Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Official MLB Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All right, we're almost two months in, so it's time for a little review.

The biggest surprise of the season so far I'd say is the play of the Texas Rangers. We knew they'd hit, but they've just been pounding everyone. The real surprise has been their pitching. It hasn't been great, but it doesn't need to be great, and if it can hold up, they might actually be in the wild card mix late in the season, something that I didn't think had any chance of happening.

Baseball has been good to southern California. The Angels have the best record in the majors right now, despite their starting pitching still not playing up to its potential and despite some tough injuries that would have been devastating to any other team. I talked about the depth of their bench and their bullpen at the start of the season and they're making me look like a prophet right now. Ortiz struggle, so they pull in Sele, and he pitches well. They've still got Scot Shields, who can start. They lose Brendan Donnelly, the best setup man in the AL last year, and K-Rod comes in and posts an ERA under 1.00 and strikes out more than half of the guys he sees. Erstad, Glaus, Anderson, and Salmon are all out, and it's hardly put a dent in their production. They're the top scoring team in the majors right now, despite missing half of their starting lineup. A case can be made for Chone Figgins, Vlad Guerrero, and Jose Guillen as AL MVPs at this point, all three of them. Even Casey Kotchman has come up from the minors and given them quality at bats and run production. It seems like anyone they throw in there hits. All this while Adam Kennedy and David Eckstein are going through bad slumps. When they get their whole team back together, they might score 10 runs a game. If their starting pitching comes around, they're gonna start blowing people out like its nobody's business.

The Dodgers. They just lost three in a row to the Reds, and their hitting looked as miserable as last year, but so far, so good. They're finally getting production from Beltre, LoDuca has stepped up big, and both Cora and Izturis are giving quality at-bats. If Shawn Green can come around, they'll be an above-average offensive team. Heck, they already are in the top five in team hitting. The demise of Hideo Nomo is troublesome, as he was supposed to be the staff ace, and who knows if he'll ever get it back at this point? Ishii has pitched nicely, but has a tendency to fade in the second half. Weaver still hasn't shown much, and Perez has been good, but he's become Kevin Brown, giving good starts but getting no run support. So we'll see. There are still a lot of question marks and a lot of guys not playing the way they can, but the Dodgers still have the best record in the NL. They play in a terrible division, and should win it easily, so there's a great chance we'll finally see them in the playoffs. I have no doubt they can do some damage there if they can just bring it all together, but I still can't say I'm confident they will. It seems like they're always in the mix at this time of the year, then they disappear. I remember the July they had last year, when they went like 3-15 or something, and couldn't hit a volleyball. I'm hoping that doesn't happen again.

Going on the looks of the season right now, if it ended today, I'd have to guess that the Astros and Angels would meet in the world series. Both teams are powerhouses; we'll see if they hold up.

Comment

ok so anyone gettin pissed off at the Dodgers play? at least my AL team won one before starting to lose again...go Red Sox!!...WAKE THE FUQ UP DODGERS

Comment

I'm beginning to doubt that my assessment of the Houston Astros was accurate.

Comment

The only sport more boring to watch than baseball is golf. Unless you count chess as a sport in which case it comes before golf.
          this post = teh win.

Comment

Watching any sport in itself is annoying and boreing. I would rather be playing the sport, not watching it.

Comment

This thread is not a discussion of how exciting it is to watch any particular sport. Start another thread if you want to talk about that.

Comment

how the hell did the giants gain so much momentum lately? can anyone tell me?

Comment

You take 2 of 3 from the evil empire and then you lose 6 of 7? They need to win this series vs. the Gnats and at least make up a game. I'll be at tomorrow's game and I'm hoping the events of last week's series lead into some more fireworks. The hated ones supposedly aren't too happy about what Gagne did. They're easily overreacting because it wasn't even that close but whatever. As Vin Scully would say, "it's the Dodgers and the Giants."

Comment

that player for the Midgets is one lucky dude for the other players not letting Gagne get to him...he's gonna get it if he faces Eric again...hopefully we can regain the lost games over the Midgets

Comment

Going to the game tonight, premier section, got the tickets hooked up. woooo. Go giants boo gay crew.

Comment

Working...
                      X