have that would be able to create? on a consistant basis...

Dr. Buss should also open up his checkbook, he's always said that he'll spent whatever it takes to compete!!!

Comment

I'd gladly build around Kobe, but if he doesn't want to be here, there isn't much the Lakers can do. They need Shaq more than they need anyone else. Shaq is a playmaker if they can just learn to get him the ball. Luke Walton has also shown ability as a playmaker, especially in the post, and Gary Payton is a wonderful ball distributor whose play has been elevated lately as he learns the triangle. His contract will run out and they'll need another ball handler, to be certain, but that is a concern for down the road. I'm just looking to next year primarily.

Comment

Shaq is the most dominent player in the league by far. Lakers keep him, they can build around him, he can play for about 3-5 years and most elite guards in the league can better fit the offensive scheme then kobe. so sign shaq, get a good guard, maybe another filler, keep payton and malone. bam 3 more championships. after that go for garnett or duncan, once shaq retires.

Comment

lan who cares!

Comment

Working...
                    X