Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Official MLB Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My predictions, as optimistic as they may seem...

ALDS: Yankees over Twins in 5; Red Sox over Angels in 5
    NLDS: Dodgers over Cardinals in 5; Astros over Braves in 5

ALCS: Red Sox over Yankees in 6
    NLCS: Dodgers over Astros in 5

World Series: Dodgers over Yankees in 6
    World Series MVP: Eric Gagne

Comment

• I have a weird feeling about this postseason. None of the underdogs really feel like underdogs, except the Twins, since the Yankees own them.

ALDS - Angels over Sox in 4. Schilling will win game 1, Pedro will choke and whoever else they throw out there will get shelled. The Angels are hot at the right time.

ALDS - Yankees over Twins in 4. Same thing. Santana throws a complete game and wins game 1, then the Twins hand it over.

NLDS - Dodgers over Cards in 5. Don't you just get the feeling that someone like Alex Cora or Jason Grabowski will hit a go-ahead homer in the ninth inning of the final game, then Gagne will close it out?

NLDS - Astros over Braves in 3. The whole team is hitting. Clemens will outpitch Wright, Oswalt will outpitch Thompson, and game three in Houston will be close, but the Braves are going home early again.

ALCS - Angels over Yankees in 6. Weak pitching and a slow outfield spells doom against the line-drive hitting Angels. The Angels have owned this team the last two years.

NLCS - Dodgers over Astros in 7. Same thing they did against the Cards, except this time someone who was either a no one or on another team at the beginning of this year hits a walk-off. Brad Lidge will be overworked by game 7 and he'll hang a slider.

World Series - Angels over Dodgers in 6. Sorry to say it, but I get the feeling this will be the end of the road. You beat the Angels by getting ahead early, and for whatever reason, the Dodgers just can't hit early in a game. It's too hard to come back on the Angels. The bullpen is too good and too deep. Plus, the Angels hitters usually struggle against power pitchers, and the Dodgers don't have any. Just a bad matchup.

Comment

• whats your pick for the MVP?

Comment

• Guerrero and Bonds. I would have given it to Beltre, but he was pressing the last week of the season, while the rest of the lineup carried the team.

I'd give the Cy Youngs to Santana and Clemens.

Comment

• Originally posted by loseyourname
            Guerrero and Bonds. I would have given it to Beltre, but he was pressing the last week of the season, while the rest of the lineup carried the team.

I'd give the Cy Youngs to Santana and Clemens.

I was talking about the World Series MVP, you left that off your predicitions

Comment

• If that scenario pans out, I'll go with Darin Erstad, although I think Bartolo Colon would have a big series. The Dodgers can't hit him for whatever reason.

Comment

• The Dodgers can't hit anything the past month, or get consistant pitching.
                Thank you Randy Johnson you old egotistical punk

Comment

• Don't blame Randy. He was willing to come, but the Dodgers would have had to give up either Edwin Jackson or Jayson Werth, and they wouldn't. If they keep it together, they should have a very good in the coming years. They're just not ready for a team like the Cardinals yet. I just wish I had more faith in McCourt. The market is loaded with good pitchers this off-season (Pedro, Carl Pavano, etc.), but you know the Dodgers won't get one of them, especially with the way the Yankees are starved. Someone is going to be rewarded heavily by Georgy Porgy.

Comment

• so i guess now would be a good time to do my re-predictions...

Boston over Jankees

Card's over Astros

Boston and Cards

Boston Champs

Comment

• 2 down, 2 to go

Comment

Working...
                      X